Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a script similar to co.cc (create subdomains and manage DNS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a script similar to co.cc (create subdomains and manage DNS)

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Hello, I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction to save me a lot of time because the almighty Google has failed me. Basically want a script that allows people to register a subdomain off a domain I own and manage the DNS records for it on my own DNS servers or a hosted DNS service (I'm flexible and willing to use paid services if the script requires it).

PHP preferred.
Open source preferred.
My budget is flexible depending on the features, licensing, etc...

This is a request for a ready made or partially made script (like if there's an open source project with some functionality I can pick it up from there). I'm not really looking to hire somebody to code this because my budget isn't that high.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If you run a PDNS cluster, the panel most likely also has a API.
    But No idea what kind of dns servers you running currently.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:

I'll look into if it has an API, I'm not sure why I never thought of that. I'm not running any at the moment. I'd prefer PowerDNS since I have the most experience with it but I'm flexible and willing to use any DNS server or service.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@KuJoe said:

@Neoon said:

I'll look into if it has an API, I'm not sure why I never thought of that. I'm not running any at the moment. I'd prefer PowerDNS since I have the most experience with it but I'm flexible and willing to use any DNS server or service.

PDNS = PowerDNS

https://pdnsmanager.org/

This one has an API.

• I wrote something remotely resembles this feature a while back. (For a local blogging platform)

It also used PowerDNS with a wrapper I found. Couldn't remember the name but it was using Python to change power dns thingies.

• solairesolaire Member

As you want PHP, this could help as a base: https://github.com/AfriCC/php-pdns-client

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Looking to revive/re-stock Afreecloud Web Hosting? :)

Thanked by 2KuJoe BeardyUnixGuy
  • that_guythat_guy Member
    edited May 2019

If you dont necessarily want to host, manage and customize/brand it yourself, check out afraid.org!
    You can host your domain on their DNS, and then either let everyone register subdomains, or set the domain to private and deny subdomains to anyone you dont want (AFAIR).
    They also offer vanity DNS and maybe you can customize the signuppage. So there actually is a bit of branding/whitelabeling.

Thanked by 1KuJoe

@that_guy said:
    If you dont necessarily want to host, manage and customize/brand it yourself, check out afraid.org!
    You can host your domain on their DNS, and then either let everyone register subdomains, or set the domain to private and deny subdomains to anyone you dont want (AFAIR).
    They also offer vanity DNS and maybe you can customize the signuppage. So there actually is a bit of branding/whitelabeling.

That sounds awesome, I've got to check that out. :smile:

@Ympker said:

Yup! :wink:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@KuJoe said:

@that_guy said:

That sounds awesome, I've got to check that out. :smile:

@Ympker said:

Yup! :wink:

Good luck :)

• Wouldn't it be possible to use the cloudflare API to create subdomains with DNS?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Using Cloudflare's API without any issues myself as well.

I'd prefer to not use Cloudflare if possible but I'll add it to the list in case nothing else works out. :)