Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEWARE: Upbeat Hosting (I've been down 3 days--no resolve...)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEWARE: Upbeat Hosting (I've been down 3 days--no resolve...)

I have a reseller account with https://www.upbeathosting.com/ which I have been "generally" happy with, cpanel and website response time etc. On Friday everything went off line--including the cpanel. I filled a ticket. They responded and said fixed 2 hours later--NOT. They didn't even check the main website on the account. Since Friday NOTHING. No cpanel, no access, all my sites are down. I have filed multiple tickets and only get one word answers "We are working on it". They justed posted another offer on LowendBox.com July 12th.

My suggestion is before they sell more accounts how about FIXING THE ONES YOU HAVE.

THIS IS REALLY BAD.

BEWARE.

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

They sell unlimed master reseller for $10/mo, That's impossible under new cpanel licence prices so the best bet is to simply move to a new host as that's all you can do right now.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

derp, lulz, good luck

Thanked by 2Janevski RedSox
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2019

Well, considering the recent cPanel licensing fees change, some hosts are going to go belly up.
    Seems that they just bought a cPanel vps license and perhaps their whole marketing model imploded when cPanel changed fees.
    https://verify.cpanel.net/app/verify?ip=upbeathosting.com

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • I have a ton of work on that account... moving isn't all that easy. They had been one of the better providers around. I have probably used 10-12 different offers on LEB--always looking for something decent. I got wiped out with that Alpha Rack crash. Only good news is I moved my production stuff to a REAL SERVER outside the entire LEB environment. But I do like LEB stuff for dev. My Upbeat account was a depository/dumping ground... cheap backup with some extra things like cpanel mentioned above. Bottom line is the support is non-existent.

Cheap or not I paid them for service they are obligated to provide....

• donlidonli Member

Be sure you are off before Sept 1st.

• I had no idea about this cpanel licensing change... for sure that is going to have some fall out. BUT I wonder if it is for the better? I get it, if you are serious you would never use any offer on LEB--90% of the shit is from this Colocrossing outfit. But there is room for cloud hosting outside Google, AWS, Azure, etc...

Here is a business idea for someone. How about a offer on LEB that is only sold 100x rather than 1000x? And rather than charge $10 a year you charge $100. That is better than $100 a month.

Is there any middle ground? I have no idea...

• I guess it lost its rhythm.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@Bopie said:
    They sell unlimed master reseller for $10/mo, That's impossible under new cpanel licence prices so the best bet is to simply move to a new host as that's all you can do right now.

They sell 200 GB Unlimited Master reseller for $ 15/year.

200GB Storage Space
    3000GB Bandwidth
    Shared IP Address
    Unlimited cPanel Accounts
    Unlimited Reseller Accounts
    cPanel & WHM Control Panel
    Softaculous Script Installer
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    Free Migrations
    $15/yr

7 accounts @ cPanel's $ 2.40/account/year pricing puts them in the hole.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited July 2019

looks like it got beat up (hosting).

/jk

• BopieBopie Member

@donli Damm that's the best offer ever looks like I have found a way to sell hosting at a massive profit :O ...

Obviously, a joke but seriously no wonder their services are dying but from the looks their server is still online.

• They are on line and taking new customers as we speak... however they can't seem to be able to provide anything to this customer. When I login the account is "there" but beyond that--NOTHING. Maybe a land grab before they go bust like those assholes at Alpha Racks.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

They operate on a concept that not many will use up what they actually offer.

When someone does though, they cut them off.

The CPanel massive price increase has not hit them yet; they are probably still trying to understand what it all means. Just wait until mid September. There will be explosions everywhere among LEB level hosts.

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@hashratez said:

Here is a business idea for someone. How about a offer on LEB that is only sold 100x rather than 1000x? And rather than charge $10 a year you charge $100. That is better than $100 a month.

Is there any middle ground? I have no idea...

There are several middle ground shared hosts here on LET. Like buyshared.

https://buyshared.net/cpanel-reseller-hosting/

Too expensive!

• Donli, thx, interesting, I love the have a European DC--that could be very useful!

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2019

hashratez said: How about a offer on LEB that is only sold 100x rather than 1000x?
    And rather than charge $10 a year you charge $100. That is better than $100 a month.

That would break the 7$/month limit.

PS: Actually it won't, but, it will kill the mad profits.

• LOL--Buyshared goes to buyvm which goes to https://my.frantech.ca/index.php some Canada outfit, I mean I like Canada... almost everything is sold out. Lot's of clicking to get to a final product they don't have. BUT maybe in the future worth another look...

• Frantech is a Canadian outfit? Since when? Im sure @Francisco will find that statement hilarious, eh.

Thanked by 1Francisco

Everything sold out part seems correct.

Frantech is not a Canadian joint though.

• Well the domain name .ca is Canada, what can I say...

• donlidonli Member

@t0ny0 said:
    Frantech is a Canadian outfit? Since when? Im sure @Francisco will find that statement hilarious, eh.

Give him a break, Canadians have an inferiority complex already.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@hashratez said:
    LOL--Buyshared goes to buyvm which goes to https://my.frantech.ca/index.php some Canada outfit, I mean I like Canada... almost everything is sold out. Lot's of clicking to get to a final product they don't have. BUT maybe in the future worth another look...

You need to use a stock stalking service like:
    https://buyvmstock.com/
    to be notified when things are back in stock.

Another well known middle ground provider is ramnode:
    https://ramnode.com/shared.php

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited July 2019

Well, since Fran is entering USA 2020 presidential election, he is anything but a Canadian.

An Earthian, aye, but no Canadian.

• RameNode looks interesting as well... thx!

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@t0ny0 said:
    Frantech is a Canadian outfit? Since when? Im sure @Francisco will find that statement hilarious, eh.

@hashratez said:
    Well the domain name .ca is Canada, what can I say...

I have new evidence sugesting that Frantech is indeed a Canadian operation.

• uptimeuptime Member

I have been assured that @Francisco is 99.44% of the European persuasion.

edited July 2019

The plot thickens.

Does this mean Fran is running for PM in Canada as well? Murica domination much?

• level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your possible deadpool situation. From their site. I added bold for emphasis:

Upbeat Hosting’s original and flagship data center facility is located in Western New York and is strategically positioned **between major East Coast population centers, NYC, Chicago, and Toronto.
    The **“upstate” facility, as locals refer to it
    , provides superior connectivity and latency to Europe while benefiting from the favorable economic environment in the area. Nearby “Wonder of the World,” **Niagara Falls, provides reliable and inexpensive hydroelectric power, allowing our data center to operate on renewable energy.

The DC is either CC or a State Prison. Maybe Niagara Falls ran out of water and they lost power?

• Ouch. I'm actually disappointed how he doesn't list his company location anywhere on About Us pages. I've never had a good experience with companies that do that. Especially disappointed you're not proud of being Canadian. I know you've said Victoria lots of times on LET, but you shouldn't hide this on your company pages.

FYI, file not found. https://buyvm.net/contactus.php

• level6level6 Member

@TimboJones said:
    Ouch. I'm actually disappointed how he doesn't list his company location anywhere on About Us pages. I've never had a good experience with companies that do that. Especially disappointed you're not proud of being Canadian. I know you've said Victoria lots of times on LET, but you shouldn't hide this on your company pages.

FYI, file not found. https://buyvm.net/contactus.php

Are you serious?