Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New kvm Storage production (30% off) start from 4.55 eur/mo 1tb hdd located in Romania ! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New kvm Storage production (30% off) start from 4.55 eur/mo 1tb hdd located in Romania !

Comments

• Ubuntu 18.04 re/installation ends in 504 Gateway timeout... Also ticket #859845. :)

• Thanked by 3ITLabs Amitz ehab
  • pikepike Veteran

@nexusrain said:
    Ubuntu 18.04 re/installation ends in 504 Gateway timeout... Also ticket #859845. :)

Try shutting down your VPS via the panel, if it says "Not able to Stop VPS unable to find configuration file for VM 123 - no such machine" youre fucked.
    @cociu please look at ticket #512148

Thanked by 1nexusrain
  • Today I was finally able to re-install Ubuntu 18.04 and get in to the VM afterwards and use it.

Ever since the Ubuntu images had become available again, I had tried re-installing it several times. Each time I would either get a Control Panel error, or it would say "re-install successful", but then I was never able to actually log in to the box (timeout). CPU was at a constant 100%, according to the graph on the control panel.

But today it finally worked. :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @HuangLee said:

The Ubuntu 18.04 is nigh!

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • some progress, novnc works for ubuntu now

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Its been two weeks now since I requested a refund... Still waiting for support to reply on my ticket, not even mention the actual refund.

For me - this provider is the worst service I had on LET.

• @johndoefornow said:

You have been lucky!

I mean - it's not necessarily good luck ...

but you could probably do worse.

@cociu the eyes of LET are upon you!

• ofitofit Member

He is noob at LET. Do not judge him because he do not who is cociu and what offers he sell.

Thanked by 2uptime johndoefornow
  • @johndoefornow said:
    Its been two weeks now since I requested a refund... Still waiting for support to reply on my ticket, not even mention the actual refund.

Same here, still no reply to my ticket requesting a refund.

My potassium premiometer has been sad lately..

Thanked by 2uptime johndoefornow
  • @dahartigan said:

@johndoefornow said:
    Its been two weeks now since I requested a refund... Still waiting for support to reply on my ticket, not even mention the actual refund.

Same here, still no reply to my ticket requesting a refund.

My potassium premiometer has been sad lately..

I got my refund after 2 weeks

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • refound is fortnightly opention?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @uptime said:
    refound is fortnightly opention?

:smile: not sure

Thanked by 1uptime
  • CtcCtc Member

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • pikepike Veteran

@Galeej said:

You got it today?

• @pike said:

@Galeej said:

You got it today?

2 days back

Thanked by 1pike
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

It seems that HostSolutions was confused and talked about 2 weeks when it's actually 2 months ...

• I'm curious how bad this provider will need to get before getting banned on LET. Probably need to go full Alpha Racks? What was the breaking point for Cloud at Cost? There's less and less differences each day (except CAC seems to be trying to turn into a better company). There's a lot of writing on the wall being ignored with this provider by users/customers on LET...

• If you need a quick money lend at no interest, just open an offer, promise it'll be delivered after a couple of weeks and then just refund people!

Thanked by 2uptime Falzo
    edited August 2019

@TimboJones said:
    I'm curious how bad this provider will need to get before getting banned on LET. Probably need to go full Alpha Racks? What was the breaking point for Cloud at Cost? There's less and less differences each day (except CAC seems to be trying to turn into a better company). There's a lot of writing on the wall being ignored with this provider by users/customers on LET...

Well, kicking HostSolutions out of LET would be a very hard step, too hard in my opinion. After all @cociu didn't force anyone to buy. The true story is simple: Everyone can know that HostSolutions is a lousy provide but they fall for the lure (specials) anyway. I don't see why cociu should be severely punished for the blind and undeserved trust of the people.

That said, I think that HostSolutions could actually be a decent provider - and even a good one in terms of bang for the buck - if @cociu wasn't so brutally and ignorantly focussed on selling, selling, selling and not giving a damn about quality and support. I mean, many LET providers buy and run pretty much the same 2nd hand servers and HostSolutions connectivity is actually not at all lousy (if and when it works).

The problem IMO is that people have to wait for weeks sometimes to just get a response from support and that @cociu's management style seems to be "management by 'will be done tomorrow'" (and forgetting tonight due to some sales ideas ...).
    Unfortunately that ignorance runs deep and has led to completely inacceptable issues like servers or VPSs not having (or not having access to) a remote console/KVM which means that many customers end up in front of a concrete wall. No response from support and no means to take care themselves.

But again: all that isn't new. People can know it (and many do) but they fall for the specials anyway.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2019

I was a cociu fan for a while my node was on the famous month long fsck ordeal. I patiently waited as a F'ing Lemming

I came to the conclusion after my shit was constantly down, control panel that wouldn't function or reinstall OS, no response to tickets, I was better off paying a couple extra buck's somewhere else and not having the frustration.

I think he means well and he has the salesman spirit which you need in business to drive sales.... to many excuses too many modules that are broke

Thanked by 2uptime ehab
  • Anyone remember this gem of an email announcement that went out about a year ago?

2) after 02.10.2018 we try to promise maximum 15 minutes in tiketing response ,irrespective of the contracted service, even if it is a low budget, this in the commercial time from 8.00 until 17.00 Monday to Friday, and at night and during the weekend will be a maximum of 3 hours.

Was on their homepage too. Was subsequently deleted.

• teamacc said: Was on their homepage too. Was subsequently deleted.

lulz ...

it's hard to change the tires on a bus in motion

especially while it's falling apart / wired to explode / piloted by a maniac

and full of screaming teenagers ...

but @cociu gonna come back stronger than ever

reeking of victory perfumes

and black friday mass effects

winning!

• honey badger don't give a fuck

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I am really sad, but I will quit my server with him. My network has not been usable for like a month now. No response to any ticket. I really loved his servers. Been with him for like 3+ years on the server. Never had any big problems. But right now the server is unusable. I will go for a VPS with him soon, sadly I have 100+ Euros left due to the bonus he sometimes gave out when adding funds to ones account.

I am really sorry cociu. I did not mean to leave you!

• @edfox said:
    If you need a quick money lend at no interest, just open an offer, promise it'll be delivered after a couple of weeks and then just refund people!

so much this!

tbh I am already waiting for the next verrry last offer to pop up, because it's been a month since the last right now and I expect the next $ kick to be needed...
    esp. because refund requests are probably increased much by now. though, selling another 1000x batch of nothing for 20-30$ might help over the next month...

• @SirFoxy said:
    honey badger don't give a fuck

totally groovy - I can dig it, man!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • LeeLee Veteran

jsg said: But again: all that isn't new. People can know it (and many do) but they fall for the specials anyway.

That isn't justification for continuing to allow a provider to create offers when it is clear they cannot support them.

Thanked by 2ITLabs TimboJones

@Falzo

I do not think that @cociu basically runs a criminal scheme. I do not think that he creates havoc cold blooded.
    I'm quite confident that he means well and just wants to grow his business - unfortunately I'm also quite confident that he is as weak a manager and technician as he is strong as a sales and growth pusher. I have seen people like that more than once. In the minute they promise to solve a problem they are sincere and mean it but a little bit later they forget it, usually due to bad management and chaos. The real big problem with those people is that they also don't keep promises to themselves. That's why they know that they run a mess and somehow vaguely want to clean it up ... but won't actually do it.

@Lee said:

jsg said: But again: all that isn't new. People can know it (and many do) but they fall for the specials anyway.

That isn't justification for continuing to allow a provider to create offers when it is clear they cannot support them.

Theoretically yes, but practically we would need to know how many of his customers are not unhappy. And I guess that's still a large majority.

I think that everybody would be best off if cociu could somehow be pushed to clean up his mess (like his support) and to run specials with smaller quantities that his company can actually handle. The second thing on which he should be pushed hard is to sell only what he actually has in stock and working properly.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • LeeLee Veteran

jsg said: I think that everybody would be best off if cociu could somehow be pushed to clean up his mess

Well, he is usually the loudest mouthpiece around here, maybe he has gone quiet because he is trying to fix his mess. Yeah, just kidding.