Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

Well @victor_hugo I wouldn't hold my breathe to getting a refund really. @Dedispec don't refund this clown either. Fight his charge back tooth and nail. The way it seems you might be the cause of why your server is down or was. You know DDoS'ing it.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2019

@deank said:
    Perhaps, but it's better to stop him before he does something more serious.

I'm the first one to agree that real evil doers should be stopped cold and hard. But he simply seems not be an evil doer but at worst a "creative and exotic" user.

The way I see it, there are two problems - and one shouldn't (ab)use one of these to silence him on the other.

The MAIN problem - and the cause for him desperately testing - is that (yet another) reseller seems to lack the control (or interest?) to actually provide in a timely and adequate fashion what he already has been payed for.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2019

@jsg said:
    @hzr, @jackb, etc

Aren't you overplaying this somewhat? From what I understand @Vitor_Hugo uses one of his (rented, whatever) servers to test another server he rented and payed. So, if I'm not gravely mistaken, he does not violate any law but merely uses his payed resources to transfer packets, albeit in this case not exactly friendly ones (So what, it's his payed resources he's wasting).

The real sh_tpile in this case seems to be (a) a classical reselling related problem, and (b) dedispec not delivering what they sold and got payed for.

His fucking with the entire network of WSI/Dedispec. I pity his rack neighbours under the same router.

This fuck deserves to be get into every banlist possible for attacking his own provider. Theres never an excuse for dos/ddos. And hes probly lying too, its likely some booter website rather than another server.

Any such attack causes trouble outside its intended target. People like you that dont care have never been targeted by attacks.

We had to fight DDoS against our servers since early 2013, so while my opinion might be biased, I hate these degenerates that try to justify their attacks.

@Dedispec kick this Vitor kid out of ur network and don't refund him a cent.

• I must agree. Seems more of a dedispec delivery issue than a ddos issue here.

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Well @victor_hugo I wouldn't hold my breathe to getting a refund really. @Dedispec don't refund this clown either. Fight his charge back tooth and nail. The way it seems you might be the cause of why your server is down or was. You know DDoS'ing it.

(a) that's a rather liberal interpretation of DOSsing
    (b) even if true it would not be a DDOS (but a DOS)

Hell, let's be a bit reasonable! The man purchased and payed a "dedi" and it seems to be a total failure. So he tests it, maybe a bit crude and not exactly cleanly but still just testing a payed for dedi.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't matter at this point because OP doesn't care. I doubt he has the moral compass to see what he is doing.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@jsg said:
    @hzr, @jackb, etc

Aren't you overplaying this somewhat? From what I understand @Vitor_Hugo uses one of his (rented, whatever) servers to test another server he rented and payed. So, if I'm not gravely mistaken, he does not violate any law but merely uses his payed resources to transfer packets, albeit in this case not exactly friendly ones (So what, it's his payed resources he's wasting).

The real sh_tpile in this case seems to be (a) a classical reselling related problem, and (b) dedispec not delivering what they sold and got payed for.

Launching network attacks (especially >Gbit like he did) requires authorisation of the target network, source network and intermediaries to be legal. I.e. don't do it and do any such testing locally.

Back in university I did my undergrad dissertation on network attacks and mitigations in public cloud environments and I would have been hung drawn and quartered by the ethics board if I did what he did.

He doesn't see anything wrong with what he did, he needs to see that it is indeed wrong.

In my opinion, the OP's gripe with his provider is a secondary issue.

edited July 2019

@stefeman said:

@jsg said:
    @hzr, @jackb, etc

His fucking with the entire network of WSI/Dedispec. I pity his rack neighbours under the same router.

This fuck deserves to be get into every banlist possible for attacking his own provider. Theres never an excuse for dos/ddos. And hes probly lying too, its likely some booter website rather than another server.

Getting ruder and ruder doesn't mean being right.

Again: If he really DOSed the provider, throw him into a jail cell. I'm certainly not supporting hacking.

But: Your allegations are based on what exactly? On him saying that their DDOS protection isn't working - and a ping screenshot?

We should remind ourselves what a DOS attack is -> strangers attacking resources they do not own and with malicious intent.

Also: Any suggestions how to properly verify providers DDOS related statements?

TL;DR Come on guys! Maybe @Vitor_Hugo acted a bit stupidly but he did not hack or DOS attack his provider. Plus: HE was f_cked by his provider which is why he did what he did in the first place!

• in conclusion: the beginning is night

• HurleyHurley Member

Dedispec got lucky by being blessed with a way to avoid having you on their network.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@jsg said:

My word, you are arguing for argument sake.

• @jsg said:

@stefeman said:

@jsg said:
    @hzr, @jackb, etc

Again: If he really DOSed the provider, throw him into a jail cell. I'm certainly not supporting hacking.

But: Your allegations are based on what exactly? On him saying that their DDOS protection isn't working - and a ping screenshot?

We should remind ourselves what a DOS attack is -> strangers attacking resources they do not own and with malicious intent.

Also: Any suggestions how to properly verify providers DDOS related statements?

TL;DR Come on guys! Maybe @Vitor_Hugo acted a bit stupidly but he did not hack or DOS attack his provider. Plus: HE was f_cked by his provider which is why he did what he did in the first place!

He ddosed his provider the moment he attacked his own server, or are you really stupid enough to think it wont affect nearby servers or the network overall when he swipes his own server down via external attacks like shown in the ping proof he himself posted.

edited July 2019

@deank said:

@jsg said:

My word, you are arguing for argument sake.

No, I'm arguing because I saw that this event turned from - at least also and mainly - discussing OP being badly f_cked by what seems to be a scamming or at least acutely inept provider into accusing OP of serious criminal action.

@stefeman said:
    He ddosed his provider the moment he attacked his own server, or are you really stupid enough to think it wont affect nearby servers or the network overall when he swipes his own server down via external attacks like shown in the ping proof he himself posted.

Well, I'm at least not stupid enough to join a mindless stampede.

Let's take up those "DDOS" allegation again once you have any evidence. Until then I suggest to focus on discussing a LET user getting badly scammed by dedispec.

Thanked by 1switsys
    edited July 2019

@jsg said:
    Let's take up those "DDOS" allegation again once you have any evidence. Until then I suggest to focus on discussing a LET user getting badly scammed by dedispec.

Hmm.

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    I really do not want to stay with them, I want to get out as fast as possible and get my money back, I need to also mention that their DDoS protection is a lie, with a layer 4 power higher than the server link is already able to knock- (its only "" protection "" is its bandwidth)

Test power:

Proof server down:

On some topics on other forums, they claim to have 5gbps of protection in (where my server is)
    I literally can not use this server for what I want, which is to host minecraft, as I am easy target of DoS and DDoS attacks.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@jsg Well thanks for correcting me! I see it as abuse either way. Really if he would of just quit typing on the keyboard, I bet he could of got a refund! Well that chance is near zero now. Sorry I just don't have sympathy for childlike antics like he admitted to doing.

edited July 2019

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @jsg Well thanks for correcting me! I see it as abuse either way. Really if he would of just quit typing on the keyboard, I bet he could of got a refund! Well that chance is near zero now. Sorry I just don't have sympathy for childlike antics like he admitted to doing.

Agreed, his reaction was by no means professional and proper. But still, it came to that only because dedispec scammed him and left him with a payed but not working server ...

@jackb said:

@jsg said:

Hmm.

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    I really do not want to stay with them, I want to get out as fast as possible and get my money back, I need to also mention that their DDoS protection is a lie, with a layer 4 power higher than the server link is already able to knock- (its only "" protection "" is its bandwidth)

[Images showing pinging and some traffic graph]

You should have looked a bit closer!

That graph show 1.6 Gb/s traffic ... but he purchased a dedi with (at least nominally) TEN Gib/s. So, all that graph proves is that OP was well within his bandwith.

If you want so hard to accuse OP just read what you quoted again. He himself says that he is informed about dedispec's Anti-DDOS protection being limited to 5 Gb/s ... yet he purchased a 10 Gb/s dedi from them. One can of course do that but then one shouldn't complain about their Anti-DDOS being poor.

In other words: OP can be accused of some things like not acting smartly and maybe even stupidly, of making noise in non-constructive ways, and more. But he should not be accused of DDOSing his provider; the facts seem to simply not support that.

So I suggest once more to return to the original discussion about dedispec seeming to scam a customer ...

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • U're wrong, the provider too and today is thursday.

• HurleyHurley Member

jsg said: So I suggest once more to return to the original discussion about dedispec seeming to scam a customer ...

You're wrong. Anyone using a service like OP did should be banned without question. Using boosters like that are considered crime, no matter who's the target.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Vitor_HugoVitor_Hugo Member
    edited July 2019

@jsg said:
    @hzr, @jackb, etc

Finally someone who managed to understand me, thanks for the response.

The main problem is, and the server is still offline before all this.
    I had in mind using the server to host minecraft, simply this, I am no criminal, much less hacker.

The server crashed in less than 12 hours after its delivery, returned for another 3-4 hours and dropped again (not back to the present time)

The financial support said they do not give refund due to your TOS, but what about my server? Going still offline ??? (this is absurd)

Since I can not use my server, which is mine by right (I paid for it), I started to test all the features that the company offers.

I tested the ping
    I tested the disk (in the intervals of time that the server fell and came back)
    I tested the bandwidth (as I mentioned earlier, they did not give me the promised that it was 10gb, they gave me a bad link of 1gb).
    I tested the DDoS protection in which it proved to be totally untrue, and they have no protection against DoS and / or DDoS.

Before I was judged to know that it was only a SECONDS test, and the server crashed easily, even if it was unethical or harmful to the datacenter I showed everyone that Dedispec it's a liar and obviously does not have DDoS / DOS protection.

This could simply be avoided if Dedispec delivered my server with all that is offered, so simple ...

• HurleyHurley Member

Vitor_Hugo said: The financial support said they do not give refund due to your TOS, but what about my server? Going still offline ??? (this is absurd)

You lost any chance for a refund after DoS.

• Vitor_HugoVitor_Hugo Member
    edited July 2019

@Hurley said:

Vitor_Hugo said: The financial support said they do not give refund due to your TOS, but what about my server? Going still offline ??? (this is absurd)

I used all my server link, this can not be considered a DoS. Because I have the right to use all the band I hired.
    This could easily be avoided with a basic firewall. I'm a computer science technician, I know very well what I'm doing.

edited July 2019

@jsg said:

That graph show 1.6 Gb/s traffic ... but he purchased a dedi with (at least nominally) TEN Gib/s. So, all that graph proves is that OP was well within his bandwith.

If you want so hard to accuse OP just read what you quoted again. He himself says that he is informed about dedispec's Anti-DDOS protection being limited to 5 Gb/s ... yet he purchased a 10 Gb/s dedi from them. One can of course do that but then one shouldn't complain about their Anti-DDOS being poor.

In other words: OP can be accused of some things like not acting smartly and maybe even stupidly, of making noise in non-constructive ways, and more. But he should not be accused of DDOSing his provider; the facts seem to simply not support that.

So I suggest once more to return to the original discussion about dedispec seeming to scam a customer ...

You're smarter than this @bsdguy. Honestly - I truly believe you are incredibly intelligent and I'm surprised to see you make that argument.

It is blatantly obvious that the OP attacked their own server. It wasn't aria2c or iperf, it was the age old "dstat graph" that all the booter operators love to show. He also called it "testing the DDoS protection" and showed a screenshot (alongside the picture of the attack) with ping timing out. Oh and he pretty much outed himself as having used dos.pl.

There is no scenario where someone could claim the OP did not attack their own server. Sure you can downplay it by saying it wasn't a huge attack and was aimed at his own dedi, but it was still an attack that he did not have the appropriate permission to run and there is no getting away from that.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @jackb said:

@jsg said:

You're smarter than this @bsdguy. Honestly - I truly believe you are incredibly intelligent and I'm surprised to see you make that argument.

It is blatantly obvious that the OP attacked their own server. It wasn't aria2c or iperf, it was the age old "dstat graph" that all the booter operators love to show. He also called it "testing the DDoS protection" and showed a screenshot (alongside the picture of the attack) with ping timing out.

There is no scenario where someone could claim the OP did not attack their own server. Sure you can downplay it by saying it wasn't a huge attack and was aimed at his own dedi, but it was still an attack that he did not have the appropriate permission to run and there is no getting away from that.

So you would buy from a datacenter that OFFERS protection, even though it does not have any protection?
    Even though it is unethical, it is stamped that Dedispec is a liar.

edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    So you would buy from a datacenter that OFFERS protection, even though it does not have any protection?

This is what sales questions and after sales review of stats is for. You do not test DDoS protection yourself over the internet.

At least you've admitted what you did was unethical now. I guess that's progress.

• @jackb said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

This is what sales questions and after sales review of stats is for. You do not test DDoS protection yourself over the internet.

At least you've admitted what you did was unethical now. I guess that's progress.

Anyway this does not have anything to do with the problems that were previously encountered with Dedispec, the server is still inoperative.

"Burn the witch!, Burn the witch!" ...

Some here seem to fail understanding the "he got badly scammed" part that was the very reason why he did (granted, not exactly smart or proper) his testing.

@Hurley said:

Which part of "there was no DOS attack by OP unless you show evidence" do you fail to understand?

And no, sending 1.6 Gb/s to a 10 Gb/s spec'ed dedi does not provide reasonable grounds for "he DOS attacked!!!! Burn the witch!".

@jackb said:
    It is blatantly obvious that the OP attacked their own server. It wasn't aria2c or iperf, it was the age old "dstat graph"

No, it was something looking very similar (until proven otherwise).

that all the booter operators love to show.

That is more a statement about yourself (experienced, seen a lot of shady stuff, etc) than about the alleged attack by OP.

He also called it "testing the DDoS protection" and showed a screenshot ...

"he called it"? You mean just like "dedispec called it their properly working 10 Gb/s dedi"?

Allow me to remind you of the definition of a [D]DOS attack (see above).

And please, honestly, do not take this as attacking you! I'm not, seriously. What my response to you is about treating people properly.
    I wouldn't expect that from some mindless idiot just going with the stampede, but from someone like yourself I expect some discursive decency and logic. Example: All that graph really proves is that there was 1.6 Gb/s traffic, maybe created by a DOS, maybe created by sending porn movies, maybe by an error in a script, maybe ...

Before we accuse someone of a quite serious crime we should properly look at the facts and thourroughly check the evidence. "He himself said [DOS testing" is proving nothing other than him thinking that's what he did.

And again, the main reason that drove me to this discussion is the fact the HE GOT F_CKED by dedispec. He is a victim and not a criminal. And even if, just assumed, he acted in a bad way, that would have been just the result of him getting f_cked! Hell, people do stupid things when they get run over and f_cked.

Thanked by 2Vitor_Hugo dedicados
  • UPDATE

Dedispec just suspended my server before even leaving the server turned on, they literally "delivered" me a defective server without the promised 10gb link and removed it without working as expected.
    Dedispec is good at stealing people and not delivering the server in its perfect state, it took time to deliver the server and to close it was almost instantaneous.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Personally I would like to hear Dedispec's @Dedispec side of the story before calling them scammers and "worst hosting in the world". My 2 cents.

edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    UPDATE

Dedispec just suspended my server before even leaving the server turned on, they literally "delivered" me a defective server without the promised 10gb link and removed it without working as expected.
    Dedispec is good at stealing people and not delivering the server in its perfect state, it took time to deliver the server and to close it was almost instantaneous.

I'm not at all surprised. YOU YOURSELF opened a cheap exit for them by describing what you did here, and frankly, in a not exactly smart way (that invited "He's a criminal! Burn the witch!").

Obviously you can drag them to court but you being brazlian (it seems) your chances if winning against an american (it seems) company in an american court, no matter how dubious and even criminal, aren't good, plus it would throw more money at the lost money.

My personal advice would be to let it go and to (a) try to get at least some partial refund, (b) let the world know (in a smarter way) that dedispec is basically a scamming reseller operation, and (c) to learn something, like e.g. to have a better and deeper look at providers from now on. Even simply asking here before buying would most likely have provided for example the info that dedispec is just a reseller.

It's no compensation, I know, but I'd like to thank you for publicly showing that dedispec is basically a cheap scamming operation or at the very least excessively ignorant and incapable.

Thanked by 2xaoc dedicados
  • @jsg said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    UPDATE

I'm not at all surprised. YOU YOURSELF opened a cheap exit for them by describing what you did here, and frankly, in a not exactly smart way (that invited "He's a criminal! Burn the witch!").

Obviously you can drag them to court but you being brazlian (it seems) your chances if winning against an american (it seems) company in an american court, no matter how dubious and even criminal, aren't good, plus it would through more money at the lost money.

My personal advice would be to let it go and to (a) try to get at least some partial refund, (b) let the world know (in a smarter way) that dedispec is basically a scamming reseller operation, and (c) to learn something, like e.g. to have a better and deeper look at providers from now on. Even simply asking here before buying would most likely have provided for example the info that dedispec is just a reseller.

It's no compensation, I know, but I'd like to thank you for publicly showing that dedispec is basically a cheap scamming operation or at the very least excessively ignorant and incapable.

Thanks for the answer, I'll leave the topic open for everyone to know the reality of Dedispec.com
    Anyway the "" DoS "" in which I consider a benchmark has not affected anything in its infrastructure and serves as PROOF that the company has no protection whatsoever. Without counting the problem on delivery, offline server and thousands of other problems ....

This discussion has been closed.