August 2011 Dead Pool Discussion
One thing I want to do is to have a dedicated monthly thread to talk about the dead pool provider to help me to know what was going on, before I post the dead pool list on LowEndBox.com one week after the start of the month. I have only been tracking providers using my scripts and due to busyness I can't visit WHT that often to soak in all the industry news. So maybe some of you might be able to help out reporting the dead and zombie providers.
August has almost finished, and so far I've got:
- BeyondAllKnowledge.com -- have been showing the cPanel suspended account page since 28 August.
- ClubUptime.com -- okay. Their website died at the beginning of the month and we all sort of knew what was going on.
- EdgeVPS.com -- now part of "Thunder Cloud Games". Future of their existing VPS clients are still unknown.
- IPAP.co -- their website is still online. However judging from the response from their latest thread, it looks like a zombie provider where no one is providing support.
- OneDollarVPS.com -- looks like Alex/Barry from HostSign.co.uk did a runner. Promised that it would be back online, but yet nothing for now.
- TropicHost.com -- also on the watch list of Dead Pool July 2011, but Donald said that they will be back soon. Supposedly on 23 August but a week later there is still no sign.
Blog at LowEndBox.com.