Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

~350 GB Backup/Storage VPS [3.5$ per month max]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

~350 GB Backup/Storage VPS [3.5$ per month max]

Hi,

Any special offers/promo for backup/storage servers?
I would like like 350+ GB of storage (HDD is even more than fine), 486MB RAM and some processor power so I can run rsync? :) Oh and KVM or something that allow kernel modules - maybe some remote filesystem will be needed.

I can throw like 3.5$ per month (or annually if fits the budget).

Excluded: VirMach (not gonna backup VirMach to VirMach) and BuyVM (I don't like theirs policy about having account registered to the same e-mail as paypal, I use wildcard catch for a reason).

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do it for you custom on our new KVM LINUX STORAGE VPS service:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158248/smarthost-kvm-linux-storage-vps-only-6-95-month-w-1tb-only-5-1tb-added

It would just be half of the storage space, half the RAM...for half the price. :-)

Place the order regularly, don't pay yet, and PM us to adjust price/specs for you...then you can proceed to payment.

• verjinverjin Member

Why not using google drive? 2TB in less then $10 per month (I think).

• sanvitsanvit Member

@verjin said:
    Why not using google drive? 2TB in less then $10 per month (I think).

It's $9.99/m which is way higher than $3.5. And he also mentioned he needs KVM, because he needs some specific kernel modules

Thanked by 1verjin
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

I think you'll find that 5eur is the point at which the most value per TB is found.

That said, here's 500G for 3.5Eur/m(close enough?) and 1TB for 5EUR/m : https://alphavps.bg/clients/cart.php?gid=35

(not to be mistaken for the 💩 alph@racks)

• JabJabJabJab Member

vimalware said: That said, here's 500G for 3.5Eur/m(close enough?)

Unfortunately I need to pay 23% TAX here, so even if I would bite EURO instead of USD (for reputable provider, worth it!) the tax is a killer :(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

JabJab said: BuyVM (I don't like theirs policy about having account registered to the same e-mail as paypal, I use wildcard catch for a reason).

This is normally fine.

Karen will just ask that you add a contact to the system that has the actual paypal email set on it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1level6
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Can do this for $40/year in Utah.

• @Ishaq said:

I'm not OP but I would be interested in this or a similar plan!

• IshaqIshaq Member

@whiterabbit said:

@Ishaq said:

I'm not OP but I would be interested in this or a similar plan!

Let me know what you're looking for.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

To clarify our offer, half of our 1TB/1G $6.95 base plan we mentioned above would be 500GB SAS RAID-6 storage, 512MB RAM for $3.50/month or $35/year.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Francisco said: Karen will just ask that you add a contact to the system that has the actual paypal email set on it.

Never did last time, but maybe you changed the policy from that time.
    Now I decided to try again aaaaaaaaand everything is OOS. My luck :disappointed:

Any idea when you can have something added? SLAB+SLICE?

• FoulFoul Member
    edited June 2019

JabJab said: Any idea when you can have something added? SLAB+SLICE?

Check back on the 1st of july, and 7th.

1st is usually when cancellations stocks are added, and 7th when terminated stocks are added.

Stocks can change at any random times aswell, due to people doing immediate cancellations.