Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MrVM SG Node TUN/TAP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MrVM SG Node TUN/TAP

Hello,

First I know this is not LET support, but maybe anybody have the same issue, may share how to solve it.

Anyone here have SG NAT VPS with MrVM?
Do you also have the TUN/TAP activation issue? Any help to solve this issue please if anybody know how to fix it while waiting for the Virtualizor update. I have tried to enable/disable - start/stop the vps, still not work.

Thanks..

Comments

• Ask on LES the forum dedicated for LES support.
    https://forum.lowendspirit.com

• CoffeeCoffee Member

Use Centos 7 image and try this:

mkdir /dev/net

mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200

Then check if TUN is enabled.

TUN on Debian can be enable through Virtualizor, but can't remember which version. I have no luck with Ubuntu images.

Thanked by 2ehab skorous
  • To check if your container has been allocated TUN permissions appropriately, simply run:

cat /dev/net/tun

This should be returned:

cat: /dev/net/tun: File descriptor in bad state

If you get a 'Permission Denied' error or anything else, there is likely a problem with the TUN configuration for your container.

• At least on my instance, the /dev/net/tun device disappears when you do a shutdown -r . Following @Coffee's advice recreates it and allows it to work. Otherwise you can also get it to re-appear by Stopping and Starting the box . This all assumes you've ticked the box in VPS Config of course.

• @Coffee thank you for the info... have played with the OS just now..
    Ubuntu (as you said), no luck... I usually using Ubuntu all this time.
    Finally try using Debian 8... it does work. But if you reboot the server or stop/start it.. it would be failed again... I have to reinstall the OS to make it back to work again, I don't know why..
    So I guess we can not reboot the server until further update from Virtualizor.. :)

Thanks all..

• Enabled TUN on MrVM Norway VPS and rebooted. After that the system won't boot again and unable to boot via control panel as well. Does it happen normally.