Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• @DA_Mark New update is really helpful and was amazing but please look at the WHMCS Modules to and also checkout the SSL also ssl doesnot works on parked domains if we include them then it doesnt work even on the primary domain it shows that ssl is not assigned to the server

• We need phpMyadmin auto login. Remembering a bunch of mysql user / password is a pain. Imagine you need to investigate your client database.

as of right now, login to their account, open file manager, find config.php, edit it. find user and password, open phpmyadmin, insert user and password.

it would be much easier if phpmyadmin can auto login like cpanel.

also file manager is very slow (compared to cpanel).

• @yokowasis said:
    We need phpMyadmin auto login. Remembering a bunch of mysql user / password is a pain. Imagine you need to investigate your client database.

as of right now, login to their account, open file manager, find config.php, edit it. find user and password, open phpmyadmin, insert user and password.

PMA auto-login is almost finished (works fine here). But it's not true about DB username/pass. You can use the same DirectAdmin username/pass to login to phpMyAdmin, and it'd list you all the databases belonging to the user.

Hm.. I guess it might be related to disk space count. Please try https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=678, just:
    /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set filemanager_du 0
    service directadmin restart

• @smtalk said:

@yokowasis said:
    We need phpMyadmin auto login. Remembering a bunch of mysql user / password is a pain. Imagine you need to investigate your client database.

PMA auto-login is almost finished (works fine here). But it's not true about DB username/pass. You can use the same DirectAdmin username/pass to login to phpMyAdmin, and it'd list you all the databases belonging to the user.

Hm.. I guess it might be related to disk space count. Please try https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=678, just:

I am not an admin. I can't exec command.

I just shared hosting reseller (buyshared). I don't know about others, but buyshared cpanel and buyshared DirectAdmin file manager, cpanel file manager is much faster. Especially traversing directory and editing files. . And I don't know my client direct admin password either. So, I can't just put their username and password into phpMyAdmin.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yokowasis said:

@smtalk said:

@yokowasis said:

I am not an admin. I can't exec command.

I just shared hosting reseller (buyshared). I don't know about others, but buyshared cpanel and buyshared DirectAdmin file manager, cpanel file manager is much faster. Especially traversing directory and editing files. . And I don't know my client direct admin password either. So, I can't just put their username and password into phpMyAdmin.

You can ticket and I'll check it out.

We will enable phpmyadmin once they release it :)

Francisco

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2019

File Manager at admin level should start at / not /root.
    Munin integration would be helpful.
    Brute Force Monitor appears to be just that, a monitor. Where are actions defined and can it leverage CSF, without replacing portions of CSF? (I refer to some instruction somewhere that does precisely this.)

EDIT: poralix.com

Additionally you are advised to disable Login Failure Blocking in CSF/LFD as it will be Directadmin to care of it:

How about BFM should just action CSF commands, such as csf --deny IP ?

• @Francisco said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    Updated to 1.58.2 and enabled one click webmail login. Worked a treat, although @DA_Mark would like it to open in a new tab.

Also setup webmail.domain.com from the forum as well which is working well.

Also pushed BuyShared's nodes to 1.58.2, seems awesome.

Love love love the SSO for Webmail.

Great job @DA_Mark and team.

...PMA SSO when? :D

PMA SSO was completed at the same time -- but it's still in desperate need of testing. Anyone who wants it now, can get it now. :)

https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2473

As for this WHMCS thing, can someone open up a ticket so we can actually track & troubleshoot it. We need as much information as possible, and likely someone able to give us access to their system. Regarding deleting users, there should be something in /var/log/directadmin/error.log that starts with "userdel" to help troubleshoot. But it would be better to do this in a ticket than in this thread.

Thanked by 1vpsjungle
  • How is DA anti-spam measurements? Can it be done from GUI? I know with cPanels there are 2-3 settings to limit outgoing messages for users.

Does it support different versions of php for subdomains in a directory of a domain?

changes to php.ini from gui? Override php.ini settings for a domain?

Mod_sec and csf from the GUI?

These questions are holding me from switching to DA.

Thank you,
    Gio

• @hdpixel said:
    How is DA anti-spam measurements? Can it be done from GUI? I know with cPanels there are 2-3 settings to limit outgoing messages for users.

"SpamAssassin Setup" and "SPAM Filters" are available on user-level. Different rate-limiting options are available in admin settings.

Does it support different versions of php for subdomains in a directory of a domain?

If subdomain is not added as a domain, .htaccess needs to be used to select a custom version for it.

changes to php.ini from gui? Override php.ini settings for a domain?

php.ini is available in "File Editor". Per-domain overrides can be done in "Custom HTTPd Configuration", .htaccess, php.ini (PATH or HOST directives) or .user.ini files. More info: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=672

Mod_sec and csf from the GUI?

If Comodo WAF is used, they have their own plugin to manage the ruleset. Same for CSF, it's a GUI provided by CSF.

Thank you!

• It will be nice to have additional outbound scan implemented as this
    https://www.rspamd.com/doc/tutorials/scanning_outbound.html

Blockcracing is good but not sufficient

DA_Mark said: PMA SSO was completed at the same time -- but it's still in desperate need of testing. Anyone who wants it now, can get it now.

Awesome.

I think the only thing getting people all wound up is SNI on :2222. You've already documented it as a 'soon' thing so they can just wait.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

DA_Mark said: PMA SSO was completed at the same time -- but it's still in desperate need of testing. Anyone who wants it now, can get it now.

Awesome.

I think the only thing getting people all wound up is SNI on :2222. You've already documented it as a 'soon' thing so they can just wait.

Francisco

Incorrect :smile: It's marked as finished. Feel free to use it, just update DA to pre-release binaries, and yourdomain.com:2222 should work automatically (make sure you have no force_hostname line in DA config, as this would redirect to that hostname). Feature page: https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=2461. Thank you for your feedback! It's really valuable!

@smtalk said:

@Francisco said:

Awesome.

Francisco

Incorrect :smile: It's marked as finished. Feel free to use it, just update DA to pre-release binaries, and yourdomain.com:2222 should work automatically (make sure you have no force_hostname line in DA config, as this would redirect to that hostname). Feature page: https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=2461. Thank you for your feedback! It's really valuable!

Well shit, good job guys!

Is there a release schedule in mind to move that to stable?

Francisco

• @smtalk said:

@Francisco said:

Awesome.

Francisco

Awesome work guys. I hope you guys are gaining significant market share from cPanel!

Thanked by 3DA_Mark vpsjungle WSWD
  • @Francisco said:

Well shit, good job guys!

Is there a release schedule in mind to move that to stable?

Francisco

Pretty darn fast. It'll be part of RC1 today/tomorrow and we'd like to have about a week to make sure everything works. Should also have PMA SSO marked stable by then as well.

We're definitely slammed over here but we are listening. My brain is a bit fried so I don't even remember if I mentioned that our auto-installer is complete? It's already in the setup guide.

You don't need to know your client or license ID#' -- just run "./setup.sh auto" and everything is done from start to finish. It even works if the OS in the license is incorrect.

There's so many good suggestions, it's just a matter of time/priorities/etc. I know @smtalk is paying attention to the file manager suggestions, outbound spam filtering, etc.

DA_Mark said: Pretty darn fast. It'll be part of RC1 today/tomorrow and we'd like to have about a week to make sure everything works. Should also have PMA SSO marked stable by then as well.

So freakin' sweet.

I'll see if I can find anymore big things on the "want" list.

Maybe just CLI controls to restore backups to a reseller? That'd be cool to allow easier migrations. To be fair the UI is good but we're pretty CLI heavy.

I need to confirm but the only other thing I can think of would be to have enforced suspensions one emails/users. In cases where someone has a phishing site and we suspend it, the reseller can't unsuspend them.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Maybe just CLI controls to restore backups to a reseller? That'd be cool to allow easier migrations. To be fair the UI is good but we're pretty CLI heavy.

It might look a bit "ugly" due to URL encoding, but it's there already: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=198

@smtalk said:

@Francisco said:

It might look a bit "ugly" due to URL encoding, but it's there already: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=198

We can all agree that's ugly ;)

I guess a long term (next year, post cPanel apocalypse) goal would be something sorta like "whmapi1".

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I do have another feedback to share. I used this on one of my servers to put accounts in /home2:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=451

This works great, but if I delete a domain in the Domain Setup area, with "Delete web data" checked, I get this:

https://d.pr/i/PuvDxU

So far I haven't run into an issue with a customer doing something that makes this weird, but I'm sure I will. There's always one that regularly goes through workflows that weren't practiced for.

• @jar said:
    I do have another feedback to share. I used this on one of my servers to put accounts in /home2:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=451

This works great, but if I delete a domain in the Domain Setup area, with "Delete web data" checked, I get this:

https://d.pr/i/PuvDxU

So far I haven't run into an issue with a customer doing something that makes this weird, but I'm sure I will. There's always one that regularly goes through workflows that weren't practiced for.

Open a ticket with DA. The have a friendly and rockstar support team.

Don't forget to share the output / steps here.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Thanks to LET for banning cpanel offers. DirectAdmin needs video tutorials on every subject like cpanel.

@LowVM said:
    Thanks to LET for banning cpanel offers. DirectAdmin needs video tutorials on every subject like cpanel.

Were those ever free?

I know Dewlance offered those as a product.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@LowVM said:
    Thanks to LET for banning cpanel offers. DirectAdmin needs video tutorials on every subject like cpanel.

Were those ever free?

Francisco

They don't have tutorial and I received email that they are switching to Directadmin, Bit stressful to me.

DemoWolf have tutorials which are now outdated but did you look at youtube. No tutorials for DA on it.

But you are doing good work.

@LowVM said:

@Francisco said:

@LowVM said:

Were those ever free?

Francisco

They don't have tutorial and I received email that they are switching to Directadmin, Bit stressful to me.

DemoWolf have tutorials which are now outdated but did you look at youtube. No tutorials for DA on it.

But you are doing good work.

We try :)

I know Dewlance has taken an aggressive 'Screw cPanel!' stance on WHT so we'll see how much of that he can focus into DA videos.

Francisco

• @DA_Mark pls show different interface for Admin, reseller & customer which will be easy for administration.

Every time our techs are getting confused whether they are in admin panel or reseller panel.

This is one of the major advantage of cpanel.

If possible admin , reseller and customer panels can have different port numbers.

Or atleast different layout or colours.

Or

Adding left side menu on grid layout for admin / reseller.

• @LowVM said:

The only tutorial videos I know of were the DemoWolf ones but they have closed down now. There are lots of text tutorials on the net and I have noticed that over the last few months a lot more appearing.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I agree the switch to - admin / reseller / user is a pain.... if your logged in as an admin, everything should just be available and clicking the user would log you in as the user in a second window.

• @experttechit said:
    I agree the switch to - admin / reseller / user is a pain.... if your logged in as an admin, everything should just be available and clicking the user would log you in as the user in a second window.

If you change an option in the theme you can align all profiles together i.e. display all admin, reseller, user options on one screen

• @Francisco said:

@smtalk said:

@Francisco said:

We can all agree that's ugly ;)

I guess a long term (next year, post cPanel apocalypse) goal would be something sorta like "whmapi1".

Francisco

It's not an API, it's a task.queue action :smile: API is pretty nice: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1090. In addition to this, it can be all in JSON as well.

• @vpsjungle said:
    @DA_Mark pls show different interface for Admin, reseller & customer which will be easy for administration.

Every time our techs are getting confused whether they are in admin panel or reseller panel.

This is one of the major advantage of cpanel.

If possible admin , reseller and customer panels can have different port numbers.

Or atleast different layout or colours.

Or

Adding left side menu on grid layout for admin / reseller.

Did you try the "Hybrid" layout? It's really easy for the refugees to 'adapt' to it as admin/reseller have sidebar view, user - icons grid :smile: