Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶

1234568»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

So I think we are at a point now where we can look at lifting this. All businesses would have had 2 increased invoices by now & the community knows unlimited account offers will be a pump and dump.

Anyone have any thoughts that go against mine or any extra input?

• cu_ollycu_olly Member
    edited January 2020

@trewq said:
    So I think we are at a point now where we can look at lifting this. All businesses would have had 2 increased invoices by now & the community knows unlimited account offers will be a pump and dump.

Agreed. I (somewhat) appreciate the precautionary step taken to ensure safety of users, though, the impact of price increases to end users were practically zero. A few hosts increased prices but the vast majority made no changes.

cPanel offers should certainly be allowed again at this stage.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin ViridWeb
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2020

@trewq said:

I would recommend lifting the ban.

If we consider the recent cases of deadpooling that we're familiar with, in particular, the recent spectacular synchronized deadpooling of CC-related providers, arguably, the reasons behind these cases of deadpooling had little or nothing to do with cPanel's licensing per se.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • LeeLee Veteran

And, getting fed up seeing all the DA offers. I mean its a decent panel but its not cPanel and that is what many still want.

• I agree with lifting the ban too. I know that when the cPanel offers come back, they will be scrutinized and anything a potential buyer should be aware of generally gets brought up anyway, especially if shenanigans are suspected.

My $0.02 AUD

• Agreed that it is time to lift ban. Enough eyeballs to jump on unsustainable offers.

• Lift the ban, but dont allow unlimited account offers.

Thanked by 2Lee ExonHost
  • @teamacc said:
    Lift the ban, but dont allow unlimited account offers.

Agreed. That would simplify the rules and keep the CC shitshow types away.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

• I agree here too.

I personally found da too much of a pain and also found the end user side for clients and admin is poor compared to cpanels simplicity so have gone back to cPanel.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2020

@dahartigan said:

@teamacc said:
    Lift the ban, but dont allow unlimited account offers.

Agreed. That would simplify the rules and keep the CC shitshow types away.

No it won't.

CC has forcefully unbanned/pushed through hosts that have actively broken the rules and then sat in threads bragging about going over the admins heads.

There's a reason Anthony left and that this place is a ghost town.

Has no one noticed how little new posting there is on here? I know it was the holidays, but LES is bustling with posts.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: No it won't.

Perhaps but there are plenty of good cPanel providers in here, as always caveat emptor, LET is not your nanny.

• I agree with the idea of lifting the ban. I still kinda prefer the cPanel workflow although I'm not fond of the company behind it.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2020

whats LES?

edit, got it

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Ban revoked. cPanel offers are now ALLOWED again.

Please familiarise yourself with the shared hosting offer rules at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1 before posting an offer.

Thanked by 3DP dahartigan HostDoc
  • LeeLee Veteran

Cmon then, lets see the cPanel offers, curious to see what providers are doing :)

Thanked by 1HostMayo