Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nextcloud host needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nextcloud host needed

JKAJKA Member

I am looking for a Nextcloud host to replace the hetzner.de I have now.

I need a few things that Hetzner do not offer.

1. I want to use my own TLD
  2. I want to be able to install updated, not having to wait for others to deploy

I need around 500 GB
2 users
Nextcloud already installed or one click installer.
Not hosted in the US

budget 10 / 14 Euro a month.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

My sense is that you'd do better with a VPS in this case.

In principle, a big shared hosting account could work, but I don't immediately recall seeing such big shared hosting accounts advertised.

• Where are you looking to host if not US?

I would go for VPS (more control) but not sure if there’s a one click installer but there are loads of tutorials online.

• if I remember correctly @time4vps storage VPS have an openvz template with owncloud.

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • BeeManBeeMan Member

angstrom said: I don't immediately recall seeing such big shared hosting accounts advertised.

Unlimited disk space :p :lol:

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

WisHosting KVM HDD 500 + ReinerNippes Ansible playbook

Thanked by 1skorous
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Our storage VPS line might be of interest: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?gid=2

As part of the setup we can install Nextcloud/Owncloud for you

Our Storage VPS line is based in Winnipeg, Canada. Not sure if that is sufficiently far from the US or not for you.

• snzsnz Member

@JKA said:

I use a Hetzner VPS + Hetzner Storage Box mounted as a cifs share + docker nextcloud
    This will add 3€ to your current setup but you'll also have a nice VPS :)

Traffic does not count as it's internal traffic, speed is quite fine

@de2 /mnt ❯❯❯ rsync --progress test.bin main_cloud test.bin 1,073,741,824 100% 163.31MB/s 0:00:06 (xfr#1, to-chk=0/1)

I'ts not as cheap as UltraVPS.eu but it'll scale better (up to 10tb i think)

Thanked by 2vimalware Hetzner_OL
  • williewillie Member

I used vultr's 1 click installer and it worked ok. They have locations outside the US but they are a US company, don't know if that works for you. I remember deciding that was the easiest way to try nextcloud since self-install looked complicated. But I should figure out how to do it.

• @angstrom said:

In principle, a big shared hosting account could work, but I don't immediately recall seeing such big shared hosting accounts advertised.

Really? The minimum clicks mentality calls for VPS? This guy won't want to deal with setup, security and updates.

He needs a Nextcloud partner that does all the hand holding for him. He should user a provider listed on the official providers page link provided above.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

Really? The minimum clicks mentality calls for VPS? This guy won't want to deal with setup, security and updates.

He needs a Nextcloud partner that does all the hand holding for him. He should user a provider listed on the official providers page link provided above.

Well, the OP -- who just signed up today -- doesn't seem reactive anyway.

• edited May 2019

Wishosting KVM HDD 500 would do you great except there is no one click installer.
    https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited May 2019

@snz said:

@JKA said:

I use a Hetzner VPS + Hetzner Storage Box mounted as a cifs share + docker nextcloud
    This will add 3€ to your current setup but you'll also have a nice VPS :)

Traffic does not count as it's internal traffic, speed is quite fine

@de2 /mnt ❯❯❯ rsync --progress test.bin main_cloud test.bin 1,073,741,824 100% 163.31MB/s 0:00:06 (xfr#1, to-chk=0/1)

I'ts not as cheap as UltraVPS.eu but it'll scale better (up to 10tb i think)

I nearly do the same as this, but I use their volumes instead of the storage box mounted :-) was thinking of a storage box to take backups from it though.

Works great.

• poissonpoisson Member

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

Someone didn't get the price memo.

• Nate812Nate812 Member

Get a Hetzner Cloud VM, use block storage.

Use DO with Wasabi.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2019

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

Took about 3 minutes to find 500GB for 14.49 a month. I'm sure others could be found around 14 after spending more than 3 minutes searching.

But regardless of price, this guy can't do it himself.

Edit: spent another few minutes, 8 euro / mo for 500GB. https://billing.owncube.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

Took about 3 minutes to find 500GB for 14.49 a month. I'm sure others could be found around 14 after spending more than 3 minutes searching.

As I said, the guy isn't reactive (he's probably disappeared), so all discussion is moot anyway.

But, for the sake of argument, just to challenge you: does the offer that you found for 14.49/m (i) allow for the use of one's own TLD and (ii) allow one to update the Nextcloud installation on one's own? (Since these two things that the OP wants)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

As I said, the guy isn't reactive (he's probably disappeared), so all discussion is moot anyway.

But, for the sake of argument, just to challenge you: does the offer that you found for 14.49/m (i) allow for the use of one's own TLD and (ii) allow one to update the Nextcloud installation on one's own? (Since these two things that the OP wants)

Dunno, I got tired of converting pages to English.

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

Dunno, I got tired of converting pages to English.

I suspect not (I'm familiar with several of those Nextcloud hosting offers).

In any case, the OP seems to want contradictory things: the freedom that a VPS would give, but also someone to hold his hand.

• poissonpoisson Member

@angstrom said:

You are patient enough to spell it out. I just couldn't be bothered to write too much because this guy obviously has comprehension issues most of the time.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • williewillie Member

I'm gonna try to migrate my instance from vultr to my mostly-idle buyvm slice. That will also give me a use for the storage slab.