Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPAD's VPS Migration ! How is your feedback now ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPAD's VPS Migration ! How is your feedback now ?

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Node ~ LA2 still Down ! How can we expect more when there's no announcement what's going on the Node, is it Earthquake/Hurricane/Something Else ? whatever !

• They seem to be more interested in posting on Facebook than fixing their issues..

Bunch of cock heads if you ask me.

• la2 up again:
    The Node your VPS was on suffered a Hardware issue. The issue has been resolved and the server is booting. your VPS should be back online within the next 30 min.

@sandoz said:
    la2 up again:
    The Node your VPS was on suffered a Hardware issue. The issue has been resolved and the server is booting. your VPS should be back online within the next 30 min.

It's been 47 Minutes, still no change ! Strange !

• ehostlab said: It's been 47 Minutes, still no change ! Strange !

Everyone's vps's appear to be online, reply to my pm with your ticket ID and I will take alook into it for you.

@ChrisMiller said:
    Everyone's vps's appear to be online, reply to my pm with your ticket ID and I will take alook into it for you.

Replied with Details, waiting for reply.

@ChrisMiller said:

Hi,
    It didn't boot up automatically. I commanded to boot and it's now online :) Thanks

• Mine is working now, thanks @ChrisMiller

• Now i/o speed at Node LA2 Back Online

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.09607 seconds, 133 MB/s

• Heh I got this after it was an apparent "power outage"

Hello,

>

We deeply apologies for the >inconvenience caused, as there was >some issue with the RAM we had >brought down the node to check and >replace the RAM to make sure that it >works fine without any issues.

>

Now everything has been restored >back and we believe there wont be >any issue further.

They need to get their story straight ffs.

• skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited November 2013

-bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory -bash-4.1#

Well then... @ChrisMiller this is the second time with this error, what's up?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited November 2013

I was told the slow network as due to limiting for migration transfers.. Now this..

Hello,

>

We do understand your concern on >this matter, but we are still trying to >stabilize everything since after >migration. We are working on the >network part so as to make it bit faster.

So this wouldn't be a limit on my VPS it would be a network issue.

• Does anyone notice their network issue between their locations?
    Packets LA <--> Houston are blackholed.

• @skybucks100 said:
    -bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory -bash-4.1#

Well then... ChrisMiller this is the second time with this error, what's up?

They incredibly fail at overselling RAM and disk, RootLevelTech are a bunch of jokers with money

• The system seems unreliable, see quite a few reboot recently.> @Frost said:

They incredibly fail at overselling RAM and disk, RootLevelTech are a bunch of jokers with money

Encountered once, got resolved in almost 12 hours, restarted twice.

• @cause said:
    Does anyone notice their network issue between their locations?
    Packets LA <--> Houston are blackholed.

I do notice that routes are missing to some destinations sometimes at LA location. I have intermittent issues when trying to connect to some of my ramnode vm's, sometimes there is a route, sometimes there is no route at all. Other than that, this vps that I am on is pretty rockin for the price. Good speeds.

Thanked by 1cause
  • I must say, that their nodes in L.A have one of the fastest ping to Japan, similar to Terafire.

Ticket Opened on 10/30/2013 01:21 PM Still Waiting for Reply.

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2013

Why do my LA IPs geolocate to CAN? Very odd. Also interesting that there's a huge discrepancy between the specs of the two VPS.

Since it's useless for me to have two VPS in the same area, I want to cancel one, but can't decide which one. The one on LA2 already has some instance of OpenVPN installed and some other files on it. The VPS are almost perpetually idle, but I connect once in a long while to SSH tunnel/VPN. Help?

root@LA2:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  1999.938 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 768 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   1 day, 46 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 80.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 12.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 31.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.03MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 4.62MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.69MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 44.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 75.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 15.1MB/s
    I/O speed :  40.5 MB/s

root@Houston5:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2001.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 768 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   2 days, 21:18,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 9.94MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 8.90MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.96MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.41MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.50MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.63MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.10MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.42MB/s
    I/O speed :  108 MB/s

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Tough choice, one has bad io another bad network.
    I usually need network so I would go for the LA one but it depends on many things.
    BTW, Houston=/=LA.

• Maounique said: Tough choice, one has bad io another bad network.

I usually need network so I would go for the LA one but it depends on many things.
    BTW, Houston=/=LA.

I understand that Houston != LA, but their email (iirc) said that my overseas VPS with them would be transferred to LA. Regardless, both of the VPS IPs (including my VPS in LA whose IP has not changed with the migration) geolocate to Eastern Canada for some reason :s.

• I had a server migrated over a week ago, I still have a ssh login to the old server, as well as the new one.

• As long as Chris could handle, it was great service.
    Based on what I experienced after migration, Luis did not know how to traceroute, how to update SolusVM (hostname and internal db issue), how to sync clock with ntpd (one vps has offset 25000sec). what are next?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@cause said:
    As long as Chris could handle, it was great service.
    Based on what I experienced after migration, Luis did not know how to traceroute, how to update SolusVM (hostname and internal db issue), how to sync clock with ntpd (one vps has offset 25000sec). what are next?

@cause give "Luis" a chance. I do not know him/her, but you know, in a migration this big, it is usually all hands on deck. Sometimes you have to put the average Joe behind a computer screen and just tell them to do what they normally do on the service counter, but using text. People deserve chances, Rome was never built in a day :)

• Migration did not go well for us.

Several of my VPS were migrated as per announcement a few weeks ago. However, I didn't get any emails advising us of the migration. This was due to the fact that the emails they were sending did not come from their ticket system and the IP address they came from had no RDNS, so our mail server rejects all emails that have no FQDN.

• Another quirky side-effect.

One of our VPS was migrated to another node and thus we had been issued a new IP address. This machine sends daily logwatch reports.

All seemed ok for a week or two but then I noticed I was receiving two logwatch reports. The old VPS came back to life with the old IP address.

Not cool ...

• It took a long long time but Rome was built, by who learned engineering like how we learned sysops. Who cannot google known howto then ignore tickets will be a mature?

• Any clue how many days it takes for a ticket to be acknowledged?

edited November 2013

@texteditor said:
    Any clue how many days it takes for a ticket to be acknowledged?

I have opened a ticket on 30th October, still no one replied in it. :D

• ehostlab said: I have opened a ticket on 30th November, still no one replied in it. :D

Time machine?