Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a webhosting site that behaves like azure
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a webhosting site that behaves like azure

Azure is fluid. I can create an app in github, clone it to visual studio, develop a .NetCore app, upload to azure and pipeline the build to production.

Can i do any of that with any other webhosting site? If so please let me know? Azure is expensive for my needs.

I just like how deployment is so simple. With just soley github as my repository, is there any hosting site that can pull those changes and automatically build and deploy a .netcore app with angular?

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member

I think Google Cloud can automate builds with triggers. Perhaps not so "fluid" as Azure.

• Does Heroku suit your needs?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You are now enjoying a closed ecosystem of Azure with all the great and unique tools it can offer and paying the cost for it.

Just a good for thought.

Thanked by 2Falzo emgh
  • verjinverjin Member

@nebulae said:
    Does Heroku suit your needs?

nope

• verjinverjin Member

@Clouvider said:
    You are now enjoying a closed ecosystem of Azure with all the great and unique tools it can offer and paying the cost for it.

Just a good for thought.

Just like Apple :smile:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@verjin said:

@Clouvider said:

Just a good for thought.

Just like Apple :smile:

Yep, just like Apple. Good analogy.

I suppose you have three options, two of which are reasonable:

1) continue paying for Azure, if your project can justify/afford it.
    2) Make a compromise - resign from the unique toolkit to Azure and find something as close to it as possible, that will likely involve much more work your end.
    Least reasonable option 3) write your own toolkit that replicates Azure features on a generic cloud provider.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

AWS's Beanstalk comes to my mind.

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited June 2019

Use jenkins / gitlab CI as your pipeline tools, and use any server you like

your azure cost will become your effort to build your own pipeline manually.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: 3) write your own toolkit that replicates Azure features on a generic cloud provider.

3b) then package it as a WHM/cPanel plugin, license it and make a fortune.

Thanked by 2verjin emgh