Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Budgetvm so terrible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Budgetvm so terrible

holinhotholinhot Member
edited May 2019 in General

I have about 90+ dedicated servers with budgetvm, Their system is very junk, lots of bugs, and I told them they would ignore it.

Like if you have some server got suspension on Overdue payment, then you paid invoice some server about 20% can't Unsuspension, but portal still show server is active when you open support ticket report this issue, they will tell you they switch port is up . But actually the port is down because Unsuspension failed, I think they have a bug with bulk Unsuspension server.

Recently they updated the new portal but Server traffic upgrade feature can not work, I have a server got 90% traffic used, so I open an support ticket for this issue, they support can't help for me just forwarded my ticket to sales, they sales only work Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm so I am worried that my server is suspension. I got a reply from sales after 8 hours.

Sales: 'I am aware of this bug, I have currently disabled bandwidth suspensions for overage until it has been resolved.'

Today this bug still not yet has been resolved, but my server has been suspension, I have open an support ticket but they support can't help me, Always say please reply wait sales response but sales only work Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm, so server will be down for more than 12 hours, if it may exceed 48 hours on weekends,

I have with them for more than 3 years, their Tier 2 is terrible, each response takes more than 12 hours, and seems to work only at 8am to 5pm.

Four Hour Hardware Replacement SLA Is a lie. I have a server hard disk fail ask for replace they take over 12 hours, and on-site seems to work only at 8am to 5pm.

My advice is if you looking for a key business hosting don't to go budgetvm, If hosting a garbage business you can work with they, save cost

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

So as per your experience, they aren't the "The Virtualization Experts" they claim to be?

Probably just move to Vultr or DigitalOcean I'd say.

• holinhotholinhot Member
    edited May 2019

@BlaZe said:
    So as per your experience, they aren't the "The Virtualization Experts" they claim to be?

II have never used their VPS, I have 90+ dedicated servers with

• YuraYura Member

@holinhot said:

@BlaZe said:

Are you a masochist having 90 dedis with company you hate or one that treats you so badly by your own definition?

The only thing I can recommend to you is get more servers with them.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

Did you cancel all 90 servers yet?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@holinhot said:

@BlaZe said:

Ok, so, you don't have VPS with them. Well, they don't boast that they are "The Dedicated Server Experts" so you cannot blame them. They are just "The Virtualization Experts", live with it.

Find a different company, move on. Change is the only constant.

@MrRadic is having some promo/offer running, you can check them out: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157836/3-data-centers-18-let-approved-dedicated-server-deals-150tb-bw-ddos-protection-instant-setup#latest

(ReliableSite.net)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:

This. If not, then YOU are the reason why they are "so terrible" per your own words. You write a negative review about how bad they are, yet you pay them for 90+ servers. They have no incentive to fix things or be a better company when people like you are willing to throw money at them. They have bugs they won't fix, they have issues that impact your service, and yet you continue to pay them to be "so terrible". I'm sorry but only you have the power to fix the situation.

• ricardoricardo Member

holinhot said: I told them they would ignore it.

Give them better orders

• Is it one dedicated with $90+ per month or 90 dedicated servers ?

• BeeManBeeMan Member

ErawanArifNugroho said: Is it one dedicated with $90+ per month or 90 dedicated servers ?

Same doubt :no_mouth:

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Is it one dedicated with $90+ per month or 90 dedicated servers ?

90+ dedicated servers I did talk about price

• @KuJoe said:

@JoeMerit said:

This. If not, then YOU are the reason why they are "so terrible" per your own words. You write a negative review about how bad they are, yet you pay them for 90+ servers. They have no incentive to fix things or be a better company when people like you are willing to throw money at them. They have bugs they won't fix, they have issues that impact your service, and yet you continue to pay them to be "so terrible". I'm sorry but only you have the power to fix the situation.

90 servers is a relatively large business, migration will be difficult, but I will try in the future

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@holinhot said:

@KuJoe said:

@JoeMerit said:

90 servers is a relatively large business, migration will be difficult, but I will try in the future

So they aren't a terrible company and you posted a fake review?

• holinhotholinhot Member
    edited May 2019

@KuJoe said:

@holinhot said:

@KuJoe said:

@JoeMerit said:

So they aren't a terrible company and you posted a fake review?

Not a fake review, review is 100% true,
    my 90+ server hosting some garbage business, for key business I did not work with they

• m... Garbage provider for garbage business? Is that what you try to say?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

OP's review in a nutshell.

"It wasn't for my needs. But I feel entitled to PMS, so here I am, PMSing like a bitch. By the by, kiddos on LET, I've got 90 servers."

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

A customer with 90 dedis can make any and every provider except the largest behemoths very attentive and dance to its tune.

Unless, of course, the customer was unwise enough to use its power to push the provider into a deal that's quite bad for the provider.

Whatever, from what I see a customer with 90 dedis complaining here looks strange. But granted, the provider staying mum (here) also looks very strange (Btw. who runs Budgetvm? Is he here at LET?)

@holinhot said:

Pardon me, but NO. If some anybody with 1 dedi and maybe a couple of VPSs says that, he can be forgiven. But running some dozen or even almost 100 dedis without some planning, provisions, and automation just says "I'm a clueless derp!", sorry.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@budgetvm maybe?

edited May 2019

@teamacc said:
    @budgetvm maybe?

Oh laughing me sometimes dumb ...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited May 2019

@jsg said:

@teamacc said:
    @budgetvm maybe?

Last I checked it was @Ishaq

Edit: it is budgetnode, sorry.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@jsg said:

@teamacc said:
    @budgetvm maybe?

last active 6 years ago though.

• @jsg said:
    A customer with 90 dedis can make any and every provider except the largest behemoths very attentive and dance to its tune.

Unless, of course, the customer was unwise enough to use its power to push the provider into a deal that's quite bad for the provider.

Whatever, from what I see a customer with 90 dedis complaining here looks strange. But granted, the provider staying mum (here) also looks very strange (Btw. who runs Budgetvm? Is he here at LET?)

@holinhot said:

Pardon me, but NO. If some anybody with 1 dedi and maybe a couple of VPSs says that, he can be forgiven. But running some dozen or even almost 100 dedis without some planning, provisions, and automation just says "I'm a clueless derp!", sorry.

But they can't provide a powerful automation system like ovh, and when support is powerless, it will be a nightmare.

@holinhot said:

@jsg said:

But they can't provide a powerful automation system like ovh, and when support is powerless, it will be a nightmare.

They? Is your business/operation theirs or yours? And even if you thought that all that should be provided for by them (which wouldn't be exactly smart) then, why the hell didn't you check that before signing up?

I miss the old days where "automation" was non-existent.

These days, the kids have it easy.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@deank said:
    I miss the old days where "automation" was non-existent.

These days, the kids have it easy.

DO YOU HAVE PHP SELECTER

I DO NOT.

• @jsg said:

@holinhot said:

Wtf? You've got it backwards. The difficulty and time consuming part is planning and dealing with the customers. Even with it all automated, notifying and handling IP changes and maintenence windows, that's nothing to dealing with the customer impact.

But before he does a mass migration, he needs to find another provider that is better and migrate over time so he doesn't have the same problem elsewhere.

@TimboJones

Uhm, are there customers?

@holinhot said:
    my 90+ server hosting some garbage business, for key business I did not work with they

may well mean some kind of (non provider) business of his own.

Be that as it may, if one has a couple of dozen dedis for anything of any value one should have some mitigation plans prepared incl. for the worst case of switching ones provider.

Also keep in mind that he is with them for 3 years so he had plenty of opportunity and time to switch dedis to another provider in a way that would suit him and any customers (if that is the case) and that would allow for switching comfortably even if some customers reacted very slowly.

• holinhot said: but my server has been suspension

Thank you for this post.

In dire moments when the universe wants to eat me, it's simple things like these that make me think maybe it just wants to hug me, sooo strong, that i may become a squishy part of it. And then feelings of happiness and love proceed.

The potatoe, so potassible.

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Janevski said:

holinhot said: but my server has been suspension

Thank you for this post.

In dire moments when the universe wants to eat me, it's simple things like these that make me think maybe it just wants to hug me, sooo strong, that i may become a squishy part of it. And then feelings of happiness and love proceed.

The potatoe, so potassible.

@Janevski, you're nearly poetic. :smile:

Thanked by 1Janevski