Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition: Give @TeamACC the Moderator role back!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Petition: Give @TeamACC the Moderator role back!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited June 2019 in General

Promoting the protest of @Amitz , I call all LET members to shout loud against Chris Fabozzi and CC throwing out @teamacc from his moderator duties: Comment this thread asking them to give the man his moderator role back!

More details on subject, here

Comments

• TheXOTheXO Member
    edited June 2019

He will get it back when he changes his name to TeamAColoCrossing.

• uptimeuptime Member

It's just a bit of a challenge to try to conjour a more persuasive proposition for restoring @teamacc mod role than "rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble" ...

not sure how much of the agitas could be more personal in nature as opposed to"strictly business - maybe something to be said for an "IDGAF" posture either way

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Francisco

Why tag him? Why not?

Thanked by 1Hurley
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited June 2019

User banned please carry comming in 3 2 1 ?

• defaultdefault Veteran

One could simply setup a vote or referendum.

• EHRAEHRA Member

Does he get money for being a moderator? If not, I believe he will be happier as a standard user.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

And keep repeating referendum until it gets to your liking.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • vovlervovler Member

A petition to make him work for them for free? I dont see any upside

• @EHRA said:
    Does he get money for being a moderator? If not, I believe he will be happier as a standard user.

Do you really believe colocrap/deluxe is willing to pay someone to moderate LowEndTalk?

• xaocxaoc Member

@dedotatedwam said:

@EHRA said:

Do you really believe colocrap/deluxe is willing to pay someone to moderate LowEndTalk?

The community could pay'em. Something like a vote for the best mod with a cash prize comprised of donations. Could be fun.

• williewillie Member

Hahaha several mods and an admin quit when CC unbanned Hostnamaste. And now you not only want mods to work for this CC site but have the other members pay their salary (effectively donating money as well as time and pageviews to CC)? If we want to move to another site we should just do it. vpsboard collapsed when they switched to shitty software and hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with, but both those errors are avoidable.

Thanked by 3kassle default doghouch
  • kasslekassle Member

@willie said:
    If we want to move to another site we should just do it.

this

• EHRAEHRA Member

dedotatedwam said: Do you really believe colocrap/deluxe is willing to pay someone to moderate LowEndTalk?

No, that's exactly what I see at the point in working for free for CC. It's best to just be a member and enjoy the little good that is still here.

willie said: hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with

Did not quite understand. Do you think the discourse is a bad software?

• donlidonli Member

@willie said:

hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with,

Yeah the hostballs UI is terrible.

• HurleyHurley Member

willie said: hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with

There is nothing bad with the forum software. However, scammers survive there just successfully there as on LET, I instantly called it a quit when I saw YourLastHost's name.
    It's quite a big loss for me, I really really liked that place.

• YuraYura Member

Did you ask @teamacc if he wants it?

Thanked by 1jsg
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@donli said:

@willie said:

hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with,

Yeah the hostballs UI is terrible.

Now, give your fellow balls some love <3
    I don't find the UI to be annoying in any way. Maybe that's just me though :P

Thanked by 2kyawhtun2012 FHR
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Yura said: Did you ask @teamacc if he wants it?

That would be a chance to quit, not to be "quitten"...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • donlidonli Member

@Yura said:

Why pretend he has a choice ?

Thanked by 2Falzo imok
  • YuraYura Member

@jvnadr said:

Yura said: Did you ask @teamacc if he wants it?

That would be a chance to quit, not to be "quitten"...

A choice between suicide and being tortured and then revered like a martyr...

@donli said:

@Yura said:

Why pretend he has a choice ?

Well said.

Thanked by 1imok
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Getting a moderator to be a CC bimbo, really? who wants that.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Nobody wants that. I was Moderator for some time, so I know. It's not about the role, it's about the reason why he lost it. @teamacc did great things for the community, not only that transparency report. He does not deserve to get kicked out like a dog by some Fab-O-Zi who blows dick during work time.

He can still resign on is own afterwards, but he deserves better treatment.

• williewillie Member

EHRA said: Did not quite understand. Do you think the discourse is a bad software?

Yes, I prefer a fast and bloat-free forum. Discourse is slow and bloaty, and the dark Hostballs theme is hard for me to read.

LET isn't too bad, and I like Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com). But the HN implementation is very idiosyncratic. Sometimes I think of writing something like it in a different style.

Frankly I miss Usenet.

• AmitzAmitz Member

willie said: Frankly I miss Usenet.

Who doesn't? Even the trolls were better back then...

• YuraYura Member

I still don't understand reddit sorting logic. I prefer linear timeline.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@default said:

referendum is not valid way to deliver people’s vote, example: Brexit as government still can’t deliver it!

• defaultdefault Veteran

@WebProject said:

@default said:

referendum is not valid way to deliver people’s vote, example: Brexit as government still can’t deliver it!

Delivering is a problem that belongs to leaders; people played their part by voting and expressing their opinion. Vox populi, vox dei.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

HB's forum platform sucks, it is the most confusing and uncomfortable forum software ever (at least for me). This is making me not visiting HB often, not because the people there but because the way the discussion and viewing of threads/posting works... And another thing: it is nice not to have continously idiotic dramas and huge amount of dump people with one-time-posts, but there is often a big lack of interesting moments, there...

Vanilla, even if it has it own drawbacks, is a really nice piece of a forum platform...

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint default
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

willie said: Hahaha several mods and an admin quit when CC unbanned Hostnamaste. And now you not only want mods to work for this CC site but have the other members pay their salary (effectively donating money as well as time and pageviews to CC)? If we want to move to another site we should just do it. vpsboard collapsed when they switched to shitty software and hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with, but both those errors are avoidable.

Well, VPSboard was born from a significant conflict and created a divide, hostballs was never meant to be commercial and actively resist being commercial so will never drive the same type community.

avoidable... absolutely, hold my beer!