Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap, reliable VPSs in various countries.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap, reliable VPSs in various countries.

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I need a few cheap but somewhat stable/reliable VPSs in a few countries to fill in some gaps for my monitoring servers. KVM preferred due to some weirdness with my script not playing nice with some OpenVZ VPSs in the past (could be the node having issues though, never dug too deep). The VPSs will mainly be used for a simple ping script so resource requirements are minimal.

VZ Type: KVM preferred, but depending on the location and price I'm flexible.
Number of Cores: 1/2 should be core is plenty.

RAM: 256MB

Disk Space: 4GB

Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: 100GB

Port Speed: Any (If bandwidth is a concern for some locations I'm fine with being throttled to whatever a provider deems acceptable.)

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1 dedicated IPv4 and 1 IPv6, I tried NAT services and it didn't work too well for monitoring.

Budget: I know it's a long shot for some of the locations I listed but my goal is $20 per year per VPS.

Billing period: Annually

Comments

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited June 2019

For Australia, since you require IPv6, I'd recommend @BinaryLane binarylane.com.au which is A$4/month, hourly.

Hosthatch has an $8/qtr vz also, with IPv6 iirc

I'd otherwise suggest @hostdoc but no IPv6

• i can sell u VPS openvz Location : usa Chicago , 1Gb Ram 25 GB disk for 10 usd

• @kelox2411 said:
    i can sell u VPS openvz Location : usa Chicago , 1Gb Ram 25 GB disk for 10 usd

Username kelox2411 Joined June 2

Seems legit.

Thanked by 2skorous classy
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

If you want something on OVH in Canada or Singapore I'll give you a good deal since it's low space. Not sure if you would want something on them but it's reliable.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

There is a South Korean company called iwinv which does 2000KRW/mo (~1.7USD) VPS (KVM). The drawback is that it's in Korean, only accepts Korean credit cards and no IPv6. If your OK with no IPv6, I can get you one in exchange for a free KVM on your QN LA location :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@kelox2411 said:
    i can sell u VPS openvz Location : usa Chicago , 1Gb Ram 25 GB disk for 10 usd

No thank you, I only use providers who know how to read and aren't spammers.

sanvit said: OK with no IPv6

Sorry, IPv6 is required. :(

MikeA said: If you want something on OVH in Canada or Singapore I'll give you a good deal since it's low space.

I'm definitely interested. :)

• Need a Mali vps?

https://mzunguhosting.ml/

Network is fast my man.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

We could do that in India.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We could offer you in the following locations:

• Singapore
    • Tokyo, JP
    • Hong Kong, CN
    • Frankfurt, DE

PM me if you are interested.

• Pal,your specs of VPS is low.you'd better go with 1gb ram.then plenty of providers will be waiting for your pickup.

Looks like I'll need 512MB of RAM, 256MB isn't working with KVM. :(

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@KuJoe said:

CentOS doesn't, but Debian still works fine on 256MB RAM.

@angstrom said:

@KuJoe said:

I thought it would but whenever I reboot Debian 9 after installing and configuring everything it stops working. I tried this on 2 VPSs with the same outcome (/vda/sda disappears and I can't even boot from a recovery ISO).

@KuJoe said:

@angstrom said:

@KuJoe said:

I thought it would but whenever I reboot Debian 9 after installing and configuring everything it stops working. I tried this on 2 VPSs with the same outcome (/vda/sda disappears and I can't even boot from a recovery ISO).

Odd.

Naturally, it also depends on what you want to run, but I haven't witnessed this behavior after a basic installation.

That said, 512MB RAM would be more future-proof.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

hello @KuJoe - just FYI, I'm running Debian 9 on a couple 256 MB KVMs (1 with @freerangecloud, 1 with @HostDoc - both less than $16 per year by the way - and the HostDoc one is in Germany)

Just rebooted the HostDoc critter to verify:

xx@xx:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
    xx@xx:~$ w
     05:51:36 up 3 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.01, 0.00
    xx@xx:~$ free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            240          39         146           0          54         188
    Swap:           375           0         375

My disk is LVM on LUKS but can't imagine that should make a difference.

EDIT2:

looks like @freerangecloud is now offering 512 MB ram KVM for $15/y, as per this recent post

512MB RAM
     15GB HDD
     1TB monthly traffic
     1x IPv4
     /64 of IPv6

available in Winnipeg, Canada (also Ashburn and Fremont in the US)

I've been using a 256 MB KVM from them in Fremont since December - good stuff, can recommend.

EDIT3:

Also might keep an eye out for deals from @liteserver, @budgetnode, and of course @VirMach when Black Friday comes around. I have tiny KVMs from all of them under $15/year.

That reminds me ... https://tinykvm.com/ ... though that's just in the US, not any of the locations you're looking for.

EDIT4:

More low-end grist for the < $20 mill:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157932/kvm-vps-from-1-41-mo-200-mbit-unlimited-4-locations-ipv4-ipv6-15-days-moneyback/p1 (some KVM in .ru for you - have not tried these myself to say anything as to reliability)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157334/storage-kvm-usa-13-00-p-year-unmetered-inbound-bandwidth/p1 (@AnthonySmith offered these in the UK as well not too long ago)

• Potassium verification complete. The meter reads 3.6 Roentgen per hour.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • KuJoe said: depending on the location and price I'm flexible.

I can offer you an LXC VPS for 20$ with following specs:

1 CPU
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD

• @XiNiX said:
    We could do that in India.

Does the 19.99/yr KVM deploy in India?
    if so, could you PM a test ip?

@MKHosting said: I can offer you an LXC VPS for 20$ with following specs:

The OP is looking for KVM

• Just go with uptime robot and save your time maintaining 4+ servers.

@TimboJones said:
    Just go with uptime robot and save your time maintaining 4+ servers.

I use NodePing for any serious monitoring and it's awesome, I just like running my own projects for fun. http://chk2.net for an interview example.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@KuJoe said:
    I use NodePing for any serious monitoring and it's awesome, I just like running my own projects for fun. http://chk2.net for an interview example.

My eyes hurt! Oh the pain!

You seriously need to re-design the UI (just use plain bootstrap or Flat-UI) and need to pay me $ as I'll be going to an ophthalmologist now after visiting chk2.net XD

edited June 2019

@BlaZe said:

@KuJoe said:
    I use NodePing for any serious monitoring and it's awesome, I just like running my own projects for fun. http://chk2.net for an example.

My eyes hurt! Oh the pain!

You seriously need to re-design the UI (just use plain bootstrap or Flat-UI) and need to pay me $ as I'll be going to an ophthalmologist now after visiting chk2.net XD

Thanks for the feedback. I've never had any complaints about the UI, but after 4 years it's probably ready for an update.

• angstrom said: The OP is looking for KVM

"VZ Type: KVM preferred, but depending on the location and price I'm flexible."
    He preferred KVM but is not searching only KVM ;)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@KuJoe Tried https://serverhunter.com yet? It's great to find VPS :)

Thanked by 1ServerHunter

Thanks for the offers/help so far everyone. I've ordered more servers than I expected I would so now I'm going to limit my search to the following countries:

Germany, China, and Japan.

If you have any recommendations based on your own experience with a provider that fits the criteria in my first post and has services in those 3 countries I would appreciate it. Thank you.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@KuJoe said:
    Thanks for the offers/help so far everyone. I've ordered more servers than I expected I would so now I'm going to limit my search to the following countries:

Germany, China, and Japan.

If you have any recommendations based on your own experience with a provider that fits the criteria in my first post and has services in those 3 countries I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Well, there is always Netcups Small VPS line :) But it's only really cheap when it has special offers :S

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@FR_Michael offers a 512 MB KVM in Germany (Düsseldorf.) with 1 IPv4 and /64 IPv6, for €20 per year (so just about 12% over your $20 target)

https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-let/?country=None

an exemplar of reliable potassium in Deutschland from my experience with them so far - well worth the extra $2.40 over your preferred budget in my opinion.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    @FR_Michael offers a 512 MB KVM in Germany (Düsseldorf.) with 1 IPv4 and /64 IPv6, for €20 per year (so just about 12% over your $20 target)

https://www.first-root.com/vps-configurator/kvm-power-e3-let/?country=None

an exemplar of reliable potassium in Deutschland from my experience with them so far - well worth the extra $2.40 over your preferred budget in my opinion.

appreciated :heart:

Thanked by 1uptime