Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

2) As the business is a side business to my other job, it is currently being redeveloped still from it’s former ownership.

From your linked in https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-collishaw-06b607137/ :smile:

Team Member
    Company Name GASTRONOMY FOODS UK LIMITED
    Dates Employed Jul 2017 – Present
    Employment Duration 2 yrs
    Location Nottingham, United Kingdom

Working in an energetic environment, delivering the world's best product whilst ensuring of world class customer service and fast problem resolution; ensuring the customer walks out of the door satisfied.

GASTRONOMY FOODS UK LIMITED operates several KFC food franchises in the UK.
    Your "full time job" is "team member" at a UK KFC franchise, yes ?

Thanked by 1rcketscientist
  • edited June 2019

Correct.

@donli said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

2) As the business is a side business to my other job, it is currently being redeveloped still from it’s former ownership.

From your linked in https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-collishaw-06b607137/ :smile:

Team Member
    Company Name GASTRONOMY FOODS UK LIMITED
    Dates Employed Jul 2017 – Present
    Employment Duration 2 yrs
    Location Nottingham, United Kingdom

Working in an energetic environment, delivering the world's best product whilst ensuring of world class customer service and fast problem resolution; ensuring the customer walks out of the door satisfied.

GASTRONOMY FOODS UK LIMITED operates several KFC food franchises in the UK.
    Your "full time job" is "team member" at a UK KFC franchise, yes ?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @RZDHosting_Josh said:
    I was involved in emails involving customer dissatisfaction.

That would have been one hell of a job.

Can you hook me up with some free KFC?

Thanked by 1rcketscientist
  • @dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

It was tough in bits, but it was apart of my overall love for attempting to ensure all customers I dealt with were satisfied. Of course given the circumstances, it was very difficult.

Ha! If only.

• @RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

It was tough in bits, but it was apart of my overall love for attempting to ensure all customers I dealt with were satisfied. Of course given the circumstances, it was very difficult.

Ha! If only.

I could only imagine how stressful it would be, dealing only with negative emails and complaints. Especially when you aren't in an empowered position to really change things.

All the best with your new hosting endeavour, hopefully you take what you learned from AR and become successful and legit.

I'm going to PM you about that IPv6 offer.

• ranqranq Member

Hello @VirMach, I have purchased a $10 host with AlphaRacks in May 16, and after the thing, I purchased another host with you in May 21 and intent for more.

I don't want your kind package, but please DON'T end up like AlphaRacks. And that's good enough for me.

• LeviLevi Member

Overall: is this fiasco is bigger than GVH?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2019

@captainwasabi said:

Technically correct usage, the best kind of correct.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

Presumably, you refer to:

1. : in effect : virtually —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice— Norman Cousins

A poor bastardisation by millennials! These folks that can't spoke right. :p

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2019

RZDHosting_Josh said: This posting is for clarity, RZDHosting had been setup and running long before this incident and we are more than happy to accommodate any AlphaRacks customers, potentially fulfilling their remaining time on shared and VPS products with special packages being created — where our stocks last. My former employer, AlphaRacks has zero association with RZDHosting, (based in the UK). Drop an email to [email protected]. To further add to this, RZD Hosting is under UK legislation and therefore offers a 30 day money back guarantee on all purchases.

I have never been more serious, don't even fucking attempt to get a provider tag and start selling here! I will be in every thread following you around like a piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe. We don't need anymore scam operations taking advantage of the members here. So just FUCK OFF!

Stick around and chat, sure but the fact you are already starting to advertise like nothing happened puts a pretty shitty taste in my mouth.

If you think this community is just gonna let you guys all go other places then come back here and start the scam fest again from those new hosts, you're sadly mistaken!

• burbleburble Member

Currently, Infinian Solutions is a small business in the UK. Infinian.uk is an incomplete website and can confirm the office address for the business is Infinian Solutions,
    International House,
    12 Constance Street,
    London,
    E16 2DQ.

>

https://suite.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/e16-2dq
    https://goo.gl/maps/8ikvgA92WZSdMkhD7

Yeah, ok.

• StrypStryp Member

Bringing this back on topic: I received a full refund for an NFPHosting VPS service that was moved to AlphaRacks and then later shut down. I paid $8.89 for one year of 1GB RAM VPS, got around 2 months out of it, happily, could dispute, escalated to a claim, AlphaRacks responded something and PayPal approved it.

• one of my customers got caught in this and he had 1 week of downtime. he had to battle to regain a backup of each cpanel account.

• jfergjferg Member

@ranq said:
    Hello @VirMach, I have purchased a $10 host with AlphaRacks in May 16, and after the thing, I purchased another host with you in May 21 and intent for more.

I don't want your kind package, but please DON'T end up like AlphaRacks. And that's good enough for me.

I signed up for an account here just to echo @ranq. I've been using AlphaRacks for a couple of years but just for personal stuff, not business (it's often nice to have a box of my own to just stand stuff up on as I need to and run my kids' minecraft server. :lol:), so I'm not really out anything significant with the loss of AR. Since I'd been wanting to move some in-house hosted stuff, and was impressed by @VirMach's candidness in this thread, I went ahead and signed up for a dedicated server last night. I disputed my most recent AR charge with Citibank and it was an immediate refund, so I don't really want anything special from @VirMach, just wanted to say I appreciate the offer.

JF

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

LTniger said: Overall: is this fiasco is bigger than GVH?

Yes.

GVH was pumped and encouraged by CC et. al. That was during the IP craze where CC would do anything to get some names to send to ARIN to hoard more IPs.

I know this because while working at HVH before they were a CC cesspool, I requested a /26 for a single server. While scoping out bgp.he.net 2 days later, (7) new /24's were SWIP'd to Hudson Valley Host.

Someone even saw one of the IPs get applied to their Crissic instance. I mentoned it and soon the new (7) x /24 subnets were white-washed to 'ColoCrossing'

Fast forward to a time when IPs are no longer plentiful (unless you're an asshole scamming AFRINIC) and things are a bit different.

AlphaRacks was apparently ghost-owned and managed by 2 Quadranet Employees, while using a KFC worker in the UK as a front-man and director, also selling themselves dirt cheap servers under the guise of successful sales.

In addition to the non-competition clauses that were likely signed, from some IPs that sent AlphaRacks email (when the VyprVPN wasn't on) was sent from a server Colo'd at Quadranet. So that's probably time spent during work hours working on said company.

In addition to you have possible bonuses and employee compensation that was likely affected by these false sales "boss I rented 10 more servers" ! Meanwhile likely they are loss-leaders, near break even, or even at a loss... to their own company...

The fact that their front-man wasn't paid well and is still owed means he's not going to pretend to be the brainchild behind the company or have paid invoices. Josh was just a name on invoices and a cheap public face for the company I'm guessing. This also could ensue possible mail or wire fraud, depending on how "AlphaRacks" made payments, but I'm not gonna play armchair lawyer.

This confirms what I said, that the servers are under criminal investigation - that's why they can't magically boot them and possibly expose themselves to someone logging in and clearing wtmp, bash history, etc.

Thanked by 2level6 pepa65
  • @VirMach said:

Foul said: You were swindled. They did not issue a single damn refund to anybody at all.

Still don't get why you're going to allow them to make money off your sales.

I can't disclose how much money an affiliate is making, but I would imagine not many people if any at all would sign up from an e-mail like that. Let's just say I wouldn't worry about it too much? We just don't believe it would set a good precedent if we close an affiliate account for arbitrary reasons outside of terms of service. Once again, if anyone did receive this link in an unsolicited e-mail you can forward the evidence and we can take a look and make a different decision if necessary.

Allow me to translate this stuff that got pre-approved by some lawyers into something LET readers understand:

Virmach honors their affiliate policy towards Alpharacks because they cant just cancel it.

Now if someone were to report the emails they got as spam, then Virmach has a reason to cancel the alpharacks affiliate account.

So, if you dislike alpharacks and got the final email with the aff link AFTER trying to unsub from the list, report it to virmach and they can close the alpharacks aff account FOR A REASON.

tl;dr if you hate alpharacks tell virmach that the aff link was sent to you in a spam mail. Virmach will do the fucking of the alpharacks then.

Don't delay, report today.

Thanked by 2sanvit dedotatedwam
  • donlidonli Member

@Kris said:

LTniger said: Overall: is this fiasco is bigger than GVH?

Yes.

GVH was pumped and encouraged by CC et. al. That was during the IP craze where CC would do anything to get some names to send to ARIN to hoard more IPs.

I know this because while working at HVH before they were a CC cesspool, I requested a /26 for a single server. While scoping out bgp.he.net 2 days later, (7) new /24's were SWIP'd to Hudson Valley Host.

Someone even saw one of the IPs get applied to their Crissic instance. I mentoned it and soon the new (7) x /24 subnets were white-washed to 'ColoCrossing'

Fast forward to a time when IPs are no longer plentiful (unless you're an asshole scamming AFRINIC) and things are a bit different.

AlphaRacks was apparently ghost-owned and managed by 2 Quadranet Employees, while using a KFC worker in the UK as a front-man and director, also selling themselves dirt cheap servers under the guise of successful sales.

In addition to the non-competition clauses that were likely signed, from some IPs that sent AlphaRacks email (when the VyprVPN wasn't on) was sent from a server Colo'd at Quadranet. So that's probably time spent during work hours working on said company.

In addition to you have possible bonuses and employee compensation that was likely affected by these false sales "boss I rented 10 more servers" ! Meanwhile likely likely near break even or a loss loss... to their own company.

The fact that their front-man wasn't paid well and is still owed means he's not going to pretend to be the brainchild behind the company. The front man was just a name on invoices and the company I'm guessing. This also bodes bad for possible mail fraud, etc. but I'm not gonna play armchair lawyer.

At least this confirms what I said, that the servers are under criminal investigation - that's why they can't magically boot them and possibly expose themselves to someone logging in and clearing wtmp, bash history, etc.

So who is "Julian Jin" the "CEO", "Managing Director", "owner" of aracks ?

• donlidonli Member

Winston Smith has been busy - all alpharacks twitter posts have been disapeared.

@alpharacks hasn't Tweeted

When they do, their Tweets will show up here.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • After probably thousands of spam mails I got from them, how on earth did I manage not to get their closing down email?

Mission impossible accomplished!

• KrisKris Member

donli said: So who is "Julian Jin" the "CEO", "Managing Director", "owner" of aracks ?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@TheLinuxBug said:
    I have never been more serious, don't even fucking attempt to get a provider tag and start selling here! I will be in every thread following you around like a piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe. We don't need anymore scam operations taking advantage of the members here. So just FUCK OFF!

Stick around and chat, sure but the fact you are already starting to advertise like nothing happened puts a pretty shitty taste in my mouth.

If you think this community is just gonna let you guys all go other places then come back here and start the scam fest again from those new hosts, you're sadly mistaken!

I don't generally agree with the dude but I do this time.

I will echo his sentiment which is similar to mine here.

• KrisKris Member

donli said: Winston Smith has been busy - all alpharacks twitter posts have been disapeared.

Could have been one of his co-workers, Max Power or Ron Mexico.

• donlidonli Member

@Kris said:

donli said: So who is "Julian Jin" the "CEO", "Managing Director", "owner" of aracks ?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @captainwasabi said:

@TimboJones said:

Flagged for excessive incorrect use of "literally".

Technically correct usage, the best kind of correct.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

Things != nothing. You fail.

• pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited June 2019

VirMach said: Anyone who is hosted with them, if you can send me a private message

@VirMach I sent you a private message yesterday; does the offer still stand??

• @donli said:
    Winston Smith has been busy - all alpharacks twitter posts have been disapeared.

@alpharacks hasn't Tweeted

When they do, their Tweets will show up here.

Surely you meant the Ministry of Truth?

• xxtensazenxxxxtensazenxx Member
    edited June 2019

Just got an email from some host "pskhosting" offering to help ar refugees.... and they just happen to have the db for all AR customers... is this their new project? (Or home rather)
    Can past email when on pc

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@xxtensazenxx said:
    Just got an email from some host "pskhosting" offering to help ar refugees.... and they just happen to have the db for all AR customers... is this their new project? (Or home rather)
    Can past email when on pc

See this LET discussion:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158270/avoid-psk-hosting-psk-hosting-alpharacks-probably/p1

• papadockpapadock Member
    edited June 2019

I feel them. All their marketing strategies is not giving attraction after their make big mistake to destroy very important files or services to all customers.

If you are making mistake to choose AlphaRacks and you need stable and professional services I recommend the provider helping me so much after all tragedy I experienced from AlphaRacks.

BuyVM
    BuyShared
    Wishosting
    Servercheap

That’s the provider I stick to it and I’m lucky to found this 4 professional and uptime provider.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

Here is the PSK Hosting email's text:

Jun/14/2019

Hello,

We have been attempting to help customers migrate to us with free months of service. We noticed that customers are now struggling to obtain invoices through the Alpharacks website as it is now offline, so we were unable to validate customer pricing, duration of service remaining and some customers do not recall which plan they were on.

PSK Hosting is inviting those who have been impacted by the recent issues at Alpharacks to explore our rescue effort. As one of several providers contacted by Alpharacks, we have agreed to help affected former clients obtain reliable hosting services. We’ve obtained the client list from Alpharacks and have changed our initial affiliate agreement terms with them to better help former Alpharacks customers.

We cannot guarantee that we can fully match the previous rates Alpharacks were providing but we will be competitive. Please contact us if you do not a see a plan on our website that suits your needs.

You may use the same login you had previously used, or click here to request a new PSK Hosting login.

Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. We are here to help as best we can in this rescue effort.

Sincerely Yours,

============
    PSK Hosting Staff
    High Performance Hosting Solutions
    https://www.pskhosting.com/

DISCLAIMER: You are obtaining this email because you were a registered customer of AlphaRacks.com - this refugee program was created in effort to rescue customers. If you would like to unsubscribe from PSK Hosting’s emails, please click here in order to update your account’s email sending preferences or respond to this e-mail.