Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)

Comments

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@Ympker said:

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I've got both. I think Yegor said lifetime won't come back for WS.

I actually wouldn't see a reason to get Ivacy after getting WS. I also already have a paid provider for lifetime (maybe). I got in a free offering of a few free for life subs recurring every year. The guys are not that bad, I just needed Netflix and went for Ivacy.

I'm a VPN lifetime addict. I have Ivacy, Fastest, VPN Unlimited, R4AW VPN, Windscribe & Getflix lifetime VPN.

Which one you prefer or use often?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@NanoG6 said:

@Ympker said:

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I've got both. I think Yegor said lifetime won't come back for WS.

I actually wouldn't see a reason to get Ivacy after getting WS. I also already have a paid provider for lifetime (maybe). I got in a free offering of a few free for life subs recurring every year. The guys are not that bad, I just needed Netflix and went for Ivacy.

I'm a VPN lifetime addict. I have Ivacy, Fastest, VPN Unlimited, R4AW VPN, Windscribe & Getflix lifetime VPN.

Which one you prefer or use often?

Mostly Getflix SmartDNS on my home router as it's faster for streaming than VPN (no encryption). If VPN, then Windscribe.

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: Mostly Getflix SmartDNS on my home router as it's faster for streaming than VPN (no encryption). If VPN, then Windscribe.

is Getflix Lifetime still available? I heard it wasn't working on mobile devices. Does it work with UK and more or only US?

Thanks!

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: Mostly Getflix SmartDNS on my home router as it's faster for streaming than VPN (no encryption). If VPN, then Windscribe.

is Getflix Lifetime still available? I heard it wasn't working on mobile devices. Does it work with UK and more or only US?

Thanks!

I use their DNS on my router and my smartphone can watch Crunchyroll US. I have disabled Netflix US in Getflix dashboard so obviously it wouldn't work. When I want to use Netflix US I usually use the browser extension of Ivacy in my browser. Getflix lifetime is currently not available afaik, but it was recently offered again. So maybe wait a bit.

• Ympker said: They provide the infrastructure and their resellers can sell their products at whatever price they want.

Might be the case but IP addresses aren't the same, it could be that they rent servers from them (with a monthly fee) and rent their own machines from the same providers on some specific locations (part of the infra reselling, part of the infra their own).

Anyway dunno how performant this can be security wise. Probably far from perfect!

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@datanoise said:

Ympker said: They provide the infrastructure and their resellers can sell their products at whatever price they want.

Might be the case but IP addresses aren't the same, it could be that they rent servers from them (with a monthly fee) and rent their own machines from the same providers on some specific locations (part of the infra reselling, part of the infra their own).

Anyway dunno how performant this can be security wise. Probably far from perfect!

Nobody knows for sure except them I guess^^ As I said, the performance is good enough for everything that I want to do with it. At that price point I won't complain :)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Ympker said: At that price point I won't complain :)

Sure :wink:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: I use their DNS on my router and my smartphone can watch Crunchyroll US. I have disabled Netflix US in Getflix dashboard so obviously it wouldn't work. When I want to use Netflix US I usually use the browser extension of Ivacy in my browser. Getflix lifetime is currently not available afaik, but it was recently offered again. So maybe wait a bit.

Funnily enough I've not being able to use their extension on Chrome or Firefox. I can connect to the Netflix US or Netflix UK server, but it doesn't load any site (including Netflix)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I use their DNS on my router and my smartphone can watch Crunchyroll US. I have disabled Netflix US in Getflix dashboard so obviously it wouldn't work. When I want to use Netflix US I usually use the browser extension of Ivacy in my browser. Getflix lifetime is currently not available afaik, but it was recently offered again. So maybe wait a bit.

Funnily enough I've not being able to use their extension on Chrome or Firefox. I can connect to the Netflix US or Netflix UK server, but it doesn't load any site (including Netflix)

Hmm..odd..Try restarting the browser/pc

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: Hmm..odd..Try restarting the browser/pc

Yeah, still not working. I might open a ticket with them. They're quite responsive.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: Hmm..odd..Try restarting the browser/pc

Yeah, still not working. I might open a ticket with them. They're quite responsive.

Tried their live chat? :P

• Just FYI, Getflix lifetime is available at https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-3
    Use promo code FIREWORK15 to pay it $41.65

As a warning: Getflix lifetime with Netflix US is only compatible with browsers (no mobile/TV devices). Also, Getflix lifetime with Netflix US is slower than paying for it monthly (they use different networks).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

I still don't understand how getflix works, so I just need to change my DNS to use their DNS?

• NanoG6 said: I still don't understand how getflix works, so I just need to change my DNS to use their DNS?

That, plus you need to register your current IP with them, in their admin area. This can be automatized if you use a service such as DuckDNS.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:
    Just FYI, Getflix lifetime is available at https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-3

As a warning: Getflix lifetime with Netflix US is only compatible with browsers (no mobile/TV devices). Also, Getflix lifetime with Netflix US is slower than paying for it monthly (they use different networks).

Nice to have it back in stock. It's been great for me :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:

NanoG6 said: I still don't understand how getflix works, so I just need to change my DNS to use their DNS?

That, plus you need to register your current IP with them, in their admin area. This can be automatized if you use a service such as DuckDNS.

Just use their DNS Servers, login to your client area and click on "refresh ip" to update their database to authorizing ur current ip. Done :)
    It will remember that IP. If u ever have another one change again.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited July 2019

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:
    Just FYI, Getflix lifetime is available at https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-3

I also have it because I have a VPN/sDNS hoarding problem :smile: I personally find it more profitable to pay for SmartDNSProxy bi-annually (down to ~$25/2 years with coupons) because Getflix Lifetime rarely allows me to stream Full HD with Netflix. HBO and Hulu stream a little bit better. Never had any issue with SmartDNSProxy.

As a side note, SmartDNSProxy and Getflix are the same company but the offers are separate. The former is cheaper with coupons.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Well that's pretty convenient, I still can use my own VPN server with their DNS.

And may be I can build my own smart dns?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

I also have it because I have a VPN/sDNS hoarding problem :smile: I personally find it more profitable to pay for SmartDNSProxy bi-annually (down to ~$25/2 years with coupons) because Getflix Lifetime rarely allows me to stream Full HD with Netflix. HBO and Hulu stream a little bit better. Never had any issue with SmartDNSProxy.

As a side note, SmartDNSProxy and Getflix are the same company but the offers are separate. The former is cheaper with coupons.

Why does getflix not allow to stream in full hd? Never seemed to encounter that issue 🤔

• @Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

Why does getflix not allow to stream in full hd? Never seemed to encounter that issue 🤔

I worded it weirdly. To me (in Germany like you), Getflix lifetime never reaches full HD with Netflix US, whereas SmartDNSProxy (and Ivacy browser extension) does.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @NanoG6 said:
    I still don't understand how getflix works, so I just need to change my DNS to use their DNS?

Yeah. Basically, what they do is point netflix.com (or whatever service) to their servers and proxy the traffic from there. So they simply affect the DNS lookup for services they offer to unblock.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@solaire said:

@NanoG6 said:

Yeah. Basically, what they do is point netflix.com (or whatever service) to their servers and proxy the traffic from there. So they simply affect the DNS lookup for services they offer to unblock.

So actually our traffic is still go through their proxy/network.. I'll stick to Ivacy then 😂

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

I worded it weirdly. To me (in Germany like you), Getflix lifetime never reaches full HD with Netflix US, whereas SmartDNSProxy (and Ivacy browser extension) does.

Ahh..gotcha. I watch Flix with Windscribe's Windflix :D

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

Might be the speed is limited. Someone here mentioned lifetime users gets assigned a different server than that of monthly users

• @sanvit said:

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

Might be the speed is limited. Someone here mentioned lifetime users gets assigned a different server than that of monthly users

Yes, that’s true. I was told the same by support.

Lifetime accounts use their “old method and old servers” to stream US Netflix. Monthly paying users use “a new method on new servers”. This “new method” is also the same one used by SmartDNSProxy.

• @Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:
    Netflix also works for Ivacy without dedicated IP rental. When they fix it, it should work like that, too.

It's been hit and miss for me with Ivacy tbh - some days it works, others not.

Ivacy only did not work for me 1 day. Other than that Netflix always worked with it.

I'm considering setting this up on my router (with a secondary SSID for Netflix).

Any specific US server I should target?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:
    Netflix also works for Ivacy without dedicated IP rental. When they fix it, it should work like that, too.

It's been hit and miss for me with Ivacy tbh - some days it works, others not.

Ivacy only did not work for me 1 day. Other than that Netflix always worked with it.

I'm considering setting this up on my router (with a secondary SSID for Netflix).

Any specific US server I should target?

Try some different ones and pick the one that works best got you.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

Anyone that wasn't sure whethee Ivacy and PureVPN are under the own company or didn't want to believe my proof just yet can also have a look at this: https://vpnpro.com/blog/hidden-vpn-owners-unveiled-97-vpns-23-companies/

FastestVPN (again, my take on this) is also part of PureVPN+Ivacy company, however probably not listed in the test as it's relatively unknown and they might not have known about it yet.

Thanked by 1Hazelcl
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited July 2019

anyone have a problem with diconnections every ~60 minutes? it's really annoying, doesnt matter which server I use. I'm using openvpn client on a glinet router.

edit: speeds are just shit, doesnt matter what server, its unreliable too. Not even worth the $11 I paid, IMO. lifetime or not.

• BarisBaris Member

@Adam1 said:
    anyone have a problem with diconnections every ~60 minutes? it's really annoying, doesnt matter which server I use. I'm using openvpn client on a glinet router.

Yep, my connections also drops every ~60 minutes.