Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another outage psychz LA (Downstairs)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another outage psychz LA (Downstairs)

HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Looks like another power outage at Psychz LA Facility (Downstairs)

Taking down our 4 OVZ VPS nodes, we were already planning to move them to INAP soon, but this another outage just solidifies it

Thanked by 2uptime skorous

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Did you ask them what's up?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

I'm not a direct customer of Psychz, colocate with one of their wholesale customers, but they are still waiting for info from psychz

But it's an issue at psychz

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

also took down my LetBox and HostHatch KVMs ...

CrownCloud storage KVM at Psychz LA still hanging in there (maybe upstairs, maybe UPS, I dunno but good on @SpeedBus)

Also HostEONS shared hosting in LA (client area, control panel and website) are up and running fine.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • My box is down for twice since few mths. It's sad provider good service but power outage

this is 3rd or 4th outage in past 1-2 months, but just affecting certain racks, unfortunately they are not fixing it. But anyways we are already moving these nodes to InterNAP so won't have to deal with it again

edited July 2019

@uptime said:

also took down my LetBox and HostHatch KVMs ...

CrownCloud storage KVM at Psychz LA still hanging in there (maybe upstairs, maybe UPS, I dunno but good on @SpeedBus)

Also HostEONS shared hosting in LA (client area, control panel and website) are up and running fine.

Yes it's affecting only certain RACKS hence our KVM nodes and web hosting boxes are running fine, only our 4 OVZ Nodes are down

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@HostEONS said:
    Looks like another power outage at Psychz

• Letbox box back up

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TBH, never thought about touching psychz ever since I screen grabbed prout in one of their data centers racking up.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • lovehclovehc Member

@HostEONS said:

Taking down our 4 OVZ VPS nodes, we were already planning to move them to INAP soon, but this another outage just solidifies it

@HostEONS said:

After using it for a month, why did my VPS Disk Space change from 30G to 20G?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Open a case and ask them to fix it.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@HostEONS said:

A+b outage or were you on a single feed?

• wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited July 2019

{DELETED}

• edited July 2019

We've been proactively working on the issue in 700 Wilshire Suite 100 where 1 of 2 UPS is having problems. The first outage occured last month was due to a firmware where we put it to bypass mode. When the 2nd outage occur we put the unit into bypass mode until the vendor can give their stamp of confidence.

However, during bypass mode the city lost power. At this point, we had purchase another UPS to avoid the further problems from this unit. The problem was the timeline provided by the vendor for a new was 2-3 weeks for delivery and another 1-2 weeks to get electricians to swap it out. We were able to put the unit into active mode for at least few weeks until yesterday when the brand new unit was installed. At the moment the unit is in bypass mode until everything is sorted. The complete fix will occur in the next few days.

Power outages are never fun where I myself can relate. We know this by running a global infrastructure where all of our baremetal/cloud services are A+B globally where we have seen constant power maintenance from multiple regions I invite those who are more prone to power sensitivity to go A+B. I understand there can be a budget constraint to the additional investment thus we know its not an option for everyone. In the mean time we believe this should be the end of it with the new unit in its place. UPS issues and power maintenance can occur but we invest quite a bit for components such as external bypass to bypass mechanism to avoid outages when doing work on these unit. Defective unit are definitely harder to deal with as you can not just walk into Walmart for a UPS unit and install them. This is where A+B takes its course while an issue gets addressed vendors and electricians can do their job.

• edited July 2019

@wa44io4 said:

Last night around 12am PDT someone pulled the fire alarm in 700 Wilshire that caused the fire department to came onsite within 5-10 minutes.

As a precaution pre-action initiated in any firea alarm in ANY buildings AC are always shut off. This is the fire code for any building.

Ambient temperature can increase during these time to ensure the safety of everyone and its equipment.

As soon as they clear the false alarm the AC was re-initiated.

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@lovehc said:

What's your use case? Have you checked logs and temp files?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@WilliamProfuse said:
    We've been proactively working on the issue in 700 Wilshire Suite 100 where 1 of 2 UPS is having problems. The first outage occured last month was due to a firmware where we put it to bypass mode. When the 2nd outage occur we put the unit into bypass mode until the vendor can give their stamp of confidence.

However, during bypass mode the city lost power. At this point, we had purchase another UPS to avoid the further problems from this unit. The problem was the timeline provided by the vendor for a new was 2-3 weeks for delivery and another 1-2 weeks to get electricians to swap it out. We were able to put the unit into active mode for at least few weeks until yesterday when the brand new unit was installed. At the moment the unit is in bypass mode until everything is sorted. The complete fix will occur in the next few days.

Power outages are never fun where I myself can relate. We know this by running a global infrastructure where all of our baremetal/cloud services are A+B globally where we have seen constant power maintenance from multiple regions I invite those who are more prone to power sensitivity to go A+B. I understand there can be a budget constraint to the additional investment thus we know its not an option for everyone. In the mean time we believe this should be the end of it with the new unit in its place. UPS issues and power maintenance can occur but we invest quite a bit for components such as external bypass to bypass mechanism to avoid outages when doing work on these unit. Defective unit are definitely harder to deal with as you can not just walk into Walmart for a UPS unit and install them. This is where A+B takes its course while an issue gets addressed vendors and electricians can do their job.

With the last power outage is the 4th in 40 days?! so you seems loss counting this not pretty well and i 'd prefer to update your client with what is going.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited July 2019

@Mic-hael said:
    TBH, never thought about touching psychz ever since I screen grabbed prout in one of their data centers racking up.

Credit where it's due Psychz did send him packing very quickly.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee MasonR
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@key900 said:

With the last power outage is the 4th in 40 days?! so you seems loss counting this not pretty well and i 'd prefer to update your client with what is going.

Wow, if they've not learned anything from the past outages or thought of contingency plans, then I don't know what to say :)

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@Mic-hael said:
    TBH, never thought about touching psychz ever since I screen grabbed prout in one of their data centers racking up.

Credit where it's due Psychz did send him packing very quickly.

That's fair. It's nothing personal, just association

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed

@lovehc said:

Did you submitted a ticket about it ? If not please submit a ticket so that we can take a look at it

• lovehclovehc Member

@HostEONS said:

@lovehc said:

Did you submitted a ticket about it ? If not please submit a ticket so that we can take a look at it

'resize2fs'
    After using this command, it has been solved.

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • @tdp83 said:

@key900 said:

Wow, if they've not learned anything from the past outages or thought of contingency plans, then I don't know what to say :)

We maintain 8 UPS in LAX just 1 of 8 that we been operating in the last few years perfectly fine. You can not have contingency plans with extra UPS sitting around as the batteries discharges over time. For any UPS you order the batteries are always new and NEVER just sitting in a warehouse standing by.

The contingency is the external bypass where we can rip an entire unit out without affecting regular operations. The downside is your not protected during this time. Its up to the client to subscribe to A+B power for their contingency.

We have a+b for our own cloud / bare metal as we understand that PDU/UPS will always require some kind of maintenance during their life time, nothing lasts for ever on a single feed.

• lovehclovehc Member

@WilliamProfuse said:

@tdp83 said:

@key900 said:

We maintain 8 UPS in LAX just 1 of 8 that we been operating in the last few years perfectly fine. You can not have contingency plans with extra UPS sitting around as the batteries discharges over time. For any UPS you order the batteries are always new and NEVER just sitting in a warehouse standing by.

The contingency is the external bypass where we can rip an entire unit out without affecting regular operations. The downside is your not protected during this time. Its up to the client to subscribe to A+B power for their contingency.

We have a+b for our own cloud / bare metal as we understand that PDU/UPS will always require some kind of maintenance during their life time, nothing lasts for ever on a single feed.

What is your website?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@lovehc it's psychz.net

• lovehclovehc Member

ITLabs said: psychz.net

@ITLabs said:
    @lovehc it's psychz.net

Thank you.

• lovehclovehc Member

@ITLabs said:

@lovehc said:

'resize2fs'
    Thank you.

• @lovehc said:

@ITLabs said:

@lovehc said:

'resize2fs'
    Thank you.

U got trolled