Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SoyouStart] No setup fee for 6/12 months commitment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SoyouStart] No setup fee for 6/12 months commitment

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited June 2019 in Providers

Hey LET,

Hope you re all doing fine :)

For your information, we released a new offer which give you no setup fee for any 6 / 12 months commitment on all SYS servers.

On SYS the commitment has to be paid upfront, in a single transaction only.

This offer can be cumulated with all other offers, including flash sale..

It will last 3 months minimum.

I would like to know what do you think about it ?

FYI: There will be new arrivals in SYS around Sept/Oct :)

Cheers !

Comments

• YuraYura Member

Sounds good to me

• akhfaakhfa Member

Seems good

• KS-9 is available. I already have one and don't need another. hope someone can take advantage of this.

Thanked by 1sritub
  • TheXOTheXO Member

6 months is too much imho, for quite long time setup was free, it attracted a lot of people, let's be honest most, if not all of the machines are connected and automatically deployed, why add a setup fee!?

• There is Flash Sale on KS-10 - https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml i5-2300 CPU, 2 TB HDD, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 100 mbps port, etc. for 13 Euro/month, reduced from 19 Euro/month.

Thanked by 3ehab sritub simor
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

JackH said: Dedicated Server rules

Offer thread rules apply.
    Only post offers that are under $84/month recurring.
    Only monthly offers allowed.
    No setup fees.

OVH assuming they don't need to pay any attention to the rules here as usual.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • vovlervovler Member

@AnthonySmith said:

JackH said: Dedicated Server rules

Offer thread rules apply.
    Only post offers that are under $84/month recurring.
    Only monthly offers allowed.
    No setup fees.

OVH assuming they don't need to pay any attention to the rules here as usual.

Technically it's not an offer. There is no link to any specific dedicated server

vovler said: Technically it's not an offer. There is no link to any specific dedicated server

That's just side stepping the rules, which they have been warned about in the past, I assume not a trend LET wants to encourage.

It is posted in offers, its an offer, if they posted this in general they would have been slapped down for it essentially being an offer, it is an offer.
    :)

• @AnthonySmith said:

vovler said: Technically it's not an offer. There is no link to any specific dedicated server

That's just side stepping the rules, which they have been warned about in the past, I assume not a trend LET wants to encourage.

It is posted in offers, its an offer, if they posted this in general they would have been slapped down for it essentially being an offer, it is an offer.

it's rly not an offer tho

• SirFoxy said: it's rly not an offer tho

It's an online advertisement to an offer. Totally different head.

Totally.

Thanked by 1pike

brilliant, I know how my next advert is going to look in the 'offers' section then, I will just be telling everyone what I can offer without mentioning prices, free setup!

• Still showing setup fee when selecting bi-annual

• @skorous said:

SirFoxy said: it's rly not an offer tho

It's an online advertisement to an offer. Totally different head.

Totally.

idk if I consider this an advertisement or a request for feedback if ur that 😠 then don't buy it lol it's not that srs

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

It's more an info for further commercial actions and a way to have feedbacks about it.

@greattomeetyou said:
    Still showing setup fee when selecting bi-annual

Where do you see this?

• vovlervovler Member

@AnthonySmith said:

So would you be happy if he posted a link to a monthly ARM-2T and mentioned the no setup fee later in the post?

it is what it is, the mods cant allow this and not allow what i am going to do next :)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • williewillie Member

Yeah it should have accompanied a specific monthly offer, where setup+monthly <= 84. If offer also says the setup fee is skipped on 6/12 month payment that is fine. Larger discount for 12 months than 6 would also be good of course.

• @fat32 Maybe move this to 'Providers'? It is an announcement after all.
    Let's not clutter up the offers category.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

As a suggestion, look to extend it across all billing cycles as SoYouStart servers are already connected to a datacenter and are simply automatically deployed once purchased (as they are passed down from OVH in most cases as newer hardware becomes available) making an additional cost like a setup fee somewhat unjustifiable. Also, some might not wish to commit to semi-annually/annually right away but they might end up keeping their server for the same amount time. However, are deciding to purchase elsewhere as it might be difficult to justify a setup fee when in some cases the server's per month cost is similar to the setup fee.