Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@jsg said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    UPDATE

Dedispec just suspended my server before even leaving the server turned on, they literally "delivered" me a defective server without the promised 10gb link and removed it without working as expected.
    Dedispec is good at stealing people and not delivering the server in its perfect state, it took time to deliver the server and to close it was almost instantaneous.

I'm not at all surprised. YOU YOURSELF opened a cheap exit for them by describing what you did here, and frankly, in a not exactly smart way (that invited "He's a criminal! Burn the witch!").

Obviously you can drag them to court but you being brazlian (it seems) your chances if winning against an american (it seems) company in an american court, no matter how dubious and even criminal, aren't good, plus it would through more money at the lost money.

My personal advice would be to let it go and to (a) try to get at least some partial refund, (b) let the world know (in a smarter way) that dedispec is basically a scamming reseller operation, and (c) to learn something, like e.g. to have a better and deeper look at providers from now on. Even simply asking here before buying would most likely have provided for example the info that dedispec is just a reseller.

It's no compensation, I know, but I'd like to thank you for publicly showing that dedispec is basically a cheap scamming operation or at the very least excessively ignorant and incapable.

Thanks for the answer, I'll leave the topic open for everyone to know the reality of Dedispec.com
    Anyway the "" DoS "" in which I consider a benchmark has not affected anything in its infrastructure and serves as PROOF that the company has no protection whatsoever. Without counting the problem on delivery, offline server and thousands of other problems ....

Dearest, you are pretty dumb. In Discord you admitted sending the network attacks using a server provider who allows illegal activity. Dedispec protection may suck and not be what they advertise, but you suck even more for sending denial of service attacks from a network you do not own to other network you do not own.

• What location was the server I’ve seen a lot of good reviews from them. But.... what you posted here about attacking the server will get you terminated with no refund..... that wasn’t wise my friend.

• @MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@jsg said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    UPDATE

Dedispec just suspended my server before even leaving the server turned on, they literally "delivered" me a defective server without the promised 10gb link and removed it without working as expected.
    Dedispec is good at stealing people and not delivering the server in its perfect state, it took time to deliver the server and to close it was almost instantaneous.

I'm not at all surprised. YOU YOURSELF opened a cheap exit for them by describing what you did here, and frankly, in a not exactly smart way (that invited "He's a criminal! Burn the witch!").

Obviously you can drag them to court but you being brazlian (it seems) your chances if winning against an american (it seems) company in an american court, no matter how dubious and even criminal, aren't good, plus it would through more money at the lost money.

My personal advice would be to let it go and to (a) try to get at least some partial refund, (b) let the world know (in a smarter way) that dedispec is basically a scamming reseller operation, and (c) to learn something, like e.g. to have a better and deeper look at providers from now on. Even simply asking here before buying would most likely have provided for example the info that dedispec is just a reseller.

It's no compensation, I know, but I'd like to thank you for publicly showing that dedispec is basically a cheap scamming operation or at the very least excessively ignorant and incapable.

Thanks for the answer, I'll leave the topic open for everyone to know the reality of Dedispec.com
    Anyway the "" DoS "" in which I consider a benchmark has not affected anything in its infrastructure and serves as PROOF that the company has no protection whatsoever. Without counting the problem on delivery, offline server and thousands of other problems ....

Dearest, you are pretty dumb. In Discord you admitted sending the network attacks using a server provider who allows illegal activity. Dedispec protection may suck and not be what they advertise, but you suck even more for sending denial of service attacks from a network you do not own to other network you do not own.

First I demand respect, I do not even know you and you've called me an ass. First of all you should read the whole topic and understand that the server has already been delivered to me with defect and lied about the link, they did not have 10gbps and yes only 1gbps. DoS may be anti-ethical, but even so has it proved once again that dedispec is a liar and fools customers, or do you think only 1.6gbs of traffic is a lot? Accusing someone of a crime is a very serious thing, I'm sorry for your attitude of judging someone unfamiliar, I did not expect a representative of a Minecraft hosting (the same branch as mine) to be my enemy

@Tyler91 said:
    What location was the server I’ve seen a lot of good reviews from them. But.... what you posted here about attacking the server will get you terminated with no refund..... that wasn’t wise my friend.

Search deeper on the internet, they do not give refund in any way, but the server would serve absolutely nothing to me, since the network, hardware, services in general of them is terrible.

edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    First I demand respect, I do not even know you and you've called me an ass.
    I'm sorry for your attitude of judging someone unfamiliar, I did not expect a representative of a Minecraft hosting (the same branch as mine) to be my enemy

LOL. "I demand respect" for sending a DoS attack to a rented server on a network you don't own. Right buddyo.

The difference between me and you is I earn any respect I have and you demand it after making a thread admitting you attack other networks you don't own. Guess that's one reason I've been in business for years and you've been in business for a month.

• @MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    First I demand respect, I do not even know you and you've called me an ass.
    I'm sorry for your attitude of judging someone unfamiliar, I did not expect a representative of a Minecraft hosting (the same branch as mine) to be my enemy

LOL. "I demand respect" for sending a DoS attack to a rented server on a network you don't own. Right buddyo.

The difference between me and you is I earn any respect I have and you demand it after making a thread admitting you attack other networks you don't own. Guess that's one reason I've been in business for years and you've been in business for a month.

You do not know me, you do not know who I am, so please do not make any clarifications about me, thank you.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • The problem that they are talking about is that, YOU ONLY RENTED THE SERVER, not OWNING THE FULL NETWORK / UPSTREAM PROVIDERS.

In example, you rented an apartment in a building and invited ten of thousands of guest into your rented apartment. They are using all the shared staircase/lift on the exact building, this will cause trouble to the other resident on the same apartment, it was deemed unethical UNLESS, you got permission from the building owner to do so and they say YES, OUR BUILDING CAN HANDLE IT AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO INVITE YOU MILLIONS OF GUEST. But now, the apartment owner said that their building can handle thousands of guest doesnt mean the hallway to your apartment can handle it.

Summary of the whole thread

• False advertisement from provider side
    • Wrong doings from the client side, he sohuld have request permission before he do any of the "tests" that might or might not harm other "residents", ddos attacks is a very serious thing, people go to jail for this.
  • @leang97 said:
    The problem that they are talking about is that, YOU ONLY RENTED THE SERVER, not OWNING THE FULL NETWORK / UPSTREAM PROVIDERS.

In example, you rented an apartment in a building and invited ten of thousands of guest into your rented apartment. They are using all the shared staircase/lift on the exact building, this will cause trouble to the other resident on the same apartment, it was deemed unethical UNLESS, you got permission from the building owner to do so and they say YES, OUR BUILDING CAN HANDLE IT AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO INVITE YOU MILLIONS OF GUEST. But now, the apartment owner said that their building can handle thousands of guest doesnt mean the hallway to your apartment can handle it.

Summary of the whole thread

• False advertisement from provider side
    • Wrong doings from the client side, he sohuld have request permission before he do any of the "tests" that might or might not harm other "residents", ddos attacks is a very serious thing, people go to jail for this.

Anyway the Dedispec server would not work for me, even if they fixed the problem, I myself discovered that they lie. On the TOS of them they would not give refund on any circumstance. The test has not affected anyone, not even made the IP go to nullroute Remember: There is always a middle ground, will tell me that you never downloaded that pirate movie torrent or that mp3 music downloaded illegally on your cell phone ;)

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    There is always a middle ground, will tell me that you never downloaded that pirate movie torrent or that mp3 music downloaded illegally on your cell phone ;)

Nah sending a denial of service or other network attacks across networks you don't own is pretty vastly different than downloading a tv show or movie.

• @MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    There is always a middle ground, will tell me that you never downloaded that pirate movie torrent or that mp3 music downloaded illegally on your cell phone ;)

Nah sending a denial of service or other network attacks across networks you don't own is pretty vastly different than downloading a tv show or movie.

Look, it looks like we have somebody in favor of piracy here... (this is literally an indirect)

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

Look, it looks like we have somebody in favor of piracy here... (this is literally an indirect)

You know that image of the facepalm guy with his palm going through his head? That is me.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

LOL. Why is this guy not banned?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

So let me get this straight:

1) You had problems with getting your server delivered on time
    2) You eventually received it
    3) You “tested” the bandwidth with a “legitimate” tool that you don’t want to classify as black hat

There is always a middle ground, will tell me that you never downloaded that pirate movie torrent or that mp3 music downloaded illegally on your cell phone

.... annnnnd damage control.

• @doghouch said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

3) You “tested” the bandwidth with a “legitimate” tool that you don’t want to classify as black hat

There is always a middle ground, will tell me that you never downloaded that pirate movie torrent or that mp3 music downloaded illegally on your cell phone

I tested the server offline, which I have explained several times about the problems (you should have read). The test was performed on the gateway IP.

edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    I tested the server offline, which I have explained several times about the problems (you should have read). The test was performed on the gateway IP.

That's even worse. Stop acting like you are innocent and you own the whole network in the world.

• @Vitor_Hugo said:

@doghouch said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@MikeA said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

Well, testing on gateway ip is much much worse....

• @FAT32 said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

That's even worse. Stop acting like you are innocent and you own the whole network in the world.

As I would do something significant if the server they gave me was offline 99% of the time, when I ran the test the server was already offline for more than 4 hours...

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@MikeA said:
    You know that image of the facepalm guy with his palm going through his head? That is me.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

Lol, so you didn't actually DoS'd your server but the router which not only your server but also other's servers are connected?

• @sanvit said:
    Lol, so you didn't actually DoS'd your server but the router which not only your server but also other's servers are connected?

I must have expressed myself wrong because I am not fluent in English. It's the extra ipv4 they give.

• Sir, you need to understand Gateway IP exists for a reason, the "GATEWAY" means that is the main route for the other IPs exists in the subnet to connect to the internet. So basically, you just take down a subnet.....

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

I must have expressed myself wrong because I am not fluent in English. It's the extra ipv4 they give.

If your server was offline, how can you send traffic to the additional IP and not the original IP? Did that gateway IP by any chance was in the format of XXX.YYY.ZZZ.1?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

Déjà vu... is it the same RAID10 guy from yesterday?

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@ITLabs said:
    Déjà vu... is it the same RAID10 guy from yesterday?

LET became way better than YouTube and Netflix combined. I'd say change has come :)

• @sanvit said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

If your server was offline, how can you send traffic to the additional IP and not the original IP? Did that gateway IP by any chance was in the format of XXX.YYY.ZZZ.1?

Original IP = offline Gateway = online 4 ipv4 extras, I tested on an extra IP from my server.

• @Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

Original IP = offline Gateway = online 4 ipv4 extras, I tested on an extra IP from my server.

I am getting confused. How is your additional ipv4 can respond to icmp requests when the server is offline?

• Vitor_HugoVitor_Hugo Member
    edited July 2019

@leang97 said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@sanvit said:

I am getting confused. How is your additional ipv4 can respond to icmp requests when the server is offline?

That's the problem.

• HxxxHxxx Member

This thread made me sick.

Fuck off.

• @FAT32 said:
    Fuck off.

He needs more love.

Thanked by 1uptime
This discussion has been closed.