Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5+ VPSs - 1GB ram/1 CPU - shared IP ok
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5+ VPSs - 1GB ram/1 CPU - shared IP ok

Looking for a couple of VPSs to run Chrome during business hours for QA / browser testing (think Browserstack). All traffic will be directed at 4 specific IPs so you can block traffic to the general Internet if you want (actually that would be preferred).

Therefore all VPS can share 1 NAT IP if it lowers the cost. Bandwidth is trivially low, maybe 10GB a month in total. 10GB disk is fine per VPS.

Currently using preemptible Google VMs which come in at about $5/mo/ea.

If anyone has spare capacity and thinks they would like to take this on, let me know. Capacity requirements will grow as we scale.

Comments

• You can try @anyNode - $12/yr ovz7, 4x of them - $48/yr, still lower than the price you get from google for 1/yr. And dedicated IPs.

Thanked by 2danielhm anyNode
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Resource Pool:
    OpenVZ Resource Pool: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=182
    KVM Resource Pool: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=180

Meets your specs, with public IPs, and destroys your current pricing. ;-)

• BopieBopie Member

So these need to be windows or Linux?

• uptimeuptime Member

SmartHost said: Meets your specs

hi, can you confirm add-on pricing (for the KVM pool?

just assuming at $2 per GB it would be another $6 monthly to add 3 GB of ram (on top of the 2 GB already included in the resource pool)

Another question - how to create an instance with 2 or more cores from a resource pool (I'm not seeing core count in the solusvm interface - I'm guessing might require a ticket if it's possible to arrange?)

• @SmartHost said:
    Resource Pool:
    OpenVZ Resource Pool: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=182
    KVM Resource Pool: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=180

Meets your specs, with public IPs, and destroys your current pricing. ;-)

Just ordered now that you made that link public ;) Was a tough choice between KVM and VZ but the RAM undoubtedly goes further with VZ lol

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@uptime said:

SmartHost said: Meets your specs

hi, can you confirm add-on pricing (for the KVM pool?

Pricing on order links pretty self-explanatory...lets you modify resources in a customized fashion...not predefined packages only. (not meant to be sarcastic...just clarifying this design...).

just assuming at $2 per GB it would be another $6 monthly to add 3 GB of ram (on top of the 2 GB already included in the resource pool)

Correct.

Another question - how to create an instance with 2 or more cores from a resource pool (I'm not seeing core count in the solusvm interface - I'm guessing might require a ticket if it's possible to arrange?)

Unfortunately, that is a limitation of the software product used for this, and is one resource we cannot allow users to control "yet". We hope it is added in future software update releases. In the meantime it is hard set for each VPS created to one vCPU. You may open a ticket to request that be increased for an individual VPS, and we will do so at a reasonable level, and being fair to whatever resource bundle size you are purchasing. If it is abused, we may have to set policy on it, based on overall spend equaling certain levels of vCPU per pool. Buying the base plan, and asking for 2/5 VPS to be upgraded to 2 vCPU, or 1/5 VPS to 4 vCPU is reasonable...and then something proportionally equivalent based the overall dollar spend on your pool for larger purchases. Be reasonable and fair, and we will do the same..until this is technically implemented in an automated fashion. :-)

• I caved and got a KVM pool too.. lol

• damn it this resource pool concept is neat and priced well..

• uptimeuptime Member

@SmartHost thanks for the rundown, sounds great.

Pretty nice deal all around I think, not too crazy but even just as a 5 KVM package for under $7 definitely scratches an itch pricewise. Then some extra flexibility / locations / quality potassiums to put it over the top. Well played!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @SmartHost which OS am I allowed to install on KVM pool? can windows be installed even if using QEMU?