Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotmail started blocking Mailchannels
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hotmail started blocking Mailchannels

adamzadamz Member
edited June 2019 in Providers

Heads up to anyone using Mailchannels. Today I started getting "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" from Hotmail. Gmail seems to be fine for now. So far there are two types 451 4.7.650 - IP rate limit and 450 4.7.1 [EAB] 550 5.7.1 - blocklist. It took 6-7hrs for emails to come back as undeliverable.

Btw. I do not send mass nor unsolicited emails, these are notifications to active contract clients.

Not sure when it started, but I was communicating with one Hotmail using client last night around 6:30pm CET and he replied today.

Comments

• Did you reported this to Mailchannels ? Probably short problem du to abuse, more than hotmail trying to block Mailchannel.

• adamzadamz Member
    edited June 2019

This was a heads up for the LET community. I did not contact mailchannels support, because I have no business relation with them. My hosting provider relays emails through them and he is always monitoring this forum.

But I have one question for the community: there have been issues with Mailchannels even before today, for example emails ending up in Junk folder. So I am wondering if it would be beneficial to setup email account with provider like Gmail or Hotmail and use that one for client notifications. I only need few dozens outgoing emails a day so any caps they have are probably fine.

• You should then contact your relays provider. This is not is support platform.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • adamzadamz Member

@ben47955 said:
    You should then contact your relays provider. This is not is support platform.

Buddy, who made you the moderator here ?

My info is more informational to LET community here than your bullying. Go take a pill.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

For few dozens, use Mailgun Free.

• sanvitsanvit Member

Doesn't MailChannels mix through IPs untill they get an unblocked one? Can this possibly mean that the whole mailchannel infrastructure can't send mail to hotmail?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@adamz said:

@ben47955 said:
    You should then contact your relays provider. This is not is support platform.

Buddy, who made you the moderator here ?

My info is more informational to LET community here than your bullying. Go take a pill.

What he mean..... Contact your provider.

We didn't face any problem with MC, you are probably using a blacklisted IP pool, which Mailchannels can resolve in a few second only.

This should be done before opening a thread on LET about an hypotical ban of Mailchannels by Hotmail.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Radi said: For few dozens, use Mailgun Free.

Mailgun is horrible, they are so commonly abused for spam that unless you pay for a dedicated IP you are better just using your own (unless you are on a bad ASN). We had our IP blacklisted with them 3 times over the course of 2 years.

Thanked by 2Razza sgheghele
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@SplitIce said:

Radi said: For few dozens, use Mailgun Free.

Mailgun is horrible, they are so commonly abused for spam that unless you pay for a dedicated IP you are better just using your own (unless you are on a bad ASN). We had our IP blacklisted with them 3 times over the course of 2 years.

Well, at least it should work fine with Google since they're the one recommending it.

• adamzadamz Member
    edited June 2019

Until there is better solution, I have created account [email protected], configured forwarding in Gmail settings and created identity in email client using this Gmail account for SMTP. Tested with my wife's Hotmail and it works fine, gets delivered instantly and does not go to junk folder.

As for the concerns that I should contact support, since undeliverable notices are coming from Mailchannels themselves, with the volume they are having, they should get a popup on their dashboard within seconds from Hotmail placing restriction. All my Hotmail emails today failed and every Undeliverable came from different relay node.

Also with all the nonsense that is being discussed regularly on this board, I am surprised about the reaction to the actual useful info. For example I rely havily on email and would like to know that my emails may be sitting on the relay for 6hrs before they bounce back to me instead of expecting them to be instantly delivered.

• RazzaRazza Member

SplitIce said: Mailgun is horrible

Petty much out of all the major transactional mail provider they are the worst some of their shared ip are quite bad and can't even get inbox at Hotmail.

In my experience the best transactional mail for deliverable in order of best to worst is Amazon SES -> SendGrid then Mailgun.

sanvit said: Well, at least it should work fine with Google

The thing about Google/Gmail is it normally quite easy to get inbox there anyway as long as the sending ip is not blacklisted to hell and your not sending junk.

• @Razza said:

Petty much out of all the major transactional mail provider they are the worst some of their shared ip are quite bad and can't even get inbox at Hotmail.

In my experience the best transactional mail for deliverable in order of best to worst is Amazon SES -> SendGrid then Mailgun.

The thing about Google/Gmail is it normally quite easy to get inbox there anyway as long as the sending ip is not blacklisted to hell and your not sending junk.

It's pretty easy to get out in the promotional tab at Gmail. Which is right next to spam.

• everyone just started to block everyone :D

• @Razza said:

I agree.

Without a dedicated IP address (that costs not very little), with both Mailgun and Sendgrid you get a shared IP that many spamers use as well - so e-mails get blocked, or end up in a spam folder, for "coming from a known spaming IP".

Also prefer Sendgrid to Mailgun.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2019

Thats always the issue with these mail providers, which using a shared ip pool.
    Either you get dedicated ip's or you send the emails by yourself.

3 of 3 providers I used, all had this problem at some point.
    That was kinda annoying.

Sending email directly, gets you not blacklisted, but it may not land directly inside the inbox, even with rdns, spf.... but thats a sacrifice I take for my use cases.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

We use Google Gsuite on the receiving end and now use them to send as well. Only good for low-medium volume due to limits and the costs of raising them (more users).

Far better deliverability than DigitalOcean's IP range and Mailgun and costs nothing additional.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

I use G Suite and SES. Costs me $5, including the G Suite license.