Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶

Comments

• JorboxJorbox Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Jorbox said: I have a good knowledge in css if anyone needs help

> #muscles {
    >    display: flex;
    > }
    > 
    #muscles {
       display: block!important;
       position: absolute;
    }

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • JorboxJorbox Member

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Why not a better start and opportunities to other panels.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
    We will welcome the drama when the new invoice hit the clueless.

There will be many changes when the Summer of 2019 ends.

• LeeLee Veteran

coolice said: We are on LET I always think the providers here use big VMs (on entire server with proxmox) and cPanel #notallproivers as it hard to maintain low prices.... if you have 3 VMs with more than 30 clients it will be $87 at minimum increase

Makes no difference where we are, my point remains.

Sure on LET providers sell for next to nothing, but that is their problem to deal with.

• @Jorbox said:

@AnthonySmith said:

> > #muscles {
    > >    display: flex;
    > > }
    > > 
    > #muscles {
    >    display: block!important;
    >    position: absolute;
    > }
    > 

Meanwhile on IE 7:

what is flexbox sir

• JorboxJorbox Member

@doghouch said:

@Jorbox said:

@AnthonySmith said:

> > > #muscles {
    > > >    display: flex;
    > > > }
    > > > 
    > > #muscles {
    > >    display: block!important;
    > >    position: absolute;
    > > }
    > > 

Meanwhile on IE 7:

what is flexbox sir

IE uses chromium now.

• @Jorbox IE != Edge

• JorboxJorbox Member

@doghouch said:
    @Jorbox IE != Edge

Syntax error. Mac user found 😅

• @Jorbox said:

@doghouch said:
    @Jorbox IE != Edge

Syntax error. Mac user found 😅

I use a Mac as well.

Side note: Edge for Mac is a heaping pile of garbage. Safari > Chrome <3

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    I spent yesterday testing Direct Admin, it is just not the same product offering and I don't want to offer the poor alternative.

I spent today testing Cyberpanel, imo its more end user freindly than DA but it lacks a lot, so again a poor alternative.

I have tested interworks/ispconfig in the past, really not an option for me.

vestacp is not even close and not commercial grade.

So I will just be scrapping the whole reseller plans idea, putting up shared hosting prices and giving it 6 months to see how the dust settles, obviously trust fro cpanel commercially is gone, I will have to swallow some customer costs out of fairness and as such i will not be offering overly cheap shared hosting any more.

Prices updated to reflect this, I do hope they come out with an unlimited account license though, I do not mind that they put prices up, I mind that they believe it is their business to tell us how to run ours and have become ransomware.

Plesk is not an option either?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

FHR said: Plesk is not an option either?

Oakley own both of them so I see no point as the same thing will likely happen.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2019

AnthonySmith said: I spent yesterday testing Direct Admin, it is just not the same product offering and I don't want to offer the poor alternative.

Can you post a side by side comparision on specs about those two panels and what DA is lacking regarding CP? That would be very useful.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jvnadr said: Can you post a side by side comparision on specs about those two panels and what DA is lacking regarding CP?

I do not really have the time to do that in any meaningful detail, we are talking about hundreds and hundreds of differences.

I made that point here though with screenshots:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2992609/#Comment_2992609

If people are really interested both DA and cPanel offer trial licenses, it will only take you a few hours of use to be able to see the differences first hand.

• williewillie Member

Can someone give a quick explanation of DA pricing? I asked about this before and may have missed a response someplace but I don't see one. It says $299 for a lifetime unlimited domains license. What I can't tell is how many such licenses a typical LET hosting provider would need: if you have 20 shared hosting nodes, do you need a separate license for each node, or is it 1 license per provider? That makes a big difference. Thanks.

• LeeLee Veteran

willie said: do you need a separate license for each node

Yes, one licence per IP.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

why so much fuss over cpanel
    who would like to loose their customers

if one changes from cpanel to some other panel, would be welcomed

by the way, if you provide reseller hosting, shared hosting, and say you cannot afford $2.40 per year for the license, i feel you should not be in the hosting industry

more over, when there is no much support for openvz6.0, i do not see any such thread related to openvz providers

just wish to know why this is not ammended in the "Rules for selling on LowEndTalk" https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-may-2019#latest

may be any change on selling is to be done should be reflected in the "Rules for selling on LowEndTalk"

i might seem crazy, but this kind of thread did not even appear when whmcs changed its pricing plan, where some small hosts and summer providers did perish or changed to other billing-automation

i might bashed over here, but, not sure why at all we are giving much importance to cpanel crap?

@Lee said:

willie said: do you need a separate license for each node

Yes, one licence per IP.

well i believe earlier also we used to get 1 license per ip, hoping the 1 ip is the main ip from where you access the node/server/vps
    in case you have many other ips added to the same server, as to provide dedicated ip, or other shared ips, it goes with single license

you only need a second license, in case you install it elsewhere

• williewillie Member

agentmishra said: and say you cannot afford $2.40 per year for the license, i feel you should not be in the hosting industry

What? I have the $5/y BuyShared cpanel plan and it works great. It appears to be a sustainable product with the old licensing scheme. With $2.40/y going to cpanel it would become unsustainable right away. And of course there is even cheaper shared hosting out there, though I don't know how much of it uses cpanel. I also have a $5/y mxroute plan and that's not using a fraction of cpanel's features. Jar's paying half the revenue from that plan to cpanel would be just plain silly.

I've been a FOSS activist since forever so I never understand why the low end segment keeps falling for the same stunts. To really keep costs low, you have to use free everything and when necessary, share some effort to smooth out rough edges in the software.

• LeeLee Veteran

Yeah, one licence per IP, the IP is for the node. Just like cPanel.

• williewillie Member

Lee said: Yes, one licence per IP.

Thanks, I'm still a little confused by this: I know BuyVM offers free DA to its VPS users. Does that mean they can have DA running on a single node with 1 IP, with that DA controlling the VPS on all the remote nodes? Or do they need a separate DA on each user node? Each VPS of course has its own IP. Their shared hosting plans also have dedicated IP's, though that is not customary for cheap shared hosting from other providers.

Is DA a significant resource burden? If a single instance can control multiple nodes then running it on a big enough server (those are getting cheap now) could let it run a pretty big installation.

edited July 2019

@willie said:

agentmishra said: and say you cannot afford $2.40 per year for the license, i feel you should not be in the hosting industry

What? I have the $5/y BuyShared cpanel plan and it works great. It appears to be a sustainable product with the old licensing scheme. With $2.40/y going to cpanel it would become unsustainable right away. And of course there is even cheaper shared hosting out there, though I don't know how much of it uses cpanel. I also have a $5/y mxroute plan and that's not using a fraction of cpanel's features. Jar's paying half the revenue from that plan to cpanel would be just plain silly.

I've been a FOSS activist since forever so I never understand why the low end segment keeps falling for the same stunts. To really keep costs low, you have to use free everything and when necessary, share some effort to smooth out rough edges in the software.

so may be increase the price to $7.40 per year

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@willie said:

Lee said: Yes, one licence per IP.

Thanks, I'm still a little confused by this: I know BuyVM offers free DA to its VPS users. Does that mean they can have DA running on a single node with 1 IP, with that DA controlling the VPS on all the remote nodes? Or do they need a separate DA on each user node? Each VPS of course has its own IP. Their shared hosting plans also have dedicated IP's, though that is not customary for cheap shared hosting from other providers.

Is DA a significant resource burden? If a single instance can control multiple nodes then running it on a big enough server (those are getting cheap now) could let it run a pretty big installation.

One license per server.

DA runs on a 512MB VPS just fine once the installer is done.

It's very resource friendly.

Francisco

• donlidonli Member

@willie said:

BuyShared used CloudLinux (a paid product), LiteSpeed Web Server (a paid product), cPanel (a paid product). Clearly Francisco thinks using those paid options is better than the free alternatives and he knows things.

agentmishra said: by the way, if you provide reseller hosting, shared hosting, and say you cannot afford $2.40 per year for the license, i feel you should not be in the hosting industry

Remember, for a reseller you get charged for the reseller, and all of their sub users.

If that $2/month reseller has 20 sub accounts, you're spending $1 - $2/month in licensing alone.

Francisco

edited July 2019

@Francisco said:

agentmishra said: by the way, if you provide reseller hosting, shared hosting, and say you cannot afford $2.40 per year for the license, i feel you should not be in the hosting industry

Remember, for a reseller you get charged for the reseller, and all of their sub users.

If that $2/month reseller has 20 sub accounts, you're spending $1 - $2/month in licensing alone.

Francisco

if one targets like ebay selling with those mega-super-alpha-master-reseller cpanel accounts with unlimited disk/bandwidth/accounts/etc, then you are doomed

agentmishra said: if one targets like ebay selling with those mega-super-alpha-master-reseller cpanel accounts with unlimited disk/bandwidth/accounts/etc, then you are doomed

You're absolutely correct. We didn't offer those though, we just sold basic resellers.

Francisco

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@agentmishra said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

if one targets like ebay selling with those mega-super-alpha-master-reseller cpanel accounts with unlimited disk/bandwidth/accounts/etc, then you are doomed

Yeah when that $ 29/year alpha reseller turns into a $ 290 bill the first month one isn't going to be so upbeat...

https://lowendbox.com/blog/upbeat-hosting-new-alpha-resellers-unlimited-accounts-from-just-15-year-more-in-new-york/

• williewillie Member

donli said: BuyShared used CloudLinux (a paid product), LiteSpeed Web Server (a paid product), cPanel (a paid product).

It sounds to me like cpanel is biting them in the butt right now. Litespeed has cpanel-like unlimited domain pricing so it is maybe a manageable cost, though we'll see if that lasts. But, I still don't understand what it does that's so great, that couldn't be fairly straightforwardly replicated in some other httpd these days. I mean, reading apache config files, big whoop. And if they can change their pricing with no notice like cpanel did, that means they basically own your business if you use their product. I don't know the story of cloudlinux or how it could not be a GPL infringement so ok, maybe you are onto something with that one.

every one saying every things but not pressing on amending the selling rules

shouldn't that be amended 1st than other threads be floated