Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Autoinstall Wireguard Bash Scripts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Autoinstall Wireguard Bash Scripts

ofitofit Member

Hello guys!!! Can Wireguard be installed on OVZ6 and OVZ7?
Can someone recommend some Autoinstall Wireguard Bash Scripts for KVM and OVZ (if posible)?
What app with gui do you use on linux for Wireguard client?
Any other recommend for Wireguard are welcome...

Comments

• YuraYura Member

Angristan wrote one and it's not good. Read documentation and do it manually. It's like 2 config files and if script writes them for you something will break down and you are fucked.

Thanked by 3jackb ofit vimalware
  • OctetOctet Member
    edited June 2019

@Yura said:
    Angristan wrote one and it's not good. Read documentation and do it manually. It's like 2 config files and if script writes them for you something will break down and you are fucked.

Angristan's script explicitly says WIP. In the GitHub title line That means Work in Progress. It isn't finished yet and I don't think you can judge if it's good or bad yet.

• YuraYura Member

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

Angristan's script explicitly says WIP. In the GitHub title line That means Work in Progress. It isn't finished yet and I don't think you can judge if it's good or bad yet.

Please, check my signature to read about my TOS on what I can say is working or not.

• OctetOctet Member

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

Please, check my signature to read about my TOS on what I can say is working or not.

No.

• FennecFoxFennecFox Member
    edited June 2019

I've tried Angristan's script and it was pretty poor, you can try using this other script https://github.com/l-n-s/wireguard-install or using Algo (Which I use) but this will install extra fluff (IPSEC etc) not sure if there is a way to configure it to only use Wireguard. https://github.com/trailofbits/algo not sure if it'll work on ovz 6 / 7 though.

It'll be best for you to install it yourself, I needed IPSEC as well as Wireguard but installing Wireguard on a server is much easier than OpenVPN for example.

Thanked by 3Yura ofit vimalware
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

No.

Anything else you forbid me to do?

Look, @FennecFox is violating your laws and openly says that published and publically available script is not working for them. Can you let this to keep happening?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Yura said:

+1 on this. It takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what is meant to go where but once you understand it, the whole system makes more sense.

Thanked by 2Yura ofit
  • OctetOctet Member
    edited June 2019

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

No.

Look, @FennecFox is violating your laws and openly says that published and publically available script is not working for them. Can you let this to keep happening?

Good for you. The adults are talking now sweetie.

• @Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

No.

None of what you're saying is making sense.

I'm sorry

Thanked by 2Yura Octet
  • YuraYura Member

Too easy, too easy. I will get soft and cuddly.

Thanked by 1FennecFox
  • OctetOctet Member

@FennecFox said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

No.

I'm sorry

Posted> @FennecFox said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

No.

I'm sorry

Apology accepted.

• YuraYura Member

From a white knight to a pathetic mess in less than 30 minutes. @Octet got a single accomplishment in life to be proud of. 🍰

• OctetOctet Member

@Yura said:
    From a white knight to a pathetic mess in less than 30 minutes. @Octet got a single accomplishment in life to be proud of. 🍰

Thanks, you too.

• YuraYura Member

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

Thanks, you too.

I just pissed all over you, why are you thanking me? Did I unwillingly do what you enjoy? It will ruin my day, please say no.

• OctetOctet Member

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

Thanks, you too.

I just pissed all over you, why are you thanking me? Did I unwillingly do what you enjoy? It will ruin my day, please say no.

What am I going to do? Challenge you to fight IRL?

You got upset at a mild remark and you obviously are willing to invest more time into ducking this out on the internet than doing something more productive or useful. Your comment history is a long line of random attacks and harsh words.

I mean, you can kind of do whatever, piss on people, insult hosts, insinuate that some people are dumbasses. It's the internet, right? It doesn't really matter at the end of the day. But you're obviously a pretty dedicated person with nothing to do and not much going for them. You can't win against NEETs on the internet, and you probably shouldn't lest you trigger a mass shooting.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

@Octet said:

@Yura said:

Thanks, you too.

What am I going to do? Challenge you to fight IRL?

I wouldn't fight with a pee stinking person. It's not fun.

You got upset at a mild remark

You got upset at a mild remark that certain script is not a viable solution just yet and I advise to config manually. You don't need a better memory, the timeline is in the thread.

and you obviously are willing to invest more time into ducking this out on the internet than doing something more productive or useful.

More projection. Keep going, keep writing that productive bullshit apology you...

Your comment history is a long line of random attacks and harsh words.

Ouch, someone feels offended, we got a melting snowflake, Code red!

I mean, you can kind of do whatever, piss on people, insult hosts, insinuate that some people are dumbasses.

So far, so good. Let's see if you will insinuate people in the next sentence or two. Could it happen?

But you're obviously a pretty dedicated person with nothing to do and not much going for them. You can't win against NEETs on the internet, and you probably shouldn't lest you trigger a mass shooting.

Bravo! That felt good, right? You went on a long-winded explanation how some people have nothing else to do than insult other people and their abilities only to call me and whoever else as NEET with "nothing to do and not much going for them."

Why did I take my time to highlight all your hypocrisy, because I believe it will help you see what you did? No, I'm not so optimistic. I'm just having fun with a couple of good people on this forum. Thanks for entertaining me.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Wireguard is easy, of course if you INTERCONNECT all your machines, a script would be good.
    I could not find one yet but its not hard to bake one.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • noamannoaman Member

@ofit said:
    Hello guys!!! Can Wireguard be installed on OVZ6 and OVZ7?
    Can someone recommend some Autoinstall Wireguard Bash Scripts for KVM and OVZ (if posible)?
    What app with gui do you use on linux for Wireguard client?
    Any other recommend for Wireguard are welcome...

Its better to go with KVM

As far as bash scripts... You could create one yourself ... One for server ....one for peer

Thanked by 1ofit
  • MrHMrH Member

Angristan's script just worked fine for me (KVM). Idk if it works in OVZ7, you will need a module that is not currently included in the kernel by default.

Thanked by 1ofit
  • You will need wireguard-go in order to make it work on ovz7.
    No automatic scripts though. Just a few extra minutes of reading on how to do it.

Thanked by 3skorous ofit vimalware
  • Please check swizzin script.

Their script comes with Wireguard auto installer.

Thanked by 1ofit
  • RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited June 2019

I don't think Wireguard works on OVZ6 at all. It works on kernel ≥3.10.

Thanked by 2ofit MrH
  • ofitofit Member

One more question: What speed i can get on Asus RT-AC56U if will use Wireguard? With openVPN i can get only about 20 - 25 Mbit/s.

• @ofit said:
    One more question: What speed i can get on Asus RT-AC56U if will use Wireguard? With openVPN i can get only about 20 - 25 Mbit/s.

Generally, due to the dual core CPU - id say around 200Mbps or so. If it has 2 threads as well, like the mt7621 CPU - you can likely go around 300Mbps.

Thanked by 2ofit vimalware
  • sadly no script works well.
    and there is no good step by step howto out there.

@hyperblast said:
    sadly no script works well.
    and there is no good step by step howto out there.

I have been planning on writing one - if I get round to it I will reply with a link.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • i found an old how-to i used 1y ago. maybe this can be a good template for a better how-to. maybe some important things to add?

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13645054/wireguard_how-to.pdf.html

• ofit said: OVZ6 and OVZ7

From the website:

WireGuard lives inside the Linux kernel means that secure networking can be very high-speed.

I don't think it will work on any shared kernel virtualization, because WireGuard tinkers with kernel. Haven't tried myself tho. Please take a look at tinc, it has slightly more overhead than wireguard, but it's by far more elastic and has automatic network discovery. Moreover it automagically can route traffic via interconnections if direct connection is not possible. I wrote an article how to set it up (check links in my signature) and I'm donating monthly to tinc. It's a great piece of software.

Thanked by 1RedSox
    edited June 2019

@MrPsycho said:

ofit said: OVZ6 and OVZ7

From the website:

WireGuard lives inside the Linux kernel means that secure networking can be very high-speed.

I don't think it will work on any shared kernel virtualization, because WireGuard tinkers with kernel. Haven't tried myself tho. Please take a look at tinc, it has slightly more overhead than wireguard, but it's by far more elastic and has automatic network discovery. Moreover it automagically can route traffic via interconnections if direct connection is not possible. I wrote an article how to set it up (check links in my signature) and I'm donating monthly to tinc. It's a great piece of software.

Wireguard has userspace binaries that work fine. This is what you use if you don't have root on Android for example. I've used both tinc and wireguard and my preference is wireguard.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
    edited June 2019

-snip- double post