Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

webhostingtalk.com SCAM/FAKE website with fake adverts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

webhostingtalk.com SCAM/FAKE website with fake adverts

Soft_Soft_ Member
edited May 2019 in General

Before some weeks i tried to leave a positive review for my hosting company which i found over google and i opened a topic.

After while an admin called "bear" notified me that i need to give some proofs to them for my claims where i opened a ticket to their help-desk and all proofs sent, then a different admin called " andy aka 'postbox'" started asking my personal details like where i leave, what is my birthday my phone number and to provide him my id. Of course i denied to do this and he said that my account is banned and i saw my topic has disappear even i provided all the legit proofs they ask.

I told this to my hosting provider to give them a notification too, they did replied to them via same way help-desk where again the admin of webhostingtalk.com with the same name "andy aka 'postbox'" asked from the hosting provider to subscribe to their membership plans called premium membership and when they denied he blocked them too.

Looking further more i see that there is a tactic of this website to promote only liquidweb hosting company and and their partner companies, there is multiple fake reviews positive and negative on webhostingtalk.com so guys be careful which hosting provider you do use and what you are posting on webhostingtalk.com , be careful with the dark role of those claiming to be the admins, over Internet there is multiple posts for their dark actions.

I opened the same topic here https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/webhostingtalk-com-scam-fake-website-with-fake-adverts.2857052/ and here : http://e-worldhosting.com/index.php?/topic/225715-webhostingtalkcom-scamfake-website-with-fake-adverts/

Is pending also in reddit since i am in touch with moderators to show them some further things.

Comments

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

It's not a scam, it's just a business in the form of a forum.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

To be a bit fair, legit positive reviews hardly exist in the current era.
    So, any webhosting forum is very, very, skeptical of positive reviews.

Additionally, on WHT, they are heavily crooked, even more so than LET here.

Thanked by 2KuJoe Chuck
  • Soft_Soft_ Member

Okay guys its just a business we agree on this! But this is some kind of illegal business, also why this admin "andy aka 'postbox'" asked for my id's what is he a police officer? What he would do with my personal information's? What about the freedom of speech? Its like some dictators operating the website for their dark purposes.

Imagine how much positives or negative reviews existing in webhostingtalk.com ! Imagine also how much crooked is their hosting provider liquidweb , it could be that the they are owners of them, only you see their paid adverts and only good words liquidweb.com, it could be a scam

This that i have experienced with them i never believed it can happen, i am member there much years and they just like that disabled my account.

@Deank i agree with this legit positive reviews hardly exists but check liquidweb.com all reviews are mostly fake.

edited May 2019

People with 2 digit IQ should be able to distinguish fake reviews from real reviews. The issue is mostly with people with a single digit IQ which there appear to be unexpectedly too many.

I left WHT about 6 or 7 years ago, so I don't really know what's going on there, but it was getting pretty bad when I left. They were too boldly becoming crooked.

Thanked by 2webcraft Sofia_K
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2019

You can post fake reviews all you want, you just have to post a review that confirms a common bias against a host that the majority of paid members hate (read: any large, underrepresented competitor). For example, you can post a negative review about an EIG brand while having never been a customer, and they'll just close out any reports of it.

Between the signature spam, the biased policing of reviews, and the rule exceptions given to friends/mods, WHT has long since become a place that no one should be visiting. If it can't be objective, it can't be informative. If it can't be informative, it can't be useful.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Soft_Soft_ Member

@deank said:
    People with 2 digit IQ should be able to distinguish fake reviews from real reviews. The issue is mostly with people with a single digit IQ which there appear to be unexpectedly too many.

I left WHT about 6 or 7 years ago, so I don't really know what's going on there, but it was getting pretty bad when I left. They were too boldly becoming crooked.

Do you know also this scamer admin "andy aka 'postbox'" , isn't it illegal he asks's for id's? I am pretty much concerned for the privacy of there, imagine what is happening to people there which are unaware of the situation.

edited May 2019

Nope, I do know "Bear" though. He's been around very long time. I think I saw him even in late 1990s, err, no, early 2000s on WHT.

"Bear" is an okay guy in my book.

• Soft_Soft_ Member

@deank said:
    Nope, I do know "Bear" though. He's been around very long time. I think I saw him even in late 1990s, err, no, early 2000s on WHT.

"Bear" is an okay guy in my book.

Is he also the owner of webhostingtalk.com ?

Bear? He's just a long-time member who used to have pretty heavy influence in the council. I am pretty sure he's just a shell of himself nowadays. WHT has become too commercial for enforcing common sense.

Back in 1990s, Matt used to own it. Then it got sold to a company.

That's when things started to go downhill.

• Soft_Soft_ Member

Interesting things, do you or anyone else here knows which company is behind this forum? I thought like i believe most others are people behind this which care for the hosting industry but i was totally wrong, this explains why all this marketing and scamie things occurs with these fraudsters

Liquidweb would be a good place to start since they host WHT.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

You have to understand once you sign up and agree to those terms you are their bitch.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Soft_Soft_ Member

@deank said:
    Liquidweb would be a good place to start since they host WHT.

That's what i thought too, they promote their business too, fake company too i being their client but due breach of the privacy they did me in webhostingtalk.com and all this weird things i moved.

• Soft_Soft_ Member

@SirFoxy said:
    You have to understand once you sign up and agree to those terms you are their bitch.

The only b**** in this case they are, they got exposed and no matter what now! People should be more careful and search before they trust a website.

• uptimeuptime Member

well, gosh, now you're here on LET which is sure to be an ... interesting change of scenery ...

but if you're looking for stuff to complain about you'll find plenty here as well.

as far as fraudulent misrepresentation and criminal encroachment on your privacy rights and freedom of speech and all that good stuff goes - what can I tell you? It's not like they're any kind of authority - you're not under any obligation to deal with them, nor them with you.

I understand the anguish, but it's not going to fly very far. We're here to talk about low-end hosts, and hosting accessories. Occasionally also related matters involving potatoes and potassium, but that's a controversial topic for advanced shitposters.

Don't forget the legend of WSS as well as the dreaded "The end is nigh" tales.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@deank said:
    Don't forget the legend of WSS

The myth of WSS.

as well as the dreaded "The end is nigh" tales.

Those are dead.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Soft_Soft_ Member

@uptime said:
    well, gosh, now you're here on LET which is sure to be an ... interesting change of scenery ...

but if you're looking for stuff to complain about you'll find plenty here as well.

as far as fraudulent misrepresentation and criminal encroachment on your privacy rights and freedom of speech and all that good stuff goes - what can I tell you? It's not like they're any kind of authority - you're not under any obligation to deal with them, nor them with you.

I understand the anguish, but it's not going to fly very far. We're here to talk about low-end hosts, and hosting accessories. Occasionally also related matters involving potatoes and potassium, but that's a controversial topic for advanced shitposters.

Well i have posted this here on LET is for people be aware of them and the hosts which the promote like the liquidweb.com scam hosting which probably are behind webhostingtalk.com Here where we talk about low end hosts we need to be careful for what hosts we choose for our privacy, imagine you get a host where the owner is the admin of webhostingtalk.com like this idiot called " andy aka 'postbox' " There are multiple topics i see on google for the fraud scam activity of webhostingtalk.com i thought this place was a legit place, its also illegal they ask for my id and my personal information's, thanks guys for replying to this topic and especially deank.

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited May 2019

This place is anything but legit. LET has its own buttload of issues.

LET is crooked but LET doesn't try to hide they it's crooked. Well, they do try a little but their efforts are elementary school level stuff.

WHT tries to hide it with all their mights.

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy Chuck
  • Soft_Soft_ Member

So webhostingtalk.com its a legit scam :smiley: there are the same and the same person replying there to everything comment probably paid bots

• uptimeuptime Member

Thanks that's much appreciated, I'm sure it will be educational for many people here.

Now, that said ... I have a feeling you're going to love learning about ColoCrossing ghost hosts and the finer points of IP address allocation ... :)

It's more or less the same shit - you can find it here too without looking too hard - it's just a tastier flavor, and maybe a fighting chance to steer clear of most of it if you pay a minimal amount of attention to the comments over some period of time.

definitely recommended to get a handle on what @deank might refer to as PMS

there is a surplus of it here already

• But, what good is WHT if they have no @WSS?

A forum with no @WSS, is like a horse with no name - it feels good to be out on the rain, in the desert, you can't remember your name...

Thanked by 2uptime Chuck

@WUSS would be banned on day one on WHT. That place is fucking no fun to be with.

All those sig spamming doesn't help, either.

• sinsin Member

deank said: All those sig spamming doesn't help, either.

Hello, what is your budget?

GET YOUR SUPER LOW PRICED HOSTING HERE AT WHT!!! CLICK HERE!!! LOOK AT MY SIG!!!

Thanked by 2Francisco feezioxiii
  • uptimeuptime Member

$7

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

Alpharacks - Dustin and Adam need to acquire Liquid web fast!

• donlidonli Member

@Chuck said:

Sorry, Dustin is "exiting the hosting industry".

• ChuckChuck Member

@donli said:

@Chuck said:

Sorry, Dustin is "exiting the hosting industry".

Does he start flipping burgers industry at mcdonald?

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member

WebHostingTalk.com mostly has fake reviews. They sound quite similar: XYZ Host is superb. They are reliable. They answer tickets in 10 minutes. Migrated my sites free. Speed is 9/10, Performance is: 9/10, Pricing 10/10.. so and so. You find ten thousands of such reviews for various hosts on web hosting a talk. Gone are the days when users reading such reviews signed up the host.

Reals reviews are descriptive. They will talk about how the problem was solved or how their site benefited by changing host with data points, how much tight the hand-holding was from your host on any of the products like unmanaged vps, managed WP, shared, cloud products. Where the host is lacking, how they were not able to help/solve the problem and how was their approach towards you as a client.

Real reviews mostly highlight a single issue/topic and this what a user wants to read to judge a provider.

• Nothing wrong in asking for ID proof. You can asked to provide alternative proof instead of ID proof you don't like to share.