Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup bulletproofhosting using cPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to setup bulletproofhosting using cPanel?

edited June 2019 in Help

Hi, i would like to offer high protection Anti DDoS using cPanel with nginx and provide DNS that does not show the IP's or hides everything, it would be similar to ($cloudlayarDOTcom$)

This has been requested by a client with some large traffic websites, and i want to make sure i do not mess this up. Hiring someone to do it for me is not an option. I would appreciate any helpful advice from people who want to actually help me get this setup.

Engintron is what i use now with cPanel works really well. Will be making a new VPS for this or might need 2 VPS's 1 for the DNS server. Instead of using cPanel (Webuzo) (CentosWebPanel) are also options and if you have a different opinion please provide your preferred setup here.

From reading this post you will know i am capable of setting this up but finding the right tutorial to do this is very difficult. The reason i am posting this is to find an easy tutorial on how to set up a bulletproof style of hosting. Links to a tutorial would be great but providing the tutorial from members of this forum would surely be the best tutorial.

Please do not ask to go to PM if people search for the same thing they will be able to find the tutorial here.

Please make your replies easy to understand for people searching for this kind of tutorial using Google.

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

If you need a 'tutorial' for this, you should not be doing it commercially.

And your post generally shows a lack of understanding of things; "DNS that does not show the IPs" is not a thing, for example. This is not going to end well for anybody involved.

• Looks like some kind of sophisticated spam...

websitehostingvps said: you will know i am capable of setting this up

websitehostingvps said: finding the right tutorial to do this

Why do you need a tutotial if you are "capable of setting this up"?

Anyway you can't magically hide all IPs. You'll have to find a provider that accepts your shady activity at some point.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

You say hiring someone is not an option.

I'd say hiring someone is the only option in this case. Tutorials and bulletproof hosting never go down well.

It's like trying to learn to be a doctor in a few days to perform a major surgery.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Don't listen to the Nay-Sayers. They are all just frustrated bitches. Kevlar is what you need. Lots of Kevlar. And IP Selekter OK. Thank me later, Debian. Thx.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

Please consider these options:

1. Get some 3/4" thick ceramic plates to wrap up your server. If you choose this solution, however, you'll have to deal with high weight which may leave the VM slow and cPanel unresponsive;

2. Use a 1/4" thick ballistic steel plate around the server. Be advised that this type of armor may not withstand a 5.56mm rifle shot, leaving your cPanel unprotected;

3. Fiberglass, arranged in multiple layers, seems to be the best solution for your case. If someone shoots at your VM, the bullet needs to drill each layer individually, resulting in loss of energy and making it difficult to break the next layer. However, be careful not to overheat the server. Make small holes in the fiber so cPanel can breathe.

And, most important my man, never ever forget your cPanel SELECTER outside the armor.

Please don't PM. Please don't search here Google. Tks.

• HurleyHurley Member

Hetzner.

• So no one knows how to do this here? I explained what i need and the 1st 5 replies are very childish.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@datanoise said:
    Looks like some kind of sophisticated spam...

websitehostingvps said: you will know i am capable of setting this up

websitehostingvps said: finding the right tutorial to do this

Why do you need a tutotial if you are "capable of setting this up"?

because he thinks "able to follow a tutorial" = "capable of setting something up"

let me quote @Nekki

fucking millenials

@websitehostingvps said:
    Hi, i would like to offer high protection Anti DDoS using cPanel with nginx and provide DNS that does not show the IP's or hides everything, it would be similar to ($cloudlayarDOTcom$)

This has been requested by a client with some large traffic websites, and i want to make sure i do not mess this up. Hiring someone to do it for me is not an option. I would appreciate any helpful advice from people who want to actually help me get this setup.

Engintron is what i use now with cPanel works really well. Will be making a new VPS for this or might need 2 VPS's 1 for the DNS server. Instead of using cPanel (Webuzo) (CentosWebPanel) are also options and if you have a different opinion please provide your preferred setup here.

From reading this post you will know i am capable of setting this up but finding the right tutorial to do this is very difficult. The reason i am posting this is to find an easy tutorial on how to set up a bulletproof style of hosting. Links to a tutorial would be great but providing the tutorial from members of this forum would surely be the best tutorial.

Please do not ask to go to PM if people search for the same thing they will be able to find the tutorial here.

Please make your replies easy to understand for people searching for this kind of tutorial using Google.

Quoting to save this post. This will backfire on you later, probably.

Thanked by 3ITLabs AlwaysSkint MrH
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

He wants to pull the most profit out of it, by doing it by "himself" and someone to get that tutorial delivered for free.

If you offer $$$ or hire someone, it may be more positive.

Thanked by 1websitehostingvps
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@websitehostingvps said:
    So no one knows how to do this here? I explained what i need and the 1st 5 replies are very childish.

Go with #4 and get some kevlar 3.6 roentgen and Debian squeeze.

• Information should be shared freely to help everyone not just me and my customers. This why people like Snowden are in prison.

• imyunoimyuno Member

Keeps getting better..

Thanked by 1MrH
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So you want someone to tell you what buttons to press and you do not care about understanding what they do, ok.

Press Alt+F4

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@websitehostingvps said:
    Information should be shared freely to help everyone not just me and my customers. This why people like Snowden are in prison.

And information is shared freely, just not in this context. This comment says it best:

@deank said:

It's like trying to learn to be a doctor in a few days to perform a major surgery.

Running a setup like this is not trivial. It requires you to understand your tools and infrastructure in-depth, to understand how to threat-model, what the economics are, the business dynamics of it, and so on. This is not something you can just pick up from a quick tutorial.

You are out of your depth here. People aren't giving you answers because doing so would be like giving a toddler a loaded gun; there's 0.00% chance of it ending well, and somebody's gonna end up shot.

If you change your approach to show that you're interested in genuinely taking the time to learn all the details of doing something like this, you'll likely find that people are happy to share their knowledge and pointers. But asking for a tutorial or free help on which buttons to push so that you can deliver it next week? Not gonna happen.

If you need to deliver this to a client soon, hire somebody who understands this business already. Either that, or tell your client that you can't actually deliver this any time soon. Those are the only two options that aren't going to end in tears.

• Yes information should be shared but information on its own is a very powerful thing. When it falls into the wrong hands bad things happen. When information is combined with knowledge good things tend to happen.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    So you want someone to tell you what buttons to press and you do not care about understanding what they do, ok.

Press Alt+F4

I think @FlamesRunner has a link to the tutorial in question in his signature...

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

websitehostingvps said: the 1st 5 replies are very childish.

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, OLD MAN?

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Hmmm..... "High traffic sites...that hide all DNS and IPs..."...? Sounds very suspicious and shady. What exactly is the concern? See where the site is hosted/location/so it doesn't get hacked? Then this would sound more like they don't know how to secure the site and/or server. If done correctly, hiding IP/DNS info shouldn't be a concern. Unless....

• @Falzo

Indeed :)

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

oneilonline said: Unless....

Unless there are bullets involved!

That being said, the real answer ain't that hard, @Amitz gave you a great hint:

Amitz said: IP Selekter OK.

IP SELEKTER OK + PHP SELEKETER OK = BULLETPROOF HOSTING FTW (unless you don't need php 5.2?)

• Not that you need to know but the customer's websites are political like those conspiracy sorts of sites, they are not illegal in any country either. So if no one will provide a tutorial here please pm. It would be better for everyone to provide the information here.

edited June 2019

I will tell you this.

This is not a "setup and forget" type of stuff. It will require your attention often as you need wits to counter changing environment.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

To late for preparation for summer host as summer is here so you are loosing millions of dollars per minute!

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2019

This may not be something you want to do with cpanel. Assuming you are just confused and not trying to do illegal shit, the keyword you are looking for is high availability (google to find tutorials). That's what you need to be 'bulletproof' in the sense that you have 100% uptime. If your websites are that controversial and get a lot of ddos attacks, depending on how big the attacks are, you may need different solutions. Most likely you aren't receiving big attacks, so you can either use cloudflare or nginx (on a ddos protected vps) as a reverse proxy.

• smallbibi said: This may not be something you want to do with cpanel. Assuming you are just confused and not trying to do illegal shit, the keyword you are looking for is high availability (google to find tutorials). That's what you need to be 'bulletproof' in the sense that you have 100% uptime. If your websites are that controversial and get a lot of ddos attacks, depending on how big the attacks are, you may need different solutions. Most likely you aren't receiving big attacks, so you can either use cloudflare or nginx (on a ddos protected vps) as a reverse proxy.

I think this is the only normal reply so far, thank you for sharing.

• smallbibi said: Most likely you aren't receiving big attacks

We get maybe 1 small ddos attack every few months very rare.

Ehm, no, that's not "very rare". That's frequent.

• Cloudflare.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

websitehostingvps said: Not that you need to know but the customer's websites are political like those conspiracy sorts of sites, they are not illegal in any country either.

Depends on the content. For example, if they have neo-nazi content, incite terrorism or stuff stuff, they might be illegal in quite few countries actually.