Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - 48H Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - 48H Deals

RamiRami Member

I got an email from Online.net a few minutes ago, They are running a 48h Deals with discounts of up to 75% for 3 or 6 months on Dedibox dedicated servers in case anyone is interested
https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#anchor-start

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Only on the front page, its a visible 3 month deal, as soon you go to the order page.
    It lists it as regular offer, which is misleading but Online does not care.

• shilenoshileno Member
    edited June 2019

As is the Online service, compared to hetzner? (network, Uptime, hardware replacement)

I like this https://www.online.net/en/server-dedicated/core-5-s

• jamzedjamzed Member

@shileno said:
    As is the Online service, compared to hetzner? (network, Uptime, hardware replacement)

It doesn’t really matter if the provider increase price by 75% for special offer servers after 1 year of service prior to 1 month. ;-)

• defaultdefault Veteran

@shileno said:

It is never about the servers, but about the price. You can either see a bigger invoice because they simply decide to increase price all of a sudden (without consulting you), or you can get an announcement that the server is discontinued and it will be removed while giving you an offer more expensive. It's all about the money.

Run away from Scaleway/Online - you can't trust them.

Thanked by 2angelius NanoG6
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2019

Yura said: They can shove their 3 months deals back where it came from.

From the title I thought the discount itself now lasts for 48 hours only, and then there's the price hike.

Thanked by 3Shot2 Yura MasonR
  • level6level6 Member
    edited June 2019

@Yura said:
    They can shove their 3 months deals back where it came from.

Sir, thank you for your interest in online.net Dedibox dedicated servers.

Shall we put you down for 3 months?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

You can choose between 3 and 6 months of pain? I can't miss that!

• hzrhzr Member

They are a great provider uptime and server hardware wise for me. Unfortunately the random cancellation of entire product lines and overnight price quadrupling is unacceptable.

• I bet their support staff loves their marketing dept.

Thanked by 4sin FHR pike HostMantis
  • YuraYura Member

@rm_ said:

Yura said: They can shove their 3 months deals back where it came from.

From the title I thought the discount itself now lasts for 48 hours only, and then there's the price hike.

I can understand why would you thought so. IIRC, they hiked the prices not much later than their glorious CEO came here and said that no price hikes will happen. What a douchebag.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • RamiRami Member

I don't like the idea of 3-6 months offer as well but TBH if there were no setup fees I would grab one and cancel it later after the discount ends

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:
    I bet their support staff loves their marketing dept.

The good old Cat5-o'-tails. This is the OP:

Thanked by 2vimalware Aluminat
  • alvinalvin Member

Compared with the previous offers, this offer is not attractive unless the installation fee can be waived

• RamiRami Member

@FHR said:

@vimalware said:
    I bet their support staff loves their marketing dept.

The good old Cat5-o'-tails. This is the OP:

Silly.. I don't look like him at all.. he's more handsome :D
    Once more I said I don't like the offer but if there were no setup fees I would grab one for these 3 or 6 months

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Shitty marketing strategy.

• lol the opt-ins on the order page are so disgusting. they automatically check 'business service level (35 eur for a 35 eur / mo server?!) and their 750gb ftp backup option. Plus a goddamn 50 eur setup fee. grossssssssss.

• YuraYura Member

@nonissue said:
    lol the opt-ins on the order page are so disgusting. they automatically check 'business service level (35 eur for a 35 eur / mo server?!) and their 750gb ftp backup option. Plus a goddamn 50 eur setup fee. grossssssssss.

Marketing level: GoDaddy.

Thanked by 2vimalware webcraft
  • Yura said: Marketing level: GoDaddy.

Exactly. The problem is that most people don't run away when they see this (or i'd expect those company to learn and evolve).

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@datanoise said:

Yura said: Marketing level: GoDaddy.

Exactly. The problem is that most people don't run away when they see this (or i'd expect those company to learn and evolve).

This is what @AnthonySmith calls market's self-regulation. No rules needed.

So, let companies do as much shady marketing as they can get away with. If something doesn't bring money when people caught up? ok. If it works? keep milking suckers!

Thanked by 1default
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@Yura said:
    They can shove their 3 months deals back where it came from.

THIS with 15 thanks is what I call self regulation in the context of this community.

To much pansy hand holding going on and professionally offended people for this place to be anything but a shower of shit while it is deadlocked by the corruption of the owners.

It’s pretty sad that people don’t realise that the one thing allowing these scams to keep coming from the top is the price lock, even sadder that people think removing a price limit will do anything to put prices up, that is just not how it works.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • williewillie Member

nonissue said: business service level

You can opt out of that, or at least you could in the past.

• @willie said:

That's why I literally called them 'opt-ins' and said they were 'automatically checked'. Yes, you can change them. That's not the point.

• YuraYura Member

@nonissue said:

@willie said:

That's why I literally called them 'opt-ins' and said they were 'automatically checked'. Yes, you can change them. That's not the point.

Username doesn't check out.