Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Singapore vps for $2.5?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Singapore vps for $2.5?

I am looking for sg vps with 512mb ram SSD preferred. Main use is for dev web server, so almost not traffic at all, also occasional VPN, so connection must be good.

My budget is around $2.5

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

How about HostDoc? :)

https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing.html#sing 1.99 GBP = $2.5/m

It comes with 512MB RAM but only HDD

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @FAT32 said:

I am actually moving from host doc. It has been fine for a few months, but a the Last few weeks my VPN speed only 1 Mbps, and I can't even open my website. Even ssh into the server took full 1 minute.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 vimalware
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Usonyx have S$5 with 2GB/2Core VPS SSD lite. Download speed is fast, but not with upload speed.

• @yokowasis said:

@FAT32 said:

I am actually moving from host doc. It has been fine for a few months, but a the Last few weeks my VPN speed only 1 Mbps, and I can't even open my website. Even ssh into the server took full 1 minute.

Are u on the i7 node?

• There's one particular node in SG that has become ill, and will be undergoing surgery during the scheduled maintenance.

Afterwards everything should return to normal, the potassium premiumeter readings should increase to their former glory.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@MikeA has some SGs available. Not sure if he has one in your price range though. There's also @mikho's NAT VMs which are definitely in your price range and since he has a haproxy on front of it, you can do the web dev work. iirc the NATs are in OVZ7 so no OVZ6 BS

• I think his problem is OVH network. I had similiar problem then move mv vpn linode

• @cybertech said:

@yokowasis said:

@FAT32 said:

Are u on the i7 node?

No idea

@dahartigan said:
    There's one particular node in SG that has become ill, and will be undergoing surgery during the scheduled maintenance.

Afterwards everything should return to normal, the potassium premiumeter readings should increase to their former glory.

Let's hope that is really the case, but I can't take the chance. Better safe than sorry.

@sanvit said:
    @MikeA has some SGs available. Not sure if he has one in your price range though. There's also @mikho's NAT VMs which are definitely in your price range and since he has a haproxy on front of it, you can do the web dev work. iirc the NATs are in OVZ7 so no OVZ6 BS

I got the one with mikho, but it's very slow when using it as a VPN. That's why I move to hostdoc in the first place.

How much is @MikeA? If it's more than $5, I will go with DO.

@yokowasis said:

@FAT32 said:

Well, I am using it as a VPN, so that means it must have fast download and upload right?

• ExtraVM is $3.50 with SSD

• @corbpie said:
    ExtraVM is $3.50 with SSD

Fine by me. Any link?

• ehabehab Member

@dahartigan said:

you have been hanging around too much with the doctor.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • LvivLviv Member

use coupon on upcloud for $10 you will get +$25 ( with this aff ) and you will be fine for 7 months and then black friday comes

their SG DC is very good

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Lviv said: their SG DC is very good

Since you are getting $50 per each sign-up from your aff link, could you at least give us a test IP and IPv6 for Singapore? Otherwise there are a number of better signup codes, including $50: https://cloudsmatch.com/upcloud-promo-code-free-credit-coupon/

• FaiziFaizi Member

For $3.50/mo - Amazon Lightsail is another option.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

that'll be tree fiddy

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I have just seen this thread.
    @yokowasis did you reach out to us via ticket or live chat to investigate into the issue?
    As I hope you already know, with HostDoc, to mitigate the need to always need to submit a ticket or contact us when something is wrong, we allow you to see live stats of our host nodes health in real time to assist with troubleshooting e.g if you are not sure an issue is server side or your side.
    We display our IO wait as well as CPU usage and load at any time.

Thanked by 2vimalware ehab
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@HostDoc any updates on SG3? Curious how it performs after the maintenance

• @NanoG6 said:

Saw an announcement that it's postponed due to family. Been a rather long wait but family should come first.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @NanoG6 said:

I don't know whether it has finished maintenance, but the performance still the same.

• @NanoG6 said:

Unfortunately, had something come up yesterday that is still ongoing so it has been postponed until a better Window is available.
    Performance on SG3 is good,we just noticed a few intermittent blips that need to be addressed but not critical hence the 3 week notice.

@yokowasis said:

@NanoG6 said:

I don't know whether it has finished maintenance, but the performance still the same.

Have you contacted us yet?
    I am very curious as to what node you are on as SG3 is not that bad so if you could help me help you (and others) I would really appreciate it.

• @HostDoc do you have another DC beside OVH on singapore?

• @sibaper said:
    @HostDoc do you have another DC beside OVH on singapore?

Not at this time, but Tokyo may come up next in APAC with a different provider.
    Anything outside of OVH would be much more expensive than we currently offer in SG or APAC.

Thanked by 2sibaper sanvit
  • @HostDoc said:

@NanoG6 said:

Unfortunately, had something come up yesterday that is still ongoing so it has been postponed until a better Window is available.
    Performance on SG3 is good,we just noticed a few intermittent blips that need to be addressed but not critical hence the 3 week notice.

@yokowasis said:

@NanoG6 said:

I am very curious as to what node you are on as SG3 is not that bad so if you could help me help you (and others) I would really appreciate it.

Yes, the reply is just standard customer service reply, you can do nothing but wait

• @yokowasis said:

@HostDoc said:

@NanoG6 said:

@yokowasis said:

@NanoG6 said:

Yes, the reply is just standard customer service reply, you can do nothing but wait

Please open a ticket and explaining the issues you have.
    I will be able to see the node you are on and move it forward from there.

Thanks

• sanvitsanvit Member

@HostDoc said:

@sibaper said:

Anything outside of OVH would be much more expensive than we currently offer in SG or APAC.

Would be very interested in tokyo. Any eta on it?

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited June 2019

If you want to consider an alternative to OVH network in Singapore.. I have been using HostUs

Using coupon "VPS15OFF" makes a 512MB /10GB SSD / 250GB bandwidth cost $4 a month.

Have been using 'em for a while as a VPN node and quite happy with the uptime and latency improvements from my residential line in Singapore.
    https://hostus.us/singapore-datacenter.html and LG

Shameless Aff link below:
    https://my.hostus.us/aff.php?aff=2260

• @sanvit said:

@HostDoc said:

@sibaper said:

Would be very interested in tokyo. Any eta on it?

There is no definate ETA yet as other locations are also being explored.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited June 2019

@HostDoc said:

I'm sorry Doc, but I guess the performance still far from good :(
    Last night I did an apt update just to test (again) on my idle 2core/4gb/nvme, I had to terminate the login because I don't have the patience to wait the package initialization (not installation) to complete. You really need to check the node thoroughly.