Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Coming soon: Jarpanel.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@deank said:
    No set cost. It now depends on how many accounts you have.

Meaning smaller (cheap) accounts worth less.

Not exactly. You can't pay for only 1 cPanel account (0,20$). You have to atleast pick the lowest plan and pay 20$/mo for 5. So f*ck "flexible".

Thanked by 2taubin smaart
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I hope everyone will switch to alternative solutions and boycott the cPanel as they simply become greedy.

Thanked by 3Ympker lazyt commercial
  • Time for everyone to move to lxadmin. :smile:

@Ympker said:
    Not exactly. You can't pay for only 1 cPanel account (0,20$). You have to atleast pick the lowest plan and pay 20$/mo for 5. So f*ck "flexible".

Well, worse then.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    I don't know exactly what I'm going to do in response, but cPanel most certainly burned this bridge today. This is an increase of over $11,000 per year for me. I'm running a small business and trying to grow it, they've decided that they want my profit that could be used to grow it.

It's their right, it's their product, but the fallout is our right.

If you haven't tried them Interworx and DirectAdmin are actually really good. I had some issues with the Interworx API but their devs were super responsive and helpful. I always hated DA's theme but they revamped it a few months back and it's much better than cPanel's IMO. The only downside to both are from a public perspective they both look inactive even though I still get updates once in a while for bug fixes. They both really need to turn off their forums though because it makes both projects look dead.

Thanked by 4jar Ympker lazyt leyton
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

AlwaysSkint said: This is not good for lowend, lowcost hosting providers such as myself, unless per cPanel Accounts are extremely cheap. Think in the order of 12 customers per server.

Hosting generally has gotten really cheap, I guess direct admin are having a party right now.

If this new cpanel pricing is going to happen for real, its 101% sure directadmin will follow and come up with some genius pricing scheme aswell :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@desfire said:
    Have they really said is to reduce the load on servers? I have 1,000 sites on a dedicated and the current load average is 2.10 on a 24 cores server. You could also have just one and load averages be quite high

That's what it sounds like to me.

Will I see any benefits from this updated pricing structure?
    Yes. By continuing to refine cPanel's focus on the user experience and taking into consideration cPanel Account density per instance, cPanel Partners and customers will be able to provision their hosting infrastructure more effectively.

Customers with a lower cPanel Account density will also see benefits in performance, resource utilization, and in some cases, a reduction in their invoicing as well.

• There are about to be alot of Deadpool’d hosting providers.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Allow me to translate CPanel's message.

We raise our price cuz we can. What are ya gonna do? Now, pull down your pants and bend over. Oh, and lube will cost extra if you wish.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

KuJoe said: If you haven't tried them Interworx and DirectAdmin are actually really good. I had some issues with the Interworx API but their devs were super responsive and helpful. I always hated DA's theme but they revamped it a few months back and it's much better than cPanel's IMO. The only downside to both are from a public perspective they both look inactive even though I still get updates once in a while for bug fixes. They both really need to turn off their forums though because it makes both projects look dead.

Thanks! Heavily eyeing DA while I take all of this in.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Uh, they got a Discord channel... i wonder....
    https://go.cpanel.net/discord

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

For what it's worth and anyone interested: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770337&p=10153581

• FoulFoul Member

Ympker said: Not exactly. You can't pay for only 1 cPanel account (0,20$). You have to atleast pick the lowest plan and pay 20$/mo for 5. So f*ck "flexible".

If you read it correctly.

The first 2 are for CLOUD only and METAL (Dedicated) is $45 min.

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited June 2019

cPanel users right now:

@Host4Geeks said:
    For what it's worth and anyone interested: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770337&p=10153581

Thats not going to happen from now to then.
    Since they pulled out the dirty move to switch instant, will take some time before some good script is there to migrate stuff.

"No, existing monthly licenses see the new pricing September 1st. "

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This will be end of shared hosting very soon ... end is neigh finally

Yeeeeeah, today is my field day, dudes.

• The time to reinvent the wheel.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Neoon said:
    Uh, they got a Discord channel... i wonder....
    https://go.cpanel.net/discord

They have a channel called #horrorstories :smile:

Thanked by 1taubin
  • desfiredesfire Member
    edited June 2019

@Host4Geeks said:

Interworx (which is pretty good) already has that option: https://www.interworx.com/support/faq/import-interworx-hosting-accounts/

nvm.. they meant change a whole server to directadmin, I think that would be almost impossible..

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Thank you cPanel for the major investment we're about to see flow from large hosting providers directly into open source web hosting panel projects :smile:

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Foul said:

Ympker said: Not exactly. You can't pay for only 1 cPanel account (0,20$). You have to atleast pick the lowest plan and pay 20$/mo for 5. So f*ck "flexible".

If you read it correctly.

The first 2 are for CLOUD only and METAL (Dedicated) is $45 min.

Still sux

• LimpanLimpan Member

Can't believe the stress you large providers are going through right now with this short notice. I guess there will be price increases for everyones shared/reseller hosting accounts in the near future.

Better get that DA lifetime license to work again quick on a Hetzner VPS and start moving clients.

Thanked by 2Ympker hostdare
  • I'm hoping that somehow mxroute would survive this thing. Migrating 80gb+ emails from mxroute's BF 15$yr plan to somewhere else is a nightmare

Thanked by 2Foul Unixfy
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

DA is looks better and simpler, but majority of add-ons developed for cPanel only, example: jet backup

• YmpkerYmpker Member

I planned on watching some comedy on Netflix today. Settled for cPanel discord and LET thread.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

how will people adsorb cost who have thousands of cpanel users through resellers ?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @hostdare said:
    how will people adsorb cost who have thousands of cpanel users through resellers ?

There will be mass cancelations from hosting provider side.