Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any LEB providers provision private network?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any LEB providers provision private network?

bookstackbookstack Member
edited November 2013 in General

Just curious why nobody here advertise the network setup like VPC in AWS? It has solid use case like:

I have a web stack with

• web server with public IP
  • app server with private IP only
  • db server with private IP only

They all sit in the same private network, and the backend servers are only accessible via SSH tunnel through the web server.

For this configuration, I need just several public IP address for web servers, but I need a private network provisioned.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Private network is currently offered by 2-3 providers from over here, including us.

• We can do this with VPSDime.

• I think digital ocean do

• we can do private networking on request as well.

• Why you guys never advertise that?

Just wonder how you guys doing that? Do you use vlan, also provide dhcp service per private network?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

We provide a private lan for every customer which wishes to buy the feature (costs some 4-5 Eur a month). It also provides VPC, load balancing (if you need to distribute load across servers within the same private network), VPN to connect another lan to it or a road-warrior.
    The virtual router also provides dhcp, but, sadly, only IPv4, it NATs everything in order to do the firewalling and IPv6 does not support NAT. Adding IPv6 will make them less private, isnt it...

• @bookstack - As we have written our own management software, we are more than able and willing to provide this to you! We can give you a private VLAN spread over different physical nodes if you wish :)

• We're adding this once the Fliphost integration is complete. It's mostly been worked out.

• LowEndSpirit does as it provides NATted buts its probably not what you're looking for.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

All budget vps packages on lunanode are provisioned with 1gbps private network.

• I don't think many hosts do it any more because it's bonked in SolusVM, at least for OVZ. I've had more then one instance where I wished I could get a private IP, usually because I want mySQL to only listen on the internal IP.

• @nunim said:
    I don't think many hosts do it any more because it's bonked in SolusVM, at least for OVZ. I've had more then one instance where I wished I could get a private IP, usually because I want mySQL to only listen on the internal IP.

It's bonked in so many things. Private IP's is the least of it's worries.

The way OpenVZ works, all you need to do is give clients RFC-1918 address space. Granted, if you have multiple netblocks on a given solus node, it'll be a small mess, but nothing that's too hard to clean up.