Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!] - Page 6
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]

Comments

• ShazanShazan Provider

@deank said:
      In the end, the real victim is customers who were foolish enough to spend money on those service.

In a broader point of view, the whole hosting industry is the real victim because prices are pushed down by the scammers. People tend to buy from them because of the very low prices and honest companies are forced to make cheaper offers, lower the quality of the service and/or fire employees just to survive.

So the victims are multiple here, people, competitors, employees, and so on.

Noamweb - Managed hosting in Italy

• donlidonli Member

@Shazan said:

@deank said:
      In the end, the real victim is customers who were foolish enough to spend money on those service.

In a broader point of view, the whole hosting industry is the real victim because prices are pushed down by the scammers. People tend to buy from them because of the very low prices and honest companies are forced to make cheaper offers, lower the quality of the service and/or fire employees just to survive.

"Race to the Bottom" - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/race-bottom.asp

Thanked by 1Shazan
    • deankdeank Member

Thus, the end is nigh.

Join Nigh sect.

Thanked by 3Shazan Falzo pepa65

The end is no longer nigh. LET is dead.

• they gone

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
      Thus, the end is nigh.

Join Nigh sect.

Thanks, but I do not wish to be a Knight who says Nigh.

Thanked by 1uptime
    • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

@Shazan said:

80/20 rule applies here my friend.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
    • ShazanShazan Provider

@BlaZe said:
      80/20 rule applies here my friend.

Always.

Noamweb - Managed hosting in Italy

• deankdeank Member

Well, it's partially true. Not anymore, they ain't. They got fired after all along with rest of their "rented" equipment.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
      Well, it's partially true. Not anymore, they ain't. They got fired after all along with rest of their "rented" equipment.

So who's gonna file a lawsuit first?

• solairesolaire Member

@donli said:

@deank said:

So who's gonna file a lawsuit first?

The customers of Alpharacks, hopefully.

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

Nah, cheapos can't never file a lawsuit.

Filing some complaints is probably as far as they will go.

Thanked by 1pepa65

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

@Host4Geeks said:

If this is true, looking like it is now then they also ran the w00thosting bullshit scam as well I > guess.

Does seem like true confirmed through multiple official sources, quite unfortunate. He always came out as a wonderful guy.

@AnthonySmith said:
      iirc around 2011/12 Dustin also ran a huge pump and dump operation to mass IP's that did not end well which he sold to QN and that is how he got to QN in the first place.

The first company he ran was called SemoWeb. It was sold to Root Level Technologies. There was an IP buyout with Crissic I believe.

Are these buyouts super cheap or something? Seems hosting companies are rarely valued more than 1 X Earnings. Ridiculous.

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

Lowend hosting company buyout progress

A. Bro, help me out. I am going broke. Can't sustain.
      B. Fine, what steam game do you want?
      A. This & that, those two will be enough for me to kill time while I lay low for few weeks.
      B. Ok, gifted games.
      A. Thanks, Bro. Client email list sent. I will be back later with another company.

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 19

@deank said:
      Lowend hosting company buyout progress

A. Bro, help me out. I am going broke. Can't sustain.

"The summer dedicated server promo deal I got from my dedicated provider is expiring and when I factor in their new prices with my customers that have $1/year hosting plans I'm in the red".

• liampogiliampogi Member
      edited May 19

I already have a bad feeling after I faced an issue with them after acquiring woothosting, I stayed, then yesterday I have already moved everything to OVH because I know they have very stable vps to offer, unlike this shitty company

• donlidonli Member

@liampogi said:
      I already have a bad feeling after I faced an issue with them after acquiring woothosting, I stayed, then yesterday I have already moved everything to OVH because I know they have very stable vps to offer, unlike this shitty company

You lucked out - you got out.

• mansoormansoor Member

Their Justice server was having issues on Tuesday so they migrated me to Liberty which was another disaster. I finally gave up and took backups and moved all my sites over to another host. 7 hours later, the disaster happened. Soooo darn lucky. Saved by hours.

• solairesolaire Member

@mansoor said:
      Their Justice server was having issues on Tuesday so they migrated me to Liberty which was another disaster. I finally gave up and took backups and moved all my sites over to another host. 7 hours later, the disaster happened. Soooo darn lucky. Saved by hours.

You could've simply restored from backups if you didn't get out in time, right?

• deankdeank Member

Backups are for pussies. Real men take no backup, no RAID, no protection.

Thanked by 1pepa65

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
      Backups are for pussies. Real men take no backup, no RAID, no protection.

The saddest twitter posts are from people that had backups, but their backups were on other a-racks servers.

Thanked by 2pepa65 vimalware
    • mansoormansoor Member

@solaire said:

@mansoor said:

You could've simply restored from backups if you didn't get out in time, right?

I would have lost some emails and comments on the blogs I was hosting with them... but yea, I wouldn't be in a deep s##t like some others are. I learned by lesson from ZXHOST. Keep backups. Don't trust any provider specially on the LowEnd network.

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

@donli said:
      The saddest twitter posts are from people that had backups, but their backups were on other a-racks servers.

That's not a backup in any sense. That's just a copy of stuff, a waste of space.

• add_iTadd_iT Member

Can i open paypal dispute now?

I buy resource pool vps from woothosting on 20 September 2018 last year

• deankdeank Member

You can open a dispute in 180 days.

Do the math.

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@deank said:
      You can open a dispute in 180 days.

Do the math.

Oh ok, so i lose some money then

• LeeLee Member

Disappointed this is not more entertaining, guess I was spoiled with GVH.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 19

@add_iT said:
      Can i open paypal dispute now?

I buy resource pool vps from woothosting on 20 September 2018 last year

On twitter someone reported they were denied a paypal refund due to being "over 60 days".

me and my friend who also have vps from alpharacks try to be refunded .. but paypal denided that because it pass more than 60 days

• @dearroy said:

hzr said: @dearroy do you know anything about xu jinmao involved in alpharacks or other related host? I got DM about connection to webxury, with linkedin says he worked in quadranet.

If Alex Xu was ever involved, it could be before I was on board.

And yes, Alex ever worked for QuadraNet, I can confirm that.

He's the owner of WebXury, and he was said to quit the web hosting industry, I am not sure.

When you say "ever", I believe you actually mean "never".

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Lee said: Disappointed this is not more entertaining, guess I was spoiled with GVH.

Well, GVH seem nowadays a really decent provider while it lasted, compared with what we have seen the last couple of years in LEB/LET... And a pioneer, also!
      I wonder where Johnny is currently...

Thanked by 1Lee

I am here occasionally nowadays, because I really prefer https://talk.lowendspirit.com . You should try it, it is fat-free, delicious with fresh ingredients combined with the deep knowledge of the old chefs!

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 19

Only 75,000?

A-racks twitter post:

We have 75000 tickets + open currently, hence the delay.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider
      edited May 19

jvnadr said: I wonder where Johnny is currently...

Hopefully keeping his head down and his hands clean. From the looks of it (from the lack of news about him) he hopefully learned from his mistakes and thankfully he made them when he was young enough to recover from them.

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
      Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
    • jvnadrjvnadr Member

We have 75000 tickets + open currently

I am here occasionally nowadays, because I really prefer https://talk.lowendspirit.com . You should try it, it is fat-free, delicious with fresh ingredients combined with the deep knowledge of the old chefs!

• deankdeank Member

Remove three zeros, AP has got 75 tickets open.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

• MasonRMasonR Member

We've all seen this before. They'll continue trying to stall and keep all their clients' hopes up. Promising all the while there is no loss of data. Meanwhile they are emptying their paypal funds and all the money from this con-job far out of the reach of the impending slew of chargebacks.

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

• DgryfhDgryfh Member

Likely my next payment cycle is on June. So this issue clearly indicated me to move out and cancel my service. I already restored almost all my services from backup at home hosted server at this stage (looking to good KVM deal). Unfortunately, I have found that not everything been backed up (my fault) and some data been lost. Not big deal for own self hosted data.

I used Duplicati for backup purpose for my low end VPS and more than happy with it. I believe it is only open source block based backup with small overhead for local storage and network and highly recommend it.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member

does Alpharacks really have 75000 tickets opened????
      as if they are bluehost!!

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner

• ChuckChuck Member

Probably AlphaRacks will get sued by both QuadraNet and 1000 customers.

I like what she said, not what it means.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

From the latest tweet:

AlphaRacks CEO/owner is Julian Jin whilst Joshua Collishaw is the COO (based in the UK).

So Julian Jin must be a real person. Is that the same "Julian" that posts here for AR and does sales??

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 20

@pepa65 said:
      From the latest tweet:

AlphaRacks CEO/owner is Julian Jin whilst Joshua Collishaw is the COO (based in the UK).

So Julian Jin must be a real person. Is that the same "Julian" that posts here for AR and does sales??

How does that make him a real person (and not just a name used by others)? On their press release in April he was "managing director". If he's real where is his facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc. accounts?

• ChuckChuck Member

We should report this matter to the FED. It's time to stop these scammers

• pepa65pepa65 Member

How does that make him a real person (and not just a name used by others)

Isn't there a way in the US to look up CEO's or owners of registered companies?

• lonealonea Member, Provider

For immediate release. I doubt they have 75000 tickets opened.

BuyWebHosting - Web Hosting for $10 per year

• tetechtetech Member

@pepa65 said:

How does that make him a real person (and not just a name used by others)

Isn't there a way in the US to look up CEO's or owners of registered companies?

If it is a registered company then it would be with a state government, and you'd look it up at the Secretary of State office (or equivalent).

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Chuck said:

I don't really think it's scam enough to get any charges, I just think it's a shit company.

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

• FoulFoul Member
      edited May 20

Shame on you @QuadraNet_Adam since you seem to be browsing LET still.

Seems he still has his cute provider tag.

Thanked by 1Nate812
    • ChuckChuck Member

@SirFoxy said:

@Chuck said:

I don't really think it's scam enough to get any charges, I just think it's a shit company.

They said they have over 75000 customers. if they are planning to make a run for the money without offer helping those 75000 already PAID customers.
      This should be reported to the FBI.

Thanked by 1pepa65

• lonealonea Member, Provider

Except maybe 74000 of them are chinese

@Chuck said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Chuck said:

They said they have over 75000 customers. if they are planning to make a run for the money without offer helping those 75000 already PAID customers.
      This should be reported to the FBI.

Thanked by 1lowendclient

BuyWebHosting - Web Hosting for $10 per year

• solairesolaire Member

@Foul said:
      Shame on you @QuadraNet_Adam since you seem to be browsing LET still.

Seems he still has his cute provider tag.

Don't blame them for making a sensible decision. This was bound to happen.

This discussion has been closed.