Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis - New Announcement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis - New Announcement

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2019 in General

We recently announced a new pricing structure in response to the recent cPanel pricing increase and after much feedback from our resellers, we have realized the change in the amount of default cPanel account creation limits were too prohibitive.

Therefore, in order to add value to our reseller plans and keep them cost effective for resellers, the default cPanel account limits are now:

Reseller Entry – 10 cPanel accounts
Reseller Starter – 30 cPanel accounts
Reseller Advanced – 50 cPanel accounts
Reseller Expert – 100 cPanel accounts

Additional cPanel account credits will still be available from our client area for purchase as well.

This change will be effective immediately for current and new clients.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!

Good to see that some feedback has been taken into consideration @HostMantis :)

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

HostMantis reminds of CPanel.

Both suck at PR.

• "After much feedback from our resellers"? There was an outrage...too little, too late

• emghemgh Member

@HostMantis you still suck.

• emghemgh Member

@buzzyLET said:
    "After much feedback from our resellers"? There was an outrage...too little, too late

In the thread the resellers where fine with it compared to the shared clients.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2019

Not gonna dive too much into this one, but it's kinda weird to see a U turn happen when discussion/outrage has happened and they've said they wanna go straight forward with their original change.

Soz 4 the analogy

• emghemgh Member

@Mic-hael said:
    Not gonna dive too much into this one, but it's kinda weird to see a U turn happen when discussion/outrage has happened and they've said they wanna go straight forward with their original change.

Soz 4 the analogy

They want you to believe that it's a U turn. It's nearly as shitty as before though.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I mean, let's face it.

Unless one's completely detached from reality, it's not hard to see the initial massive price increase would have very negative effects.
    What's worse is that the massive price increase was unjustified.

So, why do that in the first place?

Thanked by 3Ympker emgh taubin
  • emghemgh Member

deank said: So, why do that in the first place?

Honestly, probably bad management. I picture Hostmantis as a couple of guys in a Discord group discussing what to do next. In the tickets, their names are "Hostmantis Support". You're not even allowed to see who you're chatting with. Doesn't seem too serious. However, if the performance and price is right I don't really care. As long as I can trust the company that is.

• Nah, too late HM.
    Recurring price still 36,5. things aren't done like that.
    Already migrated from HM to own vps.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • donlidonli Member

Try not to get this thread locked too.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

• level6level6 Member

My shared account renewal will go from $13 a year to over 300% increase next year (80% recurring coupon to 25%). What will you do for shared accounts?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @level6 if they fulfill your current term at current rate, then they are just dicks for dropping the recurring and its best to find a new host. Also, LET should ban them for selling items under one set of terms and modifying them. If they are modifying charge under current contract- I'd tell them not to, and if they do- charge back and again they should be banned with no discussion if thats the case.

Thanked by 3emgh Yura Sofia_K
  • @level6 said:
    My shared account renewal will go from $13 a year to over 300% increase next year (80% recurring coupon to 25%). What will you do for shared accounts?

Please submit a ticket to our Sales department and we will do our best to help you out.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@HostMantis people obviously don't want you to raise prices on their actual contracts. I can understand that.

simply honor the contracts for their actual term and cancel them to the end of it then - contracts and cancellations are a two-way street.

or even offer to cancel at any time soon and refund, which would at least avoid that you have to tank cpanel pricing for the next two years or whatever these contracts are going to run.

• @Falzo said:
    @HostMantis people obviously don't want you to raise prices on their actual contracts. I can understand that.

simply honor the contracts for their actual term and cancel them to the end of it then - contracts and cancellations are a two-way street.

or even offer to cancel at any time soon and refund, which would at least avoid that you have to tank cpanel pricing for the next two years or whatever these contracts are going to run.

Thanks for your suggestion. If we felt we could cost effectively honor the original renewal pricing, this thread wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The cPanel price change affects not only reseller accounts. It also affects normal shared hosting for us as well, since providers can no longer (responsibly) add the amount of cPanel accounts they need to remain profitable as they used to. With our previously extremely low margins, that was something we needed in order to continue providing service at those low prices to clients using all of our services.

We admit that is our own fault, because we should have left room for such occurrences, but no one saw this cPanel increase coming and it's nearly impossible to leave room when your margins are already incredibly low (again our fault).

We are accepting the responsibility for our decision and taking the heat and will continue moving forward and also continue providing an excellent service to our clients.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I'm waiting for someone to flip their lid again.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

HostMantis said: The cPanel price change affects not only reseller accounts.** It also affects normal shared hosting for us as well, since providers can no longer (responsibly) add the amount of cPanel accounts they need to remain profitable as they used to.** With our previously extremely low margins, that was something we needed in order to continue providing service at those low prices to clients using all of our services.

Do I understand you correctly that there are now less shared accounts per server then before? That this reduction in density has required you to add more physical servers, raising your cost to provide the service well beyond the CPanel price increase that we are calculating?

Did I miss something in the new CPanel pricing schedule that limits the total number of CPanel accounts per server? Why was there a need to put less shared accounts on each server? Genuinely curious.

NOTE: Although I am a customer of Host Mantis, none of this is an problem for me, and has cost me no money at all. Please do not take any of my comments as overly harsh.

• emghemgh Member

@FAT32 Ban Hostmantis for falsly setting recurring prices and capitalising on those can't migrate.

Wasn't it in the rules that the provider must sell something else then shared?

Thanked by 1buzzyLET
  • @emgh said:
    @FAT32 Ban Hostmantis for falsly setting recurring prices and capitalising on those can't migrate.

If you're a client, have you even tried reaching out to us to see if we can help you?

• TinFoil2019TinFoil2019 Member
    edited July 2019

@HostMantis Whether they reach out to you or not doesn't affect the fact that 1. you do not sell vps and 2. you unilaterally changed terms of a contract -ie what you advertised you changed mid term and/or eliminated the recurring clause. No matter what your reasons it comes down to the fact that you did not secure proper arrangements with your vendors and just decided oh we will change things and then deal individually with those that complain. LET rules say you should be banned. Just like johny just like the guys whose storage arrays were unsustainable just like the guy who mispriced his vps and was finished in 2 weeks.

Thanked by 2emgh Spotlight
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@emgh said: Wasn't it in the rules that the provider must sell something else then shared?

As far as I can tell, that condition is no longer in the rules.

Thanked by 2emgh Ympker
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2019

angstrom said: As far as I can tell, that condition is no longer in the rules.

You must offer more than just shared hosting (i.e. VPSes or Dedicated servers) to get a provider tag.

It is, but I think some people were grandfathered. Or am I going to lose my tag for a few months now? :P

Thanked by 2emgh angstrom
  • emghemgh Member

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

If you're a client, have you even tried reaching out to us to see if we can help you?

Yeah. You lowered the discount from 80 to 25 and when complained from 80 to 50. Still shitty.

• emghemgh Member

@Mic-hael said:

You must offer more than just shared hosting (i.e. VPSes or Dedicated servers) to get a provider tag.

It is, but I think some people were grandfathered. Or am I going to lose my tag for a few months now? :P

You have been are are going to right? That's different from not having at all.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • emghemgh Member

I'll go ahead and report Hostmantis.

Thanked by 2buzzyLET Spotlight
  • @emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

Yeah. You lowered the discount from 80 to 25 and when complained from 80 to 50. Still shitty.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Mic-hael said:

I would find it petty to now go after providers with a provider tag who offer only shared hosting. They were granted a provider tag. Perhaps the rule wasn't followed to the letter or an exception was made, but what's done is done.

• @emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

So we have in fact tried to help you and to you that was not good enough. Clearly there is nothing we can do at this point that is going to make you happy except give you the old discount, which unfortunately we cannot do.

• YuraYura Member
    edited July 2019

@HostMantis why did you raise prices much more than what was necessary? This was admitted by your new announcement. Why did you raise so much? Did you think your customers can be skinned easily?

Thanked by 2emgh Ympker