Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does HostSolutions.ro still exist?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does HostSolutions.ro still exist?

I used to have service with them but their invoices went into my spam filter so I didn't pay for my service long enough for it to be canceled. So I went to sign up for service again, and I paid and my service is "pending" but it's been that way for a week now. I also opened up a ticket but the ticket is stuck in "Open".

:) I was waiting a while before prodding in here because I know that slow service is the trade off for lowend providers. However, this has been a while and so I was just trying to see if anyone had any ideas what the delay is or if I need to do a paypal refund or what.

They were great before, so this isn't me complaining just trying to get my new service turned on :)

Thanked by 1sweatbar

Comments

• let fuck this provider with my shit comment

• @cociu could provide you some update...

• Yes, they still exist and the owner ( @cociu ) is active on this forum. They're currently running a promo for storage KVMs and have already announced that order-fulfilment may be a bit delayed at the moment.

• cociucociu Member

TravisVancouver said: TravisVancouver

Hello,

yes we still exist , we have full time ocupated and we delay in orders due of some offers here. No worry once is provided the next due date will be changed. Or if you cannot wait please ask for a refund.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • It's the perfect Rtinst host for Linux isos (as long as you can manage with 200-300mbps download available 24/7,and 100-200 mbps upload to peers)

Also suitable as secondary backup for your bulk storage via borgbackup.
    Basically, don't store data that you can't reproduce or re-download from another source.

Expectations management 🤞

Thanked by 2JerryHou uptime
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited July 2019

TravisVancouver said: slow service is the trade off for lowend providers

Not All,
    Crissic was within minutes (first response) ....

Currently BuyVM resolves issues with similar speed...

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@cociu isn't a 1 man show, so one should be able to reasonably expect that his support continues to work even during major sales actions. Not getting a response within even 1 day but 2 seems to be acceptable for a low end provider under stress - but a week? Come on, I don't care how much work you have with new clients or nodes, that's just way too long!

Yes, winning new clients and business is important - but so is not ignoring them for days or even a week once they are customers.

• EAgencyEAgency Member
    edited July 2019

@jsg you need to be considerate, cociu is running a multi dollar business and there are only so many hours in the day to sell sisters, hosting and replica watches. I think in every sales thread he says that it can take up to X days for an order to be delivered and support tickets will extend that amount of time by [insertrolladiceamount] here.

Nobody can say he doesn't know about it before ordering.

• LeviLevi Member

IF you value your time and mental health - go with another provider. Get a slice or something. And if you have plenty of time, looking to know more about Romanian language - hostsolutions.ro is perfect.

• donlidonli Member

@EAgency said:
    @jsg you need to be considerate, cociu is running a multi dollar business and there are only so many hours in the day to sell sisters, hosting and replica watches

It's replica perfume not watches.

• EAgencyEAgency Member
    edited July 2019

donli said: It's replica perfume not watches.

are you sure?
    https://i.imgur.com/NvhJ6TL.jpg

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@EAgency and some others

My point wasn't about bashing or ridiculing @cociu and I do not think that he's running a sh_tty company. My impression is - I might be totally wrong but that's what I feel - that cociu is a nice guy, means well, and works hard but he seems to be a bit too much focussed on creating sales and thinking about doing deals first and quite little about how to implement and operate it. Add a lot of optimism ("we can do that quite quickly, no problem") and you get HostSolutions.

The cure I think, would be for cociu to first prepare everything and only offer the quantity he and his people have really ready (as in "ready for the activation click").

As for perfume, watches and whatnot, I don't care. What I do care about is his hosting business. Nobody is born as a hoster and we should judge hosters by how they are as hosters.

• Wait can @cociu deliver replica perfume to US? I want to buy some cheap perfume.

• I really am confused by where this conversation is going but maybe I don't understand the culture around here yet.

@cociu I'm just letting you know my ticket has been open for 10 days now.

I don't want to request a refund, I'd just like to know how much longer I need to wait.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TravisVancouver said: I don't want to request a refund, I'd just like to know how much longer I need to wait.

• pikepike Veteran

@TravisVancouver 17 - 12 = 5 != 10

Thanked by 1TravisVancouver
  • Waiting for server setup is one thing, I waited for my server for almost a month from @AlexBarakov, but it's fine since he always answer my tickets. But waiting weeks for a reply?

At least he didn't "bump" his ticket, or he will have an excuse whmcs will just send bumped ticket to the bottom.

tl;dr if you need your server fast, do not go for host solution. It is known for past years that he has no time to answer ticket, yet always has time to answer reply on LET.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • cociucociu Member

yokowasis said: yet always has time to answer reply on LET

i am not the only man working in this , my tikets is related to payments/refunds , and some time i make the others too , but some time, I have employers for this .

• edfoxedfox Member

So much pity for the girl who got hired as a cashier at the perfume shop and now is answering angry customers

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Pity wedding planners. I've heard some horror stories from them.

Being yelled at is apparently nothing compared to what they go through.

• @pike said:
    @TravisVancouver 17 - 12 = 5 != 10

You're absolutely right, I only looked at the 07 in the place I expect a day and didn't look at the 12 which is obviously not the month.

Still 5 days of waiting (6 on the service because I ordered the service and waited a day to contact), but better than 10.

To answer an above suggestion, I have used BuyVM in the past and still have my clients use them. @Francisco is awesome. He and I both know that his service doesn't fit my needs for this project.

• @cociu said:

yokowasis said: yet always has time to answer reply on LET

i am not the only man working in this , my tikets is related to payments/refunds , and some time i make the others too , but some time, I have employers for this .

When my employees are behind schedule I step in and help clear their work load keeping them and my clients happy.

Since you are on LET and see this thread it would be really awesome if you could also just hop on and enable my service.

I appreciate your time and everyone here helping out.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @TravisVancouver f you need hostsolutions for a specific reason (whatever that may be) - then you just have to wait, deal with only certain distros being available, and put up with assorted random stuff. If your project can work on other providers- my advice is life is too short- if establishing service is this hard, just go somewhere else.

• @TinFoil2019 said:
    @TravisVancouver f you need hostsolutions for a specific reason (whatever that may be) - then you just have to wait, deal with only certain distros being available, and put up with assorted random stuff. If your project can work on other providers- my advice is life is too short- if establishing service is this hard, just go somewhere else.

That's fair, I'm mostly just asking. I have him here, doesn't hurt to say "hey LET people will see you providing great customer service if you help me out here" if he wants to, great. If not I'll wait.

It seems he has a lot of people signing up for his service so maybe he doesn't need more word of mouth

• deankdeank Member, Troll

When one offers below bottom barrel prices, there is no need for words of mouth.

People will sign up like flies being attracted to a rotting piece of meat.

• I think most people on LET love the added drama they get as part of the purchase price

• Damn, I thought your picture looks familiar @TravisVancouver but I didn't know where to put you. Then I remembered reading about the lawsuit the other day ( the way the complaint is written is ridiculous, i've never seen a lawyer put so much hate in a complaint against someone incl. poor Francisco ). I personally always root for the underdog so best of luck with your defense and a beneficial outcome for you.

Just a heads up I doubt that you'll be very happy with HostSolutions if you plan to host the same or a similar project. Francisco tried really hard to keep your site alive I wouldn't expect the same from cociu. They are very different when it comes to handling "uncomfortable" customers.

• TinFoil2019TinFoil2019 Member
    edited July 2019

guess he will just have to wait for hostsolutions

• EAgencyEAgency Member
    edited July 2019

TinFoil2019 said: Upon further review- HostSolutions is the perfect site for his content.

Brother, Romania is part of the EU and while a Romanian hosting provider can completely ignore DMCA requests because they are outside of US Jurisdiction they can't ignore civil / criminal claims by a third party filed in Romania.

https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/web/observatory/faqs-on-copyright-ro

If someone is willing to spend $30k USD in legal fees ( self proclaimed ) to go after your ass and has a burning hate for you and your project there is a good chance that said 3rd party is going to also sue in civil court in romania and file a criminal complaint with romanian police which a romanian hosting provider can't ignore.

You will be dropped faster by said hosting provider in the EU than a hot potato can be dropped by an even hotter romanian sister. "DMCA-ignored" hosting protects you against automated requests by companies who are simply to lazy and don't want to spend the money to sue you personally. But that doesn't protect you from someone willing to go to civil court and file criminal charges in another country even at a loss just out of principle and to make an example out of you.

• @EAgency said:
    Damn, I thought your picture looks familiar @TravisVancouver but I didn't know where to put you. Then I remembered reading about the lawsuit the other day ( the way the complaint is written is ridiculous, i've never seen a lawyer put so much hate in a complaint against someone incl. poor Francisco ). I personally always root for the underdog so best of luck with your defense and a beneficial outcome for you.

Just a heads up I doubt that you'll be very happy with HostSolutions if you plan to host the same or a similar project. Francisco tried really hard to keep your site alive I wouldn't expect the same from cociu. They are very different when it comes to handling "uncomfortable" customers.

They have been so far so good, he's not hosting anything anyway just another link in the chain :P That said, I have been getting some pretty great recs by PM. Thanks everyone for being awesome.

Maybe I'll look around.