Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for a new dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advice for a new dedicated server

OrbazzoOrbazzo Member
edited June 2019 in General

Hi, there,
I would need a new dedicated server that has many cores, for the management of my sites, I currently have a netcup RS 8000, but is not enough, we need a dedicated machine, the minimum requirements are:
at least 10 dedicated CPU cores
32gb of ram
128gb ssd
500/1gbps connection
the price is not a problem, but it must not be very excessive
Thank you and best regards

Comments

• Hello Friend,

Is location is a concern? There are lots of places to choose from, but price can vary greatly based on the location you need services in. Can you indicate for us if you have a preference for location and maybe let us know what amount of bandwidth you need per month at those speeds?

Then maybe some providers can chime in or others can make recommendations for you.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Hello Friend,

Is location is a concern? There are lots of places to choose from, but price can vary greatly based on the location you need services in. Can you indicate for us if you have a preference for location and maybe let us know what amount of bandwidth you need per month at those speeds?

Then maybe some providers can chime in or others can make recommendations for you.

Cheers!

Added!

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited June 2019

To be honest, for your requirements i see the

• PX62-NVME from Hetzner fitting perfectly. 12 Cores (6+HT), 64 GB Ram and 2x960 GB NVMe (Raid 1 possible). (65 €)

• AX160-NVME 48 Core (24 +HT), 128 GB Ram, 2x960 GB NVMe (160 €)

• vServer XL SSD G3 (PHP-Friends) with 10C,64 GB Ram, 220GB NVMe, Gbit (35 €)

I dont know what sites you're running, but with those offers, you can run multi-million-visits per day sites easily (I'm running 15 Websites with > 10 Mil visitors daily on the first one, but MySQL is on another but equivalent machine tbh).

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @fLoo said:

• PX62-NVME from Hetzner fitting perfectly. 12 Cores (6+HT), 64 GB Ram and 2x960 GB NVMe (Raid 1 possible). (65 €)

The EX62-NVME is 16 cores (8+HT), an increase in ~5000 passmark for the same specs/price.

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

We can make 12 cores, 32 Gb DDR3, 240 Gb SSD and 1Gb port (bandwidth could be up to 10 Gbps but not for 24/7, please, contact us for the details https://veesp.com/en/contacts) or 200 Mbps with unlim traffic for $130 monthly https://veesp.com/ru/products/dedicated-servers

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@ashkulz said:

@fLoo said:

The EX62-NVME is 16 cores (8+HT), an increase in ~5000 passmark for the same specs/price.

The PX62 is an enterprise platform (Xeon CPU, ECC RAM, Enterprise NVMe SSDs), not directly comparable. And it's still one of the cheapest, the only one's beating it are a couple of Online.net's servers (which, come on, doesn't really count).