Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN by CloudJiffy - $10 bonus for testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN by CloudJiffy - $10 bonus for testing

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We are pleased to inform you that we have launched a Premium CDN solution at CloudJiffy in association with Verizon.

Why should you use CDN ?

CDN leverages a highly interconnected global network, featuring massive bandwidth capacity, advanced caching and acceleration strategies. That allows us to propagate your content across several geographically distributed nodes and then transfers content from the node that is closest to the user, minimizing packet movement and increasing speed and efficiency. There’s implemented a fast-routing IP Anycast technology for powerful and lightning-fast performance over the globe.

In simpler terms, it means - Your content is hosted closest to your visitors and is served to them faster. A website in our India region could serve its images to an African user using our South African POP.

Why CloudJiffy CDN -

• 64Tbps Network Capacity
  • 130+ Points of Presence across all continents (except Antarctica )
  • 6 Continents
  • 4K+ Interconnects
  • HTTP/3 Support

How much does it cost ?

While most CDNs will charge you a different rate depending on your user's location, we charge a fixed per GB fee for premium bandwidth all over the world.

Pricing depends on 2 components -

- Data transferred per GB - Rs 7 or $0.1
- Requests - Rs 0.525 or $0.0075 per 10,000 HTTP / HTTPS requests

CDN also reduces load on your Web and Database servers which can reduce your overall cost of running cloud infrastructure!

How to enable CDN ?

As with everything on CloudJiffy - you can enable CDN in a Jiffy!

Select your environment > Select your Load balancer or Web Server > Go to Addons > HTTP/3 Premium CDN > Install

Within 1 hour, your content is propagated to all 130 POPs . You are provided a CDN URL (which can be customized) which you need to enter into your CMS or your code. If you need any help with this, just reply to this email and we will get you started.

We already have many customers already using CDN . For some users, download speeds from CloudJiffy have increased 10 times

If you are looking to try this on your CloudJiffy account, we will be happy to provide $10 bonus credits.

We look forward to your feedback.

Ishan

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

Can this be only used with cloudjiffy or can I use a custom backend?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanvit said:
    Can this be only used with cloudjiffy or can I use a custom backend?

You can setup a Nginx Reverse Proxy within CloudJiffy (One-click setup) and point it to your custom backend. However, that means it will have to go through one of our regions (Pune, India - Los Angeles, USA and Frankfurt+Mumbai coming soon)

• YuraYura Member

While most CDNs will charge you a different rate depending on your user's location, we charge a fixed per GB fee for premium bandwidth all over the world

So, about 50% more expensive Worldwide and 10 times more expensive in North America and Europe than BunnyCDN. LET loves to pay more, especially for beta testing.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Yura said:

While most CDNs will charge you a different rate depending on your user's location, we charge a fixed per GB fee for premium bandwidth all over the world

So, about 50% more expensive Worldwide and 10 times more expensive in North America and Europe than BunnyCDN. LET loves to pay more, especially for beta testing.

Well, they are using Anycast IPs and have more PoPs available. Plus I believe Verizon CDN is known to be a more premium solution than BunnyCDN. I just whish they had an option to set custom backends :(

@Yura said:

You are comparing a CDN with 36 POPs with something which has 4 times more. We also support HTTP/3, have 160 times more capacity.

It is not in beta, we are offering $10 for anyone who wants to try CloudJiffy and CloudJiffy CDN.

Yes, it is not the cheapest and we do not want to be the cheapest option.

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@leapswitch said:

@Yura said:

You are comparing a CDN with 36 POPs with something which has 4 times more. We also support HTTP/3, have 160 times more capacity.

It is not in beta, we are offering $10 for anyone who wants to try CloudJiffy and CloudJiffy CDN.

I'm not telling you what your pricing should be. Im informing others that much cheaper option is available. This gave you chance to highlight the differences and what you consider your advantages over competition. That's good for you, no?

And yes, I consider any "we have launched" as beta product for... months to years. Took Google 9 years to finish Gmail's beta phase. You may be much better. I give you that.

@Yura said:

@leapswitch said:

@Yura said:

I'm not telling you what your pricing should be. Im informing others that much cheaper option is available. This gave you chance to highlight the differences and what you consider your advantages over competition. That's good for you, no?

And yes, I consider any "we have launched" as beta product for... months to years. Took Google 9 years to finish Gmail's beta phase. You may be much better. I give you that.

This is Verizon Edgecast's Premium CDN, its nothing new. We have just integrated it with CloudJiffy and made it simpler and cheaper for users to implement.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

sanvit said: Well, they are using Anycast IPs

BunnyCDN is using anycast where it makes sense. Australia is fully anycasted for example.

Note that using anycast doesn't magically mean better performance.

• KrisKris Member

FHR said: BunnyCDN is using anycast where it makes sense. Australia is fully anycasted for example.

Note that using anycast doesn't magically mean better performance.

If you have a properly engineered setup & know what you're doing, Anycast is worldwide. Helped build a sub-10ms network that does exactly that.

This is not going to be at a LET price though, so Bunny CDN, etc. guys will get far enough without AU in the mix, but if you do Anycast properly - yes it magically means better performance.

If you're using a provider in Australia who cannot send enough upstream communities to keep traffic within the country or AU / NZ, you're going to give up and only Anycast Australia - which sounds like the case.

Verizon on the other hand knows how to traffic engineer properly, so they can anycast the world. So yes, there's going to be a difference in price.

Like many who have tried doing a world-wide CDN via Anycast, Australia leaks like a colander, and it takes a lot to avoid such and get bandwidth you can engineer. At the same time it can be done, and when setup right - Anycast is magic.

Getting 5-9ms from the same IP be it Tamil Nadu, Lithuania, Boulder, is a pretty amazing thing and does shave considerable time and magical performance ensues.

Final note, Verizon's EdgeCast CDN is about as premium you can get. Terremark (subsidiary) and VZ were in places I only dreamed of getting in while busting my ass to get on IX.BR. Had I had the budget or selected Terremark Miami, I could have gotten there without having to colo and 'roll my own' but Terremark / VZ was beyond belief $$$.

Thanked by 2leapswitch datanoise
  • So we would need a to use a "cloudlet" as a backend? No way to use any https url hosted elsewhere?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited June 2019

Signed up and will give it a try. Did a quick math (based on rates published on website) of the associated costs just to use as a CDN - I suppose the $ 10 credit will do good for 3 to 4 months for most folks.

@vyas11 said:
    Signed up and will give it a try. Did a quick math (based on rates published on website) of the associated costs just to use as a CDN - I suppose the $ 10 credit will do good for 3 to 4 months for most folks.

Just open a ticket and we will add the credit to your account. I recommend trying CloudJiffy PaaS as well :)

@datanoise said:
    So we would need a to use a "cloudlet" as a backend? No way to use any https url hosted elsewhere?

Yes, you will need to run a reverse proxy, maybe Nginx, which would take just 1 Cloudlet to run.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Ok thanks. Quick and easy to setup, but that adds to the cost... Are there plans to make it possible to use the CDN with any backend in the future?

@datanoise said:
    Ok thanks. Quick and easy to setup, but that adds to the cost... Are there plans to make it possible to use the CDN with any backend in the future?

Currently there are no plans for this. We may look at it again in the future.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @leapswitch said:

If you are looking to try this on your CloudJiffy account, we will be happy to provide $10 bonus credits.

Ishan

nowhere can I find how to get this $10 credit

• sanvitsanvit Member

@john564 said:

@leapswitch said:

Ishan

Just PM him with your email

Thanked by 1john564

@john564 said:

@leapswitch said:

Ishan

Added to your account.

Anyone who is interested in credit can PM me their email address or go to Help > Contact Support in our panel to open a ticket.

Thanked by 1john564