Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use swiftway experience. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Use swiftway experience.

2»

Comments

• INIZ said:
    They guaranteed delivery on 1st october which should have been a completely stable service.

Agree. You shouldn't use paying customers as Alpha or Beta testers.

I know that Swiftway has criticized OVH many times on WHT, but maybe Swiftway could learn a thing or two from OVH. When OVH launched their VPS 2013 line in April it was unstable to say the least. OVH gave everyone a free month of service as compensation for the instability. Swiftway should think about doing the same thing. [disclosure: I've never been a Swiftway customer]

Dear Customer,

The major stabilisation and optimisation works on the VPS 2013 infrastructure have now been completed.

Details of works carried out

On Monday April 29th 2013, following several weeks of attacks, instability of a piece of network equipment that was eventually identified, and a bug related to the use of physical hosts, we made the decision to suspend the VPS 2013 order facility while the VPS infrastructure was permanently repaired.

We hoped that the huge growth in infrastructure due to high demand would no longer disrupt initial customers.

The network and systems team were thus mobilised for several weeks in order to rewrite the VPS management robots as well as the API methods.

At the same time, we redesigned each infrastructure in order to develop a new model which allows the best distribution of resources and load (present and future). This stage is now complete.

In order to ensure consistent service quality, we have now set up an advanced monitoring system for all your tasks and actions, which sends an alert to our on-call teams.

At the same time, we have deployed robots to enable automatic repair of your operations in error.
    In the event of these robots being unable to auto-repair these operations, our reinforced on-call teams would then take over.
    All VPS 2013 operations are meticulously monitored and are dealt with on a human level if required.

Compensation for the disruption

As Octave Klaba has announced, customers that endured disruptions over the period indicated above will be compensated in the coming days in the form of a credit, which by no means prevents you from renewing your service. We recommend that you renew any VPS that you wish to retain before the suspension robots are reactivated, on the expected date of June 24th 2013.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@qingxi said:
    Unfortunately, they clearly said can't get a refund.

OK, that's bad.

Thanked by 1qingxi
  • is anyone being charged hourly now even while their $5 payment has not yet been consumed? ex: i was able to create the instance on oct 18 which was $5 (good for 1 month) so it should not be billed until nov 18 but their system appears to be billing me hourly starting nov 1 in additional to the $5 already paid for. (no credit was given as i was told i did not send feedback)

and yes they did not state in their original offer that they will be using people as beta testers while charging them at least $5 to be one. ill say it again a client saved is a client earned. no client will complaint if everything is running smoothly and they ensure everything is rather than surprising us with disappointments.

if their transparency is solid and detailed from the start ill bet they will get few people from shelling out money.

• I sent a ticket for the same issue and waiting for an answer. Amount is small, but the double-charge seems not right.

• According to them, the double-charge is covered by the bonus credit.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited November 2013

@Maounique said:
    So they should ask for a refund. Swiftway said they wont deliver what was promised so will probably not deny a refund. I am sure they didnt plan it this way, but since they cant or are unwilling to provide the service, will probably refund you.

Unfortunately, they did deny a refund.(unbelievable? huh?) Otherwise, this angry Chinese wouldn't complain here and his website.

What happened to the author of this thread is written here: http://www.cnqingxi.com/swiftway-strongly-not-recommended-to-use-very-irresponsible/

I know it's in Chinese. Generally, what he says:

1 He paid and join the beta in August.

2 He got 500G beta product in Oct.

3 His VPS was lost during Swiftway's Chicago Hypervisor failed. He lost everything which seemed fine because he knew it was in beta.

4 However, somthing that is not fine is: they refused to reopen the same plan for him after swiftway's Hypervisor failure.

5 They refuse to provide any refund.

It just doesn't sound right, does it.

As they said they delayed the removal of the promo 7 days later, and sent an email to inform people, but not only this guy didn't receive the email, also others I know didn't receive the email.

No matter if these customers joined the beta test just trying to get cheaper deals, they paid for what swiftway promised but not for nothing after a Hypervisor fail. Swiftway didn't tell these people if the Hypervisor failed, they would have to reopen one within a certain time which was decided by them otherwise you would get nothing.

They are not sorry about this and they refused to refund. Thats all.

• Review the topic, my personal feeling is that swiftway is very arrogant to customers, perhaps because they think their target is high-end customers and high-end products.

Thanked by 2Maounique kyaky
  • @kyaky The user there must be lying. Here the event from our side:

One Chicago node failed, we created in panel message about the failure. We also updated the message once the issue was resolved. Instances were lost, unrecoverable.

1. We send every affected user (45 instances were affected) a mail using Mailchimp. This software allows us to track delivery rates, bounce rates and the amount of mails that are actually read/opened. One mail bounced, we proceeded to call this user and adjusted his Email at his request.
      All mails were opened and read except this one mail that bounced and got resolved by phone.

3. We then delayed removing the promo package for at least 7 days, allowing every affected user to recreate the deleted instance.

Besides that: do you really believe this user did not notice that his VPS was down for 7 days?
    The user simply forgot to recreate the promo instance or they thought they can recreate it another time in the future, however we clearly communicated it was a limited time offer in newsletters and that the promo package will be removed.

Everyone got the mail, everyone read the mail but they claim otherwise.

• @domainbop Everyone got bonux credit, we doubled the credit for most people, even those that enjoyed perfect service during the prelaunch stage. You make it sound like no one got any bonus or compensation, this is not correct. You also make it sound like many people experienced problems or downtime, while 43 clients of 1013 clients were affected by a Chicago Hypervisor failure, these 43 users had a total of 45 instances on the failed Hypervisor. A failed Hypervisor can happen to every provider in this industry.

• @kyaky The user that created the review you refer to is by the way the same as the one that opened this topic: qingxi
    His account is now blocked on his request and also for breaking several points in our TOS.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited November 2013

@Swiftway said:
    kyaky The user that created the review you refer to is by the way the same as the one that opened this topic: qingxi
    His account is now blocked on his request and also for breaking several points in our TOS.

I know that. You don't have to emphasize they are the same person. Of course, they are. I already said the website owner is the author of this thread. He already said he wouldn't give a shxt to this issue any more even he was gonna show me some other proves. But if he doesn't care any more, why should I? btw more people are trading the beta accounts in qq group (a Chinese software like Skype) because you never refund and they are not happy, If I were you, I would just ban these "bastards" for trading accounts which is against your TOS, or add one into your TOS now. Actually, It's also none of my business so don't bite me, get a chew toy instead.

qingxi His account is now blocked on his request and also for breaking several points in our TOS.

I have to gratz you on deleting his account as "one" of his requests because he couldn't take any more screenshots. good one.

He did request for an account cancellation at the beginning and then submitted another reply for not to cancel the account. It was before Mon which is the last day you said if he changed his mind.

Honestly, I don't know if you are a staff from management or just a support. It's a shame that Swiftway hires a staff like you or train you like this. To me, you are just terrible in talking to these customers no matter if they are wrong or right. A such great company focusing on so-called "HIGH-END" users cares so much about this bloody $5 from a sad customer who missed re-creating a VPS after your hypervisor failure, and you've spent this much time here in replying to these "Low-end" users. Doesn't it look funny?

If I were you, I wouldn't have this much time replying to this worthless angry customer's translator or spokesman, which I assume it's me, I would just throw $5 bucks to pay for a shut up. It's ok now, you need this for a cup of coffee.

It makes me wonder if Swiftway is just run by you, a one-man business cause a successful company never hires people like you biting every customer that doesn't like you. Shame on you.

Thanked by 1qingxi
  • qingxiqingxi Member
    edited November 2013

@Swiftway
    My English is very bad so I can't express in English very well. But one thing I'm sure about is I will tell the people who I know to stay away from Swiftway. If you don't know how to treat your customers, I will help you to do that.

• This is the exact reason I no longer take any jobs. I am not sure I can give the customer the job they deserve for their money. I could damn sure use the work, and I damn sure have the skills. I just do not want the customer to suffer if I can not deliver exactly the experience they deserve, or that I know I am capable of giving them.