Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese Hosts ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chinese Hosts ?

Any leads or tips on hosting in China?

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Comments

• No, sorry.

Thanked by 2FennecFox ITLabs
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • First of all, you need a ICP Registration of the domain you want to use in China then you can choose the hosting provider.

Thanked by 1ianhobbs
  • @dz_paji said:
    First of all, you need a ICP Registration of the domain you want to use in China then you can choose the hosting provider.

You fucked it up. All of it.

@doghouch @PieHasBeenEaten @FAT32 this guy is clearly trolling.

• $3.50

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

No, sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Debian, thx

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • HooLanHooLan Member

AlibabaCloud is the largest Cloud platform provider in China.
    Otherwise, TencentCloud also provides VPS.But i think it is not friendly to foreigners.

Thanked by 1ianhobbs
  • ianhobbsianhobbs Member
    edited July 2019

@dz_paji said:
    First of all, you need a ICP Registration of the domain you want to use in China then you can choose the hosting provider.

Thanks. I understand it is a state authorised activity. Not so easy.
    https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/chinese-icp-licensing-what-why-and-how-to-get-hosted-in-china--cms-23193

• I have looked at both major and smaller providers in China. Most of them are non foreigner friendly, you will need a Chinese ID or a Chinese company to get some form of hosting.

AlibabaCloud accepts foreign IDs, but you pay a premium effectively.

• No, Sorry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ianhobbs said:
    Any leads or tips on hosting in China?

you wanna hosting in Chinese mainland or HongKong?

• There are a lot domestic ISP in China. Do you have icp?

• Less than 7$?

• emghemgh Member

Yes, not sorry

• If you need an icp,you should have an Chinese id card and curtain, and web site verification form, and wait 7-20 days.

• Better host in Hong Kong or Japan to server mainland China clients.

• Alibaba Cloud provides VPSes in China, make sure you have a valid passport though.

• There can be only #1 chinese host.
    He first chargeback-ed all the other hosts, bankrupting them.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I had a Chinese ICP license from 2005. Back then it's just filling an online form, and didn't need a cellphone. They revoked my license in 2013 when they found my website is not hosted in China.
    If I want to reapply the ICP license, I'll have to take selfie with specific background, mail in ID card copies, and the worst of all: make the homepage mimic Internet Explorer's "website offline" page, because the website is supposedly "offline" during registration process, and nginx's "it works" page is considered "content"; turning off the server won't pass validation either.

I guess I'm stuck in US hosting now.
    I attempted to apply for a California ICP license but I'm told I don't need one.

Thanked by 2vimalware pluush
  • ErikEnoctusErikEnoctus Member
    edited July 2019

This place is slowly but surely turning into a troll / meme community of failed hosting entrepreneurs.

There are ways around it, I've had my fair bit of fun with the Chinese market / directly connected upstreams. Think of it as a wild market that's yet to be conquered - massive risks (government blocking IPs, attacks, upstream conflicts, etc.) BUT also MASSIVELY rewarding when done right due to the relative lack of competition.

1. Hardest bit - find yourself a good dedicated server provider with reasonable pricing.
    2. Understand that you can't have a feasible business with more than 10-50 MBPS of China connected bandwidth.
    3. Don't pay the Chinese more than 30% of what you'd pay a provider, for example in the UK.
    4. Size matters. No one will give you a good deal on servers without a guarantee that you'll order a heck ton of servers within weeks. And by good, of course, I mean 30-50% more expensive than what we're used to in the west.
    5. Don't be cheap. You won't last long. I've learn this the hard way. There's a reason no leader (DO, VULTR, LINODE) has entered the Chinese market yet.