Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol, somebody just loves one of our work.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lol, somebody just loves one of our work.

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
edited May 2019 in General

I will profit from this moment and advertise that we are actually good at what we do. (hehe)

We have been adding one of our hosting templates that we released two years ago [Lowendhost] completely for free here and there. Also at WHMCS Marketplace. Though we updated our website and we do not have any more free items and removed all the current ones from anywhere. Here's what i recieved a day ago. This guy just doesn't get off.

Images removed by a moderator.

lol..

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• vovlervovler Member

sEnD tHe TeMpLaTe NoW!1!1!

• Please send the template now !
    Btw, you should consider hide some thing in your screenshot.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@ben47955 said:
    Please send the template now !

Some email titles and the link of our webmail panel, i'll risk it.

Or you mean about maluma in the background? Can't hide it. I like it.

• LeviLevi Member

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

You exposed your mail client url. Roundcube is not the safest solution out there. And this is let with all those dark crawlers and lurkers. I'd be very afraid.

@LTniger said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

You exposed your mail client url. Roundcube is not the safest solution out there. And this is let with all those dark crawlers and lurkers. I'd be very afraid.

Isn't that like the normal login panel for webmail for most of online companies out here that do not use gmail/hotmail for business? If somebody does breach into our email, i'll make sure i never use that ever again, if it's not safe and can be hacked just by the link.

Better now that later.

• @armandorg said:

@LTniger said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

Isn't that like the normal login panel for webmail for most of online companies out here that do not use gmail/hotmail for business? If somebody does breach into our email, i'll make sure i never use that ever again, if it's not safe and can be hacked just by the link.

Better now that later.

You don’t use GSuite? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!

/s

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@doghouch said:

@armandorg said:

@LTniger said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

Better now that later.

You don’t use GSuite? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!

/s

ssssSsssssSssssss I'm a ssssssnek

• solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

The name of the guy you were talking to is visible in full as well as his contact info.. pretty sure that's a violation of your privacy policy.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

It's french canadian, so don't count them as canadians...

Thanked by 2skorous TimboJones
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

AKA Quebecois.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So, did you send it?

• AmitzAmitz Member

lol, this world...

• @solaire said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

The name of the guy you were talking to is visible in full as well as his contact info.. pretty sure that's a violation of your privacy policy.

They don't have a privacy policy on the site. Regardless, showing the "clients" details is just not kosher. It's not professional. Especially for a company based in EU.

He is emailing me all his infos and is nowhere similar to catching his infos in my website or from a member database.

We don’t store any information, ip or track anything at all in our websites. Besides the contact form that you yourself are giving to us with your own goodwill.

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@solaire said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

They don't have a privacy policy on the site. Regardless, showing the "clients" details is just not kosher. It's not professional. Especially for a company based in EU.

Indeed it is and will be added no later than next week. Can’t fight back on this one : (

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@solaire said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

I don't think that they're based in the EU. (Even so, not so kosher.)

• solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

@armandorg said:
    He is emailing me all his infos and is nowhere similar to catching his infos in my website or from a member database.

We don’t store any information, ip or track anything at all in our websites. Besides the contact form that you yourself are giving to us with your own goodwill.

Wow. You sure need a few lessons when it comes to privacy, or having a company in general. Emails are considered confidential under EU law just like regular mail. Failure to comply with this law, that is, leaking any mail conversation open to the public is a violation of aforementioned law. Next, contact information and anything remotely close to that is considered personal information under EU law and failure to protect this information as instructed by this law can lead to serious fines. Even if they just "put it in my mailbox on your goodwill".

• armandorg said: Besides the contact form that you yourself are giving to us with your own goodwill

People using your contact form are under the impression that they are sharing those details (and message) with you and you alone.

I'm pretty sure that no one using the contact form would agree to you sharing their details (name, email) with an entire online community... especially a dodgy/shady/sketchy community like LET. No offense LET ;-)

Ouchie, dude (OP), you are heading in the wrong direction here.

• @angstrom said:

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@solaire said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

That is correct. Albania is an EU applicant, and not an official member.

edited May 2019

Doesn't matter he's in EU or not at this point. This whole thread and his replies are giving out quite bad vibes.

I'd ask a mod to delete the thread if I had the balls.

• solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@angstrom said:

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@solaire said:

@armandorg said:

@ben47955 said:

That is correct. Albania is an EU applicant, and not an official member.

Well that obviously changes things. I'm no expert in Albanian privacy laws, but as they want to enter EU, they're likely close to EU laws or soon to be.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

brb outsourcing my work to someone that leaks contact info and private conversations for clout on LET.

• ricardoricardo Member

BeardyUnixGuy said: People using your contact form are under the impression that they are sharing those details (and message) with you and you alone.

I'm pretty sure that no one using the contact form would agree to you sharing their details (name, email) with an entire online community... especially a dodgy/shady/sketchy community like LET. No offense LET ;-)

This, though I've seen spam or people falling foul of the rules that seem to absolve their rights somehow on here - by getting their message edited to say something else by mods/admins.

The guy's approach is funny but indeed - sharing private conversations is not cool.

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy Falzo
  • DamianDamian Member

Thanked by 2armandorg armandorg

Yes, as already is mentioned in the previous replies, we are not in EU yet meaning 99% of EU laws do not apply in our country, yet.

That whatsoever does not mean that it is professional sharing or leaking emails and names though this guy is so annoying to touch my nerves resulting in me sharing it here how stupid he is and doesn’t get tired.

I do not like to do something bad or share anything that results in my agency being like a shady one and making it untrustful in the eyes of others. This however is more of ‘joke’, but oh oh well LET is being LET.

I honestly don’t even care if this guy gets a bulking spamming emails at this point as he is still emailing me.. : |

@SirFoxy said:
    brb outsourcing my work to someone that leaks contact info and private conversations for clout on LET.

No need to be so rude, buhh.. he is not even a client. I promise i won’t share any photo of you babe, if you’re my client : )

chill peep!

• solairesolaire Member
    edited May 2019

Business decisions shouldn't be based off emotions, ever. And that's all I have left to say about this. Publishing personal information of someone who touches your nerves is, no matter how you put it, to my opinion dead wrong and unprofessional. Part of doing business is talking to people who touch your nerves...

Thanked by 3deank FHR AlwaysSkint
  • ricardoricardo Member

armandorg said: chill peep!

I'm sure no ones worked up by it - try rephrase that to 'mods, please close the thread'.

edited May 2019

Yeah, very unprofessional.

Don't let PMS drive you.

edited May 2019

I’m touched.

Half of you didn’t give a crap untill someone mentioned the privacy and the leaks of that dude’s info a minute ago.

Now all in sudden are mother teresa

As much as i want to act professional, and ‘i’m doing my best’ i honestly wouldn’t change a thing for that. Though it was not even my attention.. just forgot to crop that part of his email. He deserves it though: | 2-3 new emails since.

The irony, guess some just love drama.

It's not about privacy though. Well, since you aren't getting it, I won't go far in it.

This discussion has been closed.