Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• so, how to save DA login in my browser (firefox or chrome)?

and any DA login have "remember me" feature?

• @abangnoob said:
    so, how to save DA login in my browser (firefox or chrome)?

and any DA login have "remember me" feature?

I think this was already mentioned in this thread, but it's a good question so here is the answer again. In the Admin panel, go to Admin Settings and you can edit the session time.

If you are getting logged out too often, and you are finding this annoying, then there is your solution. :)

Thanked by 3vimalware uptime lazyt
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Just tested out DA's new icon grid feature -- it's top notch stuff :p

Now, I shouldn't get greedy, but... cough SSO for phpMyAdmin and webmail please!

Nah, not greedy at all. Just a good convenience feature. Let me look into this.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Webmail/phpMyAdmin SSO is the #1 thing I want from DA.

Francisco

• If you have more time add custombuild to GUI as well. This is not a must but it will be easier.

• LeeLee Veteran

@sweatbar said:
    If you have more time add custombuild to GUI as well. This is not a must but it will be easier.

Ithere is a plug-in for custombuild that adds it to the gui though

Thanked by 1sweatbar
  • @Lee said:

@sweatbar said:
    If you have more time add custombuild to GUI as well. This is not a must but it will be easier.

Ithere is a plug-in for custombuild that adds it to the gui though

Oh my bad didn't know that

• +1 for SSO to phpmyadmin and webmail, another feature required is changing password for user without "send welcome mail again" > @DA_Mark said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    Just tested out DA's new icon grid feature -- it's top notch stuff :p

Now, I shouldn't get greedy, but... cough SSO for phpMyAdmin and webmail please!

Nah, not greedy at all. Just a good convenience feature. Let me look into this.

+1 for SSO to phpmyadmin and webmail, another feature required is changing password for user without "send welcome mail again" and another requried feature, is pop3/imap info for mail account for user to be able to get them easily

• refikrefik Member

DA new design is good looking. I like it. Maybe good idea is to be multilanguage.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

DA backup is pretty good. I love the way you can restore from offsite storage..... that really is good and that you can select multiple backups.

It would be good if you could choose how long to keep backups? Also if possible have backups just update changed information.

Just thinking it saves using another backup tool.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@refik said:
    DA new design is good looking. I like it. Maybe good idea is to be multilanguage.

It can be done already.

• please

• DNS Only
    • Phpmyadmin and mail SSO
    • Limit reseller account (not domain based)

dns only - get a vps from buyvm as you get free directadmin

Thanked by 2eva2000 Francisco
  • After 2 unsuccessful attempts to install Directadmin, I got the installation completed.

Install Cloudlinux, imunify360, softaculous without problems

Now install Litespeed and create a wordpress installation and it DOES NOT WORK - Error 503

Someone else had problems with litespeed

@experttechit said:
    dns only - get a vps from buyvm as you get free directadmin

Smarter words have never been spoken.

Francisco

• smtalksmtalk Member

@shileno said:

After 2 unsuccessful attempts to install Directadmin, I got the installation completed.

Now install Litespeed and create a wordpress installation and it DOES NOT WORK - Error 503

I'd suggest checking /var/log/httpd/domains/domain.com.error.log or just create a support ticket at tickets.directadmin.com or litespeedtech.com/support/. I guess it might be CageFS related too (try disabling CageFS for affected user and see if that helps, if it does - make sure PHP path set in LiteSpeed is available in CageFS).

Thanked by 2DA_Mark coreflux
  • @smtalk said:

@shileno said:

After 2 unsuccessful attempts to install Directadmin, I got the installation completed.

I'd suggest checking /var/log/httpd/domains/domain.com.error.log or just create a support ticket at tickets.directadmin.com or litespeedtech.com/support/. I guess it might be CageFS related too (try disabling CageFS for affected user and see if that helps, if it does - make sure PHP path set in LiteSpeed is available in CageFS).

thanks, I disable CageFS and test website works

• update: now i have other problem Error SMTP (-1)

nice

@shileno said:
    update: now i have other problem Error SMTP (-1)

nice

Checked the logs?

• @MikePT said:

@shileno said:

nice

Checked the logs?

It is already working again. The error occurred when trying to integrate mailchannels.

It would be good if there is an easier option to integrate mailchannels

@shileno said:

@MikePT said:

@shileno said:

nice

Checked the logs?

It is already working again. The error occurred when trying to integrate mailchannels.

It would be good if there is an easier option to integrate mailchannels

We're working on it... :)

Yeah MailChannels was hard work to begin with, but just save the 3 files and restore them if needed again...

Make sure to use "pre"s there.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited July 2019

Sorry, my bad. Post was edited.

• Just a small late suggestion: while the backup/restore process is pretty straightforward.

Would be nice to have a built in server migration option for mass migration.

i agree with the server migration..... I like the restore/backup, it could be better if rsync was built in.

• reseller hostname for direct admin would be a +1

Any updates on more plugins like JetBackup/Acronis ??? These 2 really would be amazing..... :)

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited July 2019

@experttechit said:
    Any updates on more plugins like JetBackup/Acronis ??? These 2 really would be amazing..... :)

I spoke with JetBackup rep after the cPanel announcement. They confirmed they are working on other platforms and standalone.

Thanked by 1JamesF

@sweatbar said:
    reseller hostname for direct admin would be a +1

What is this? What do you have in mind?

Francisco