Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to manage VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to manage VPS?

If someone has good explain about it.
I tried with google.
thanks

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This is literally like asking how to date women.

• imokimok Member
    edited June 2019

Read DigitalOcean tutorials and you will become a "pro" in a matter of days.

Edit2:
    Avoid rm -rf and chargebacks.

• sinsin Member

@deank said:

$15/year women unmanaged

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

Youtube videos are your friend.

(and so are the Digital Ocean tutorials imok mentioned).

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:

Only if you date a woman working in the IT field.

Thanked by 2skorous imok
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@deank said:

This is the only correct way.

• Given the sig, smells like spam...

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@zomby1 said:
    I tried with google.
    thanks

Don't! Just use "password" as root password, enable SSH and let the internet manage your VPS for free!

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@jsg said:

@zomby1 said:
    I tried with google.
    thanks

Don't! Just use "password" as root password, enable SSH and let the internet manage your VPS for free!

Don't forget to leave squid proxy open and install kloxo and WordPress with every dodgy looking plugin available.

• @FHR said:

@deank said:

This is the only correct way.

But first, for good mounting need:

Thanked by 2FHR ma2t
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited June 2019

zomby1 said: If someone has good explain about it.
    I tried with google.
    thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Linux-Pocket-Guide-Essential-Commands-ebook/dp/B01GGQKXRG

@jackb said:

@jsg said:

@zomby1 said:
    I tried with google.
    thanks

Don't forget to leave squid proxy open and install kloxo and WordPress with every dodgy looking plugin available.

Excellent hint, but high-end pro stuff should be left for professionals with 2 days or more of linux experience.

• How to manage wife?

• Always use Debian. Thx.

• imokimok Member

@Gravely said:
    Always use Debian. Thx.

False statement. The most used and easiest distro is CentOS 7.

Thanked by 2cybertech skorous
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@duckeeyuck said:
    How to manage wife?

Its like a server, you will notice if you did something wrong.
    But sometimes, you do notice it to late and it wont come back up again.

So be careful on what you do and change.

• OujiOuji Member

imok said: False statement. The most used and easiest distro is CentOS 7.

Now seriously. I've been using Ubuntu and Linux Mint in my desktops for a while. Would it be easier to use CentOS than Debian? I currently run a Debian 9 and an Ubuntu 18.04 server.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2019

@Ouji said:
    Now seriously. I've been using Ubuntu and Linux Mint in my desktops for a while. Would it be easier to use CentOS than Debian? I currently run a Debian 9 and an Ubuntu 18.04 server.

I've used Linux Mint on the desktop for over a decade, previously Mandrake. I use both debian and CentOS on servers, though prefer CentOS - likely due to familiarity. Ubuntu server: uggh! :-p (Gimme good ol' NCR version of SVR4.2/AIX/HP_UX/Solaris.)

Thanked by 2Ouji dahartigan
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@Ouji said:

I've used Linux Mint on the desktop for over a decade, previously Mandrake. I use both debian and CentOS on servers, though prefer CentOS - likely due to familiarity. Ubuntu server: uggh! :-p (Gimme good ol' NCR version of SVR4.2/AIX/HP_UX/Solaris.)

I loved Mandrake back in the day, it was a very big leap in user friendliness then. I was a big fan of Mint + MATE until I gave the new KDE a try a year or so ago and I use Kubuntu as my daily driver now. Looking at Manjaro again, tried it before Kubuntu and it was great, just decided to stick with the "comfort" of debian at the time.

On the server, it's either debian or ubuntu depending on the use, centos if necessary for cpanel etc.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Actually this is more like how to manage a wife. How to date women is nothing like when you upgrade the woman to a wife. It's like performing a dist-upgrade tothe latest and ggreatest version of the OS on an @eol OVZ6 template and expecting everything to magically work much better, only to realise SSHing into the bedroom suddenly doesn't work and when you lodge a chargeback, it's permanently declined.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @poisson said:
    Actually this is more like how to manage a wife. How to date women is nothing like when you upgrade the woman to a wife. It's like performing a dist-upgrade tothe latest and ggreatest version of the OS on an @eol OVZ6 template and expecting everything to magically work much better, only to realise SSHing into the bedroom suddenly doesn't work and when you lodge a chargeback, it's permanently declined.

which is why you never marry and fuck sl00ts instead

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited June 2019

http://bfy.tw/Nz9M

That should help.

• Carefully

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Which Centos distro is nice for desktop?

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@cybertech said:
    Which Centos distro is nice for desktop?

Ubuntu.

(They're all Linuxes, really).

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@cybertech said:
    Which Centos distro is nice for desktop?

Fedora is of the same family as RHEL/CentOS.

Thanked by 2cybertech TimboJones
  • perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited June 2019

get a vps at a company that is always down and you don't make backups,

trust me you will see how fast you learn how to manage a vps. best lesson ever(maybe).

@Ouji said:

imok said: False statement. The most used and easiest distro is CentOS 7.

In your case -> just stick with debian (as you already know it and are used to it).

Both debian and CentOs are OK and none is really "better" (besides subjective preferences). But: Do not use Ubuntu on a server. Oh, and in case you want to go really hardcore and puristic -> slackware.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Ouji
  • donlidonli Member

@jsg said:

Both debian and CentOs are OK and none is really "better" (besides subjective preferences). But: Do not use Ubuntu on a server. Oh, and in case you want to go really hardcore and puristic -> slackware.

If you want stability and don't care that your software is a few years behind the times CentOs. If you want more bleeding edge Debian. If you are already familiar with Debian based systems just stick with Debian for servers.

• donlidonli Member

@perryoo11 said:
    get a vps at a company that is always down and you don't make backups,

trust me you will see how fast you learn how to manage a vps. best lesson ever(maybe).

Not losing something at least once a month because of a floppy disk failure really hinders kids these days from developing good backup habits.