Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS in China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS in China

Hi all, I'm looking for a cheap VPS in China. Yes you read right, I need one inside the GFW.

I actually just need it to run a VPN so that I can stream stuff on chinese video sites when I'm outside the GFW.

Comments

• omelasomelas Member

I don't think you need one. Does GFW block inbound traffic at all?

• If you are only looking to stream videos from Chinese video sites, several of my Asian friends use a Chrome plugin called Unblock Youku and it works fine.

• ByteByte Member

TorGuard used to have Mainland China servers until around late 2018. Perhaps there's a VPN that still maintains Mainland China servers?

• @omelas said:
    I don't think you need one. Does GFW block inbound traffic at all?

Most of the content are blocked when they originate from non chinese IPs.

@dedipromo said:
    If you are only looking to stream videos from Chinese video sites, several of my Asian friends use a Chrome plugin called Unblock Youku and it works fine.

Thanks mate. I'll have a look and see if it works. Actually I do need one that works on mobile.

@Byte said:
    TorGuard used to have Mainland China servers until around late 2018. Perhaps there's a VPN that still maintains Mainland China servers?

Unfortunately TorGuard removed its China servers. I have 2 VPNs with chinese servers but they don't work with video streaming. I guess I still need a VPS to run a dedicated Shadowsocks server.