Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Resource Pool recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Resource Pool recommendations?

Hi Everyone!

I see deals from BigFootServers like this:
https://www.bigfootservers.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
and SparkVPS like this:
https://www.sparkvps.com/crm/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

but the comments on both of these providers tell me to stay away. Which I appreciate...
I bought some CloudAtCost resources a couple of years ago before reading reviews on them and have learned my lesson.

So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for VPS Resource pools that are with a semi-reliable provider. I'd love the ability to provide my own ISOs (not a requirement), and a yearly payment of $100-$200 would be awesome.

Or is the price point I'm asking about simply not enough to get reliable service like I am asking for?

Thanks!

Comments

• @anyNode but OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2019

@anyNode is quality, seems like a good group of dudes as well.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • I can't seem to find the resource pools options on their site...am I missing something?

• donlidonli Member

@AltReality said:
    I can't seem to find the resource pools options on their site...am I missing something?

See their post here on LET: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2974641

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

hostdoc

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @anyNode gets a vote from me as well, well worth it.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • s4suke7s4suke7 Member
    Thanked by 1anyNode
  • Regarding @anyNode, does the 1 core per VM work for people? it seems like a serious bottleneck to me. And I've heard OpenVZ won't do Windows VMs very well...is that accurate? thanks for the suggestions so far..any more out there?

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@AltReality said:
    Regarding @anyNode, does the 1 core per VM work for people? it seems like a serious bottleneck to me. And I've heard OpenVZ won't do Windows VMs very well...is that accurate? thanks for the suggestions so far..any more out there?

Windows doesn't work on OVZ. And yes 1 core will be a serious bottleneck with windows.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@AltReality said:
    Regarding @anyNode, does the 1 core per VM work for people? it seems like a serious bottleneck to me. And I've heard OpenVZ won't do Windows VMs very well...is that accurate? thanks for the suggestions so far..any more out there?

You just open a ticket to add more cores. Supports very helpful.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • HostDocHostDoc Member

You can take a look at our KVM resource pool offerings.
    All VMs have a 2vCore limit. 8 Locations.
    https://kvm.doctor/cloud

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @AltReality said:

I can provide KVM based resource pool out of virtualizor, if you're interested in Los Angeles, Psychz DC.

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the tags!

We do offer OVZ reseller plans and we can offer KVM on demand out of Miami. If you can let me know what specs I'll see whats in stock

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

anyNode looks to be very decent

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • I sent you a private message anyNode...thanks!

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

What kind of resources do you need? We have done resource pools in our Fremont datacenter in the past. You have full control over the storage and can upload ISOs, take snapshots, etc at will.

Usually we charge around $15/mo. for 4GB of RAM and around 100GB disk, which I could knock down-to $150/yr if you wanted to pay annually.

• @corbpie said:
    anyNode looks to be very decent

I'm happy to agree with you on that :)

I like that for $3 you can try it out for a month instead of gambling on a smaller yearly. Mine hasn't skipped a beat (and probably won't until the patch requires a node reboot)

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

You can get 2vCores, 2 Gb RAM, 100 Gb disk with unlimited traffic for $84 annually and install your iso or you can choose specs you need.

• $100-200 a year is far away from the old Cloud at Cost discount prices. Nearly all LET providers will be more stable than CAC.