Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haendler.it again in trouble
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Haendler.it again in trouble

OseriOseri Member

Hello,

As we say here, "it's raining over wet ground" for @GameTownProjects. Excerpt from email I've just received (Google-translated):

"We apologize for the currently occurring failures at our Düsseldorf location.

"Due to heat issues, some of our host systems have already shut down. Unfortunately, we currently lack the necessary equipment to solve the problem sustainably. We strive to quickly find a solution that allows us to ensure even on hot days like today more stable operation."

That's bad luck, first hackers and now the weather...

Comments

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Oseri said:
    Hello,

As we say here, "it's raining over wet ground" for @GameTownProjects. Excerpt from email I've just received (Google-translated):

"We apologize for the currently occurring failures at our Düsseldorf location.

"Due to heat issues, some of our host systems have already shut down. Unfortunately, we currently lack the necessary equipment to solve the problem sustainably. We strive to quickly find a solution that allows us to ensure even on hot days like today more stable operation."

That's bad luck, first hackers and now the weather...

No worries, it will rain here in Düsseldorf tomorrow, so their gear get some water cooling for free.

Thanked by 1pike
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

When it rains, it pours.

Join Nigh sect.

• To be fair, I am malfunctioning too because of the weather.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

Good thing you aren't a mod any more then. You'd have given me a warning for no apparent reason.

• cmeerwcmeerw Member

I am a bit confused as I would have thought that they are just renting some space in a datacentre, and the datacentre should be responsible for adequate cooling (unless there isn't sufficient air-flow within the rack)?

• @cmeerw said:
    I am a bit confused as I would have thought that they are just renting some space in a datacentre, and the datacentre should be responsible for adequate cooling (unless there isn't sufficient air-flow within the rack)?

They're with myloc (myloc.de), and they have 810kW peak-cooling load according to https://www.stulz-benelux.com/en/projects/myloc/

• OseriOseri Member

@FoxelVox said:

@cmeerw said:

They're with myloc (myloc.de), and they have 810kW peak-cooling load according to https://www.stulz-benelux.com/en/projects/myloc/

For the non-infrastructure people, is it theoretically enough or how short does it fall? I'm not German but 31 Celsius seem a little too high for there.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Sounds like a failed AC unit or bad datacenter air conditioning design in general. From my early days working at a large (local) datacenter operator, I remember a shtty situation when we had a failed AC unit in combination with a planned maintenance for the second (backup) unit. Cooling down 60 racks from 45°C room temperature to ~36°C with regular Fans is not cool (wordplay*) and involves quite a lot asking customers (how this could happen...).

Also thermal design within racks sometimes matters most. We had some really bad experience with HP servers shutting them down itself, as they reached one degree more temperature at a very odd sensor. Disabling thermal shutdowns solved that, equipment is still running well since > 3 years from disabling.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Oseri said:

For the non-infrastructure people, is it theoretically enough or how short does it fall? I'm not German but 31 Celsius seem a little too high for there.

This year is, compared to last summer, not very warm.

I would doubt that it is a problem with myloc itself or we had heard more about it by now?

• donlidonli Member

Obviously not a summer host.