Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xeon E-2176G (or similar with iGPU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xeon E-2176G (or similar with iGPU)

Any North American hosts with a similar CPU, two SSDs and two HDDs for a ZFS system? I can find a few but since the configuration is similar on many sites, seems they are reselling from someone.

Thanks!

Comments

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Just make sure the motherboard supports the iGPU. Most server grade motherboards will disable the onboard GPU.

• @MrRadic said:
    Just make sure the motherboard supports the iGPU. Most server grade motherboards will disable the onboard GPU.

Oh jeez I didn't even realize that, is there any talks about some people getting a server with an iGPU and then being unable to utilize it due to the motherboard?

• GattoGatto Member

Limestone Networks has the E-2176G, got one from them recently and the service has been great. I couldn't tell whether the iGPU can be used or not since I'm just using it to host headless gameservers.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Are you using the iGPU for QuickSync? I don't know of any hosts that have support for usage on this (the one I have deployed has to have this little proxy dongle in the HDMI port to recognize it's alive).

Thanked by 1rhododendron
  • @Gatto said:
    Limestone Networks has the E-2176G, got one from them recently and the service has been great. I couldn't tell whether the iGPU can be used or not since I'm just using it to host headless gameservers.

Glad to see another limestone user.

Thanked by 1Gatto
  • @LordSpock said:
    Are you using the iGPU for QuickSync? I don't know of any hosts that have support for usage on this (the one I have deployed has to have this little proxy dongle in the HDMI port to recognize it's alive).

Yes that is correct. You think this is something that I should bring up with Limestone Networks or whoever I rent from?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@rhododendron said:

@LordSpock said:

Yes that is correct. You think this is something that I should bring up with Limestone Networks or whoever I rent from?

Could be worth. Another Limestone user here - they're really reasonable and may even let you have a quick test to make sure the solution works for you.

Thanked by 1rhododendron
  • @LordSpock said:

@rhododendron said:

@LordSpock said:

Could be worth. Another Limestone user here - they're really reasonable and may even let you have a quick test to make sure the solution works for you.

Alright I've sent their support a question about this, I'll post an update about what they respond with.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I've got E-2146G systems available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney if needing something in another region altogether. Slightly different GPU chip though I believe...

• rhododendronrhododendron Member
    edited July 2019

Are there any other hosts offering competitive prices with this processor in North America?

• Not shilling I swear since I have no experience with them, but phoenixnap is offering an E-2186G at a competitive price but not as much bandwidth initially like limestone.

• Limestone says they aren't 100% certain but haven't heard any complaints about QuickSync not functioning.