Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania

Comments

• @Foul said:

cybertech said: any love for kvm?

Cocui doing KVM?

That's a fat chance that'd never happen.

I'm already fat

Just waiting for chance

• With the switch to debian 8 everything installed properly without putting the whammy on ssh. Now I am where I thought I would be yesterday. All in all, not bad, however, I would not have figured out what the problem was without help from this community. Thank you!

• msattmsatt Member

@kamhighway - Do you or anyone else know if fuse or NFS client works immediately with Debian 8 on these VMs?
    Thanks.

• FUSE and NFS are handled at the VPS instance layer. If it's not turned on then what OS you run makes no difference.

Thanked by 1msatt
  • msattmsatt Member

Starting to feel disappointed with this VM.
    The good points are price, bandwidth, speed and disk capacity.
    Bad points - fuse, nfs and iptables are not working properly.
    Support / fix is VERY slow. I totally accept cociu's efforts but a VM should provide basic requirements and at present this server is not :neutral: (sorry).

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Think of all you're learning. Next time you'll know a whole bunch of more questions to ask before you buy. :) In my case I don't need FUSE, I don't run iptables, and NFS - while it would be nice - isn't a showstopper for me. I think @dahartigan has done some magic with sshfs you might look in to.

• msatt said: iptables are not working properly

I'm curious what you mean by this? I haven't tried to add any rules to my iptables until now but when I did it appeared to accept it. Wondered what you're getting.

• msattmsatt Member

@skorous said:
    Think of all you're learning. Next time you'll know a whole bunch of more questions to ask before you buy. :) In my case I don't need FUSE, I don't run iptables, and NFS - while it would be nice - isn't a showstopper for me. I think @dahartigan has done some magic with sshfs you might look in to.

Oh my skills in Linux are Ok thanks - it is the skills in openvz and the poor communication / support.
    I am fine with sshfs - it uses fuse !!!! :(

@skorous said:

msatt said: iptables are not working properly

I'm curious what you mean by this? I haven't tried to add any rules to my iptables until now but when I did it appeared to accept it. Wondered what you're getting.

Alter the INPUT policy to drop and lose external communications.

• msatt said: Oh my skills in Linux are Ok thanks

Sorry if I accidentally insulted you. I meant you're learning what to ask about OpenVZ hosting. I've made some of the same mistakes previously.

msatt said: I am fine with sshfs - it uses fuse !!!!

Oh, duh. Sorry, doing two things at once and didn't think that through. :blush:

Thanked by 1msatt
  • msatt said: Alter the INPUT policy to drop and lose external communications.

Interesting ... yeah, and it doesn't appear to come back with a flush.

• @msatt said:
    @kamhighway - Do you or anyone else know if fuse or NFS client works immediately with Debian 8 on these VMs?
    Thanks.

I don't use Fuse or NFS clients so cannot offer any knowledge. Once I switched to Debian 8, I've been able to make changes without losing remote ssh so things are running the way I want. This is going to work out well for me.

Thanked by 1msatt
  • kamhighway said: I've been able to make changes without losing remote ssh

I think msatt is talking about a different issue with ssh than you are.

• Anyone knows How to change error message in SSH mode, in Ubuntu VPS - Feed me more Sisters

Like custom error message?

Thanks

• msattmsatt Member
    edited June 2019

So far 2 out of 3 fixed -
    fuse & iptables working. NFS still not working.
    At least with fuse I can access my remote systems and use the server as it was intended i.e. backup cloud storage.
    Now all I want is stability and this will have been a good investment.
    I am feeling happier :smile:

Update - I am pleased to say the server is now fully working properly :smile:
    Took a few support messages / reboots and time but hopefully got the server sorted and assuming service continues I will be happily renewing next year.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @msatt Which OS did you decide on?

• msattmsatt Member

Kept with 16.04, did not have the ssh problem.

• @msatt I'm glad it is working for you. I banged my head on 16.04 for a couple of days and could not figure out was breaking ssh.

Thanked by 1msatt
  • @msatt Out of curiousity, did they give you any hope on the nfs issue?

• msattmsatt Member

@skorous - NFS is working fine. iptables magically fixed itself without me mentioning anything. fuse is also working via sshfs. So I am happy with 16.04 :smile:

• Interesting ... I'm getting mount.nfs: No such device . I guess I'll have to put in a ticket. :)

• So much for 15 mins target ticket resolution. my new server was suspended for billing even though I paid for 6 months. Submitted a ticket and no reply for over a day now.

• msattmsatt Member

@skorous said:
    Interesting ... I'm getting mount.nfs: No such device . I guess I'll have to put in a ticket. :)

Yep - mine took about 3 attempts till they got it working.
    As mentioned before fuse & nfs must be configured in the host for them to work in the VM.
    Hopefully it will be quicker due to the new support people - looks like they are both called Adrian !!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

• anubisanubis Member

Has anyone managed to cahnge the size of the swap?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@anubis said:

not with an OVZ container...

Thanked by 1anubis
  • anubisanubis Member

@dfroe said:

@anubis said:

not with an OVZ container...

Damn, its way too small...

Thanked by 1kamhighway
  • I also wish i could increase the size of the swap partition.

Thanked by 1anubis
  • another day, server down and havent replied to the ticket...

• anubisanubis Member

@kamhighway said:
    I also wish i could increase the size of the swap partition.

They replied to my ticket that they dont do any modifications because it was an offer. The swap is so small thats pointless.

• donlidonli Member

@anubis said:

@kamhighway said:
    I also wish i could increase the size of the swap partition.

They replied to my ticket that they dont do any modifications because it was an offer. The swap is so small thats pointless.

Yes small swap is bad. They should be giving you no swap.

Thanked by 2skorous ragtop4