Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)

Comments

• @Yura said:

@Chuck said:

@dragon1993 said:

@Chuck said:
    It's $9.4 now?

Yes, but use STACK10 for 10% discont

still not 5,10$

Come back yesterday

If you use PigeonCoin it's $5.10, refund guaranteed by EHL.

Thanked by 3Yura Ympker ITLabs
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jsg said:
    @Ympker

Thank you! Btw, I do not mistrust you and I didn't mean to ask for proof. My point was more like "How and based on what did he come to his conclusion?".

Regarding the similar web sites and some common errors/problems in client software I wouldn't give much weight to that; that can be explained by factors like "normal" copying, staff fluctuation, etc. But your DNS research got me really thinking and it smells like you are right.

No offense taken mate. Actually this way I was able to post the "proof" to my assumptions for once so it can be looked up later :) While there is no 100% proof I believe it is more than sufficient to say Ivacy is reselling PureVPN and very sufficient to assume FastestVPN is, too.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:
    Given that this looks like a PureVPN reseller - is there any reason to buy it if I already have an Ivacy account?

I have both. But that was because FastestVPN was super cheap on Stacksocial and I kinda wanted to bet on its future updates :P
    My Ivacy Lifetime at that point in time didn't include NAT-Firewall (the current Ivacy Deals on Stacksocial do) while FastestVPN had this one already included free of charge. Furthermore FastestVPN claims to use "dedicated servers" (iirc) which also seems to be kinda true as they don't seem to have virtual locations in comparison with Ivacy. Thus they do have fewer servers but generally seem to be a bit more performant. I can imagine them having maybe another contingency/deal with PureVPN but I can't say for sure.
    At that price point I'd just grab FastestVPN and keep it for the future to decide what to do with it. Also FastestVPN Privacy Policy used to sound better than Ivacy's (not sure now as I haven't compared for a while). Just some minor things though.

My Speedtest Ivac&FastestVPN:

Thanks, that's helpful.

I managed to get in at $5.10

I hope they eventually allow for a monthly dedicated IP rental (so things like Netflix work). The Ivacy plan I have wants me to buy 5 years of IP space, which is expensive - and I'm not sure I want that commitment in case they fold.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:
    Given that this looks like a PureVPN reseller - is there any reason to buy it if I already have an Ivacy account?

I have both. But that was because FastestVPN was super cheap on Stacksocial and I kinda wanted to bet on its future updates :P
    My Ivacy Lifetime at that point in time didn't include NAT-Firewall (the current Ivacy Deals on Stacksocial do) while FastestVPN had this one already included free of charge. Furthermore FastestVPN claims to use "dedicated servers" (iirc) which also seems to be kinda true as they don't seem to have virtual locations in comparison with Ivacy. Thus they do have fewer servers but generally seem to be a bit more performant. I can imagine them having maybe another contingency/deal with PureVPN but I can't say for sure.
    At that price point I'd just grab FastestVPN and keep it for the future to decide what to do with it. Also FastestVPN Privacy Policy used to sound better than Ivacy's (not sure now as I haven't compared for a while). Just some minor things though.

My Speedtest Ivac&FastestVPN:

Thanks, that's helpful.

I managed to get in at $5.10

I hope they eventually allow for a monthly dedicated IP rental (so things like Netflix work). The Ivacy plan I have wants me to buy 5 years of IP space, which is expensive - and I'm not sure I want that commitment in case they fold.

Netflix also works for Ivacy without dedicated IP rental. When they fix it, it should work like that, too.

• Just checked Ivacy for Netflix US it works fine at the moment.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

Be aware that when you use a regular VPN service, it isn't just "unblocking services". It's also sending all your other traffic through them, which means that the VPN service provider can read (and store) everything that isn't encrypted.

Thanked by 3uptime Ympker vimalware
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@joepie91 said:
    Be aware that when you use a regular VPN service, it isn't just "unblocking services". It's also sending all your other traffic through them, which means that the VPN service provider can read (and store) everything that isn't encrypted.

Aren't most of the traffic encrypted nowadays thanks to Let's Encrypt? I've recently ran HttpCanary on my phone recently to test out something, and I haven't seen any non-https requests.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks for deal @Ympker . I got two ones at $4 pricing using coupons.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    Thanks for deal @Ympker . I got two ones at $4 pricing using coupons.

Glad someone could make use of this deal :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@joepie91 said:

Pretty much depends. If you only use the Browser extension for e.g. Firefox to unblock (Flix, BBC..) and continue using Chrome as your regular browser for everything else, only what you do in Firefox will be sent through FastestVPN. If you use it as a VPN (OpenVPN..) you are obviously correct.

• @Ympker said:
    Netflix also works for Ivacy without dedicated IP rental. When they fix it, it should work like that, too.

It's been hit and miss for me with Ivacy tbh - some days it works, others not.

• Why did I buy it? I have dozens of VPNs including Ivacy :smile: thank you as always @Ympker. Netflix US is working with the US Los Angeles location and the Chrome extension, and I can pull 60mbit/s to Germany with it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@sgheghele said:
    Why did I buy it? I have dozens of VPNs including Ivacy :smile: thank you as always @Ympker. Netflix US is working with the US Los Angeles location and the Chrome extension, and I can pull 60mbit/s to Germany with it.

Oh so Netflix US is working again with FastestVPN? Gotta try that later :) Thanks!

Edit: Can confirm. Los Angeles location with Chrome Extension works with Netflix US using FastestVPN :)

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

It's been hit and miss for me with Ivacy tbh - some days it works, others not.

Ivacy only did not work for me 1 day. Other than that Netflix always worked with it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@pike said:
    I tried all US locations and they don't unblock netflix (at least via OpenVPN).

Seems like Netflix US can be unblocked using the Chrome Extension and the Los Angeles location ;) Worked for @sgheghele and me!

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited June 2019

@Ympker said:

@pike said:

Seems like Netflix US can be unblocked using the Chrome Extension and the Los Angeles location ;) Worked for @sgheghele and me!

Yup. FastestVPN Working and pretty fast. As well as Ivacy is fast with the Chrome extension. I also can report that Ivacy never stopped working for me, for US Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Crunchyroll UK, and BBC iPlayer.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@pike said:

Yup. Working and pretty fast. As well as Ivacy is fast with the Chrome extension. I also can report that Ivacy never stopped working for me, for US Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Crunchyroll UK, and BBC iPlayer.

CR US is where it's at mate :P However OPM Season 2 is only on CR Spain :(

• Never used stacksocial. What happens if we put a low value (like $1) in "Pay What You Want"? Thanks!

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@datanoise said:
    Never used stacksocial. What happens if we put a low value (like $1) in "Pay What You Want"? Thanks!

Then you only get the Antivirus thing that is also in the bundle. You'd need to pay the avg. to unlock FastestVPN (like with Humblebundle sorta). However now it's 10$. Only yesterday was 5$.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

Ympker said: Then you only get the Antivirus thing

OK, thanks! Aren't their IPs blocked a lot, as they are probably used by them using several brands and thousands of customers?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@datanoise said:

Ympker said: Then you only get the Antivirus thing

OK, thanks! Aren't their IPs blocked a lot, as they are probably used by them using several brands and thousands of customers?

I didn't run into any issues (yet). I use it only to unblock or dl some Linux ISO.

• @Ympker

CR US is where it's at mate :P However OPM Season 2 is only on CR Spain :(

..and UK ;-) this is why I switch to it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@sanvit said:

@joepie91 said:

Aren't most of the traffic encrypted nowadays thanks to Let's Encrypt? I've recently ran HttpCanary on my phone recently to test out something, and I haven't seen any non-https requests.

More than enough isn't, unfortunately.

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

Pretty much depends. If you only use the Browser extension for e.g. Firefox to unblock (Flix, BBC..) and continue using Chrome as your regular browser for everything else, only what you do in Firefox will be sent through FastestVPN. If you use it as a VPN (OpenVPN..) you are obviously correct.

Right, I'm talking specifically about actual VPN services. There are a lot of eg. browser extensions that call themselves "VPN" (for marketing purposes), but that have absolutely nothing to do with VPNs whatsoever. They're just proxy plugins.

Site-specific proxies are usually precisely what you want for this sort of usecase, which makes it so unfortunate that the term "VPN" is abused for more and more things...

Thanked by 3Ympker sanvit uptime
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@joepie91 said:

@sanvit said:

@joepie91 said:

More than enough isn't, unfortunately.

@Ympker said:

@joepie91 said:

Right, I'm talking specifically about actual VPN services. There are a lot of eg. browser extensions that call themselves "VPN" (for marketing purposes), but that have absolutely nothing to do with VPNs whatsoever. They're just proxy plugins.

Site-specific proxies are usually precisely what you want for this sort of usecase, which makes it so unfortunate that the term "VPN" is abused for more and more things...

Agree :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

FYI:

ProPrivacy said:
    It is worth noting here that Ivacy was once a white-label reseller for PureVPN and leveraged the PureVPN server network. The process is not yet complete, but Ivacy has shown us evidence that it is migrating away from using PureVPN servers to servers owned and operated entirely by itself.

(source -> https://proprivacy.com/review/ivacy )

• Interesting, @jsg!

Does someone who tried can tell if port forwarding is included in this plan?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jsg said:
    FYI:

ProPrivacy said:
    It is worth noting here that Ivacy was once a white-label reseller for PureVPN and leveraged the PureVPN server network. The process is not yet complete, but Ivacy has shown us evidence that it is migrating away from using PureVPN servers to servers owned and operated entirely by itself.

(source -> https://proprivacy.com/review/ivacy )

Interesting to hear :)

@datanoise afaik it is not.

Thanked by 1datanoise

FWIW: I just joined stacksocial and purchased a lifetime Ivacy plan - and promptly failed to redeem my purchased code (yes I did use correct and true data both at stacksocial and ivacy).

For a start I'll find out how good - or bad - stacksocial support is. One thing I already did find out is that Ivacy seems to be quite ignorant; they do not provide any detail whatsoever, just a general "failed" message, which isn't exactly helpful.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

@jsg said:
    FWIW: I just joined stacksocial and purchased a lifetime Ivacy plan - and promptly failed to redeem my purchased code (yes I did use correct and true data both at stacksocial and ivacy).

For a start I'll find out how good - or bad - stacksocial support is. One thing I already did find out is that Ivacy seems to be quite ignorant; they do not provide any detail whatsoever, just a general "failed" message, which isn't exactly helpful.

Did you put it on the right page? Afaik there was a special page on ivacy just for stacksocial code

Edit : https://www.ivacy.com/stacksocial/

@sanvit said:
    Did you put it on the right page? Afaik there was a special page on ivacy just for stacksocial code

I used the page stacksocial led me to when clicking on Redeem code and it was definitely an Ivacy page and almost certainly the correct one as it (among other data) asked for the code.