Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 3 cheap KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 3 cheap KVM

sonicsonic Veteran
edited June 2019 in Requests

Hi all,
I'm looking for cheap KVM. Specs requirements: 1vCPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, BW 200GB.
My budget: 15$/year/VPS.

Thanks!

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Any special locations?

• sonicsonic Veteran

@georgedatacenter said:
    Any special locations?

No. Any locations is OK.

• You can replace 5 individual VPS if you get a Smarthost 5KVM pool $69.5/yr or $6.95/mo. (includes 5 IPVv4)
    You can deploy in all their available DCs.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2987614/#Comment_2987614

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

vimalware said: Smarthost 5KVM pool $69.5/yr

is definitely a nice deal but ... adding 1 more GB ram at $2 per month, and 10 GB SSD also at $2 per month (?) (to get total 3 GB ram / 60 GB SSD to make 3 VPS with 1 GB / 20 GB each) - is going to go way over OP's budget of total $45 per year (also will leave some bandwidth and CPU on the table with that particular package.)

@sonic seems to have been around for a long while so I'm guessing might know the market a bit better than I do. Still have to wonder - how did you come up with $15 a year as a budget for those specs ...? (Seems not easily sustainable to me - generally speaking would expect to get 512 MB or less RAM with KVM priced around $20 per year)

Might note that @AnthonySmith did recently entertain a special deal at €15 per year for similar specs in London - but only for quantities of 10 or more. (Price for 5+ would be €18/yr each.) Not sure if they're looking to extend this offer outside of the nerdvittles thread, but there it is. (No good deed shall go unpunished I suppose :))

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

@uptime said:

vimalware said: Smarthost 5KVM pool $69.5/yr

.. going to go way over OP's budget of total $45 per year

I'm hoping OP gets the hint.
    From post history, @sonic is often looking out for new geo-locations.
    I think s/he they will find some use for that pool somewhere :).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@vimalware thanks, I see. Definitely have noticed a few locations from SmartHost that I haven't seen offered on LET before - Boston and Colorado for example. Good stuff.