Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

@jsg said:

@sanvit said:
    Did you put it on the right page? Afaik there was a special page on ivacy just for stacksocial code

I used the page stacksocial led me to when clicking on Redeem code and it was definitely an Ivacy page and almost certainly the correct one as it (among other data) asked for the code.

If your error message showed 'failed', it looks like you should contact Ivacy since the error message for wrong coupon code is 'Coupon is not valid'. Try their live chat. For me they were pretty responsive and sorted out my problem in minutes.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2019

For those interested: stacksocial reacted quickly but only with a "we will help you soon" message.
    With Ivacy I had more luck. Following @sanvit 's advice I looked for the chat and asked for help. The problem was that a name must not contain dots or dashes (can be forgiven) and that a password can be max. 12 chars/digits!!! (can not be forgiven).

Frankly, my first impression of Ivacy is very negative. But maybe that changes once I use their VPN service.

Oh, and the stacksocial product I chose was 39.99 $ for a lifetime subscription incl. a NAT firewall. What's probably more interesting though is that the Ivacy subscription also includes a 5 year free "Port Forwarding". The product is described as "basic lifetime" and is supposed to provide access to "450+ servers in 100+ locations in 50+ countries" for up to 5 devices.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

@jsg iirc you can change the password in their WHMCS. I didn't know about the free port forwarding. Thanks for the info :)

p.s. their android app is horrible. I recommend manually setting up via pptp or openvpn

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@sanvit said:
    @jsg iirc you can change the password in their WHMCS. I didn't know about the free port forwarding. Thanks for the info :)

p.s. their android app is horrible. I recommend manually setting up via pptp or openvpn

Agree. On Android go for manual setup. Their app is buggy.

@jsg never had issues redeeming a stacksocial code but glas it worked out. Yeah, stacksocial support is kinda lame. Ivacy live chat is cool however. Didn't know that port forwarding is included (isn't for my lifetime plan though (iirc; I don't have the NAT firewall included either). Enjoy Ivacy :) Any questions just ask me or @sanvit

@sanvit said:

I doubt that I can can enter a longer password there and frankly I don't feeling like making more experiments.

It wouldn't come to my mind anyway to use an app instead of setting it up the old way.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@jsg said:
    For those interested: stacksocial reacted quickly but only with a "we will help you soon" message.
    With Ivacy I had more luck. Following @sanvit 's advice I looked for the chat and asked for help. The problem was that a name must not contain dots or dashes (can be forgiven) and that a password can be max. 12 chars/digits!!! (can not be forgiven).

Frankly, my first impression of Ivacy is very negative. But maybe that changes once I use their VPN service.

Oh, and the stacksocial product I chose was 39.99 $ for a lifetime subscription incl. a NAT firewall. What's probably more interesting though is that the Ivacy subscription also includes a 5 year free "Port Forwarding". The product is described as "basic lifetime" and is supposed to provide access to "450+ servers in 100+ locations in 50+ countries" for up to 5 devices.

To make your day even worse, actually you can use DN40 coupon to get it lifetime for $24

Thanked by 3uptime Ympker datanoise

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Agree. On Android go for manual setup. Their app is buggy.

@jsg never had issues redeeming a stacksocial code but glas it worked out. Yeah, stacksocial support is kinda lame. Ivacy live chat is cool however. Didn't know that port forwarding is included (isn't for my lifetime plan though (iirc; I don't have the NAT firewall included either). Enjoy Ivacy :) Any questions just ask me or @sanvit

Frankly, I cared for neither. It just happened to be in the available cheap bundle and I thought I'd expressely mention it here because some are probably interested in port forwarding (or the NAT).

Thanked by 2Ympker datanoise
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jsg said:

@sanvit said:

I doubt that I can can enter a longer password there and frankly I don't feeling like making more experiments.

It wouldn't come to my mind anyway to use an app instead of setting it up the old way.

As long as you don't do anything of great significance while on the VPN and choose a strong 12 digit pw, I guess you could live with that. Just remember there are people using "password" and "1234567"

• sanvitsanvit Member

@NanoG6 said:

@jsg said:

To make your day even worse, actually you can use DN40 coupon to get it lifetime for $24

Yeah, and I'm also one of the idiots who paid full price :(

• YuraYura Member

@Ympker said:
    Just remember there are people using "password" and "1234567"

Sure, mister hacker, but you don't know which one I used :smirk:

Thanked by 1Ympker

@NanoG6 said:

That doesn't make my day bad at all. From what I see 40$ for a lifetime subscription with a halfway decent VPN provider is an excellent deal.

At first I was thinking and thinking again about @Ympker 's original FastestVpn deal but there some point I disliked and so I looked at the Ivacy deal. And come on, I've payed more than 40$ for a year with comparable VPN providers, so paying 40$ for lifetime (even if it lasts only 5 years) is an excellent deal in my view. And I didn't look for the cheapest deal but for the best one ($ vs service).

Btw. I just payed 36$ but that was due to a "welcome" rebate I got as a new stacksocial user.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jsg said:

@NanoG6 said:

That doesn't make my day bad at all. From what I see 40$ for a lifetime subscription with a halfway decent VPN provider is an excellent deal.

At first I was thinking and thinking again about @Ympker 's original FastestVpn deal but there some point I disliked and so I looked at the Ivacy deal. And come on, I've payed more than 40$ for a year with comparable VPN providers, so paying 40$ for lifetime (even if it lasts only 5 years) is an excellent deal in my view. And I didn't look for the cheapest deal but for the best one ($ vs service).

Btw. I just payed 36$ but that was due to a "welcome" rebate I got as a new stacksocial user.

Welcome to the Ivacy family. We have cookies :)

Thanked by 1jsg
    edited June 2019

@Ympker said:
    As long as you don't do anything of great significance while on the VPN and choose a strong 12 digit pw, I guess you could live with that. Just remember there are people using "password" and "1234567"

Yes, absolutely. It's more of a "religious" issue for me (keep in mind, my field is security) and couldn't believe that a VPN provider would be so idio limited in the 21. century.

@Yura said:

@Ympker said:
    Just remember there are people using "password" and "1234567"

Sure, mister hacker, but you don't know which one I used :smirk:

Let me guess. You are a clever cat and sneaky, hence your password is neither of the two but ... tada ... "pass4567" ...
    How cunning! nobody will ever guess that!

Thanked by 2Yura Ympker
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@jsg said:
    Let me guess. You are a clever cat and sneaky, hence your password is neither of the two but ... tada ... "pass4567" ...
    How cunning! nobody will ever guess that!

Kinda sad I didn't think of that myself :anguished: But now it's my password and mine alone :smile:

Thanked by 2jsg Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jsg If only 12 digits make you feel uncomfortable, you can be happy that you dont't work at the place where I used to work. Dead-simple passwords written post-its pinned to the monitor.

@Ympker said:
    @jsg If only 12 digits make you feel uncomfortable, you can be happy that you dont't work at the place where I used to work. Dead-simple passwords written post-its pinned to the monitor.

You worked at a bank? *g

Thanked by 2Ympker Ouji
  • YuraYura Member

Probably at McAfee

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Yura said:
    Probably at McAfee

Close enough :¢

Thanked by 1Yura
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@Yura said:
    Probably at McAfee

I thought you were a university student? Was it an internship?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Giving a look at ivacy. Most of their IPs are registered to Secure Internet LLC which is based in Texas, https://ipinfo.io/AS394087 - Seems like the front company is in SG (tax reasons?) but not much else is there. Anyway for 24$ it seems decent (thanks @NanoG6!).

Not sure what to think about their Nat firewall stuff, they pretend that it's possible to enable a redirect for port 80 or any other port. I don't see how that's supposed to be possible as IPs are shared... Any hints?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@Yura said:
    Probably at McAfee

I thought you were a university student? Was it an internship?

Nah, I can still work part-time ;) University students need to pay for rent etc as well

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@datanoise said:
    Giving a look at ivacy. Most of their IPs are registered to Secure Internet LLC which is based in Texas, https://ipinfo.io/AS394087 - Seems like the front company is in SG (tax reasons?) but not much else is there. Anyway for 24$ it seems decent (thanks @NanoG6!).

Not sure what to think about their Nat firewall stuff, they pretend that it's possible to enable a redirect for port 80 or any other port. I don't see how that's supposed to be possible as IPs are shared... Any hints?

I don't use these "features" at all so meh. Can't say anything about that.

• Ympker said: "features"

Some linux ISOs do like port forwarding :wink:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jsg said: a password can be max. 12 chars/digits!!! (can not be forgiven).

From their WHMCS it's possible to set a password up to 20 chars.

Thanked by 3Ympker jsg uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

hmmm ...?

as per the ivacy "change password" page:

Password must contain: One Upper case letter, One lower case letter, One numerical digit and One Symbol (Character Limit: Min 12, Max 20).

@uptime said:
    hmmm ...?

Password must contain: One Upper case letter, One lower case letter, One numerical digit and One Symbol (Character Limit: Min 12, Max 20).

I was talking about the password field on the redeem page. There max len is 12 (according to Ivacy support).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

@jsg said:

@uptime said:
    hmmm ...?

I was talking about the password field on the redeem page. There max len is 12 (according to Ivacy support).

indeed, the throwaway temporary password I used for that step was less than 12 characters.

(I've had the experience of receiving on-boarding emails containing an otherwise strong password I'd set, so now tend to start with a throwaway to be changed after the first login ...)

• OujiOuji Member

Ended going with the $24 Ivacy deal. Just disappointed that are not a lot of servers using OpenVPN. Also, the files I download gave me an AUTH failed error, even tough both fields are alright.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:
    Ended going with the $24 Ivacy deal. Just disappointed that are not a lot of servers using OpenVPN. Also, the files I download gave me an AUTH failed error, even tough both fields are alright.

Stacksocial wouldn't let me use DN40 to get it for 24$ when I tried ordering for my friend (as I already have it). Did you use another coupon?

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @Ympker said:

@Ouji said:

Stacksocial wouldn't let me use DN40 to get it for 24$ when I tried ordering for my friend (as I already have it). Did you use another coupon?

That coupon only works on the Ivacy + NAT firewall bundle as far as I'm aware.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription-5

Thanked by 2Ympker cybertech