Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A noob question about anycast +KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A noob question about anycast +KVM VPS

ChievoChievo Member

Hi everyone ! I have a question related to anycast and kvm vps . I have a problem . I have a website with european visitors, north american visitors and south american visitors . The speed is quiet nice for US , Canada , Mexico and Europe , but the speed is really slow in South America . My KVM VPS is located in Europe and i am using cloudflare . Any siggestions how could I improve the speed for them using kvm vps anycast . To be completely honest i have no idea how is working and if i set up a new kvm vps cloudflare would catch the content from the nearest point or how could be possible to solve my speed issue . Any ideas and suggestions ?

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

What kind of website is it? To use anycast, you either need a provider with anycast ip support (most likely requires you to buy from all of their location), or your own /24 IPv4 (if your using CloudFlare, /48 IPv6 should also do the trick) and a provider that can announce the IP address. If you have 2 VMs with different IPs, you can use CloudFlare's load balancing feature to let CF's edge connect to the closest server.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Get multiple VPS in multiple parts of the world, drop CloudFlare, do GeoDNS

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Multiple VPS + AWS Route53.
    Cheap, simple, good.
    /thread