Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!] - Page 5
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]

Comments

• FR_MichaelFR_Michael Member, Provider
      edited May 19

@SWRay said:

I post on personal title, not in the name of my employer.

Surprise, suprise.

Thanked by 1Falzo
    • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider
      edited May 19

@SWRay said:

That's very convenient that you create an account, announce in your second post that you're a competitor to QuadraNet, post negative things specifically about QuadraNet (not related to AlphaRacks), then refuse to disclose your company when asked.

I completely understand why you're doing what you're doing, but there's already so much negativity here on LET just please stop. It's not productive, doesn't contribute to this thread, and it's distracting people from the real issue here. Not gonna lie, from my perspective it looks like you're either employed by AlphaRacks or at the very least friends with them based on how much you're shifting the focus on QuadraNet (similar to how AlphaRacks was doing in their tweets about the outage). I'm fairly certain you're not involved with them but from reading your posts they really should write you a check for helping them with damage control.

Thanked by 2Falzo netomx
      -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
      Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
    • SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@KuJoe said:

TLDR for the people that don't want to invest the same amount of time I did reading 14 pages of the thread:

1) Chris G made some mistakes when he was 16 and was banned from WHT.
      2) QuadraNet hired him after getting the whole story about what happened.
      3) QuadraNet allowed him to use a different name to avoid controversy on WHT since people were still out for blood.
      4) WHT found out and freaked out over rumors of what really happened.
      5) People are pissed and wanted to know why QuadraNet wasn't banned from WHT.
      6) QuadraNet explained what really happened and offered to fix it for the person that was impacted (unpaid bill at Steadfast).
      7) People were confused how Kate used to be Kevin thinking they were also Chris.
      8) QuadraNet messed up on words and titles (this part still confuses me but whatever).
      9) People claimed that the WHT mods were giving QuadraNet special treatment for allowing their staff to continue after hiring a "scammer" (this term was used for somebody who wasn't able to pay their hosting bill while undergoing radiation treatments for colon cancer).
      10) Ultimately Chris G had a second account banned from WHT for ban evasion (which QuadraNet said was the right move).

You omitted some details
      11) Quadranet CEO claimed Chris G is just a sales man, on another forum he said Chris is a co owner of the company. They claimed he is just a sales agent in 'formal explanation' and it has proven to be a lie - see 12
      12) Chis has been proven at that time, not to be 'just a sales man' he was Quadranet's VP
      13) Quadranet CEO claimed on another forum, to own the whole building, this was later restated as 'all the datarooms in the building' that is still untrue, as there are two other companies in the building that own their own datarooms in the building. This was explained away as 'Quadranet CEO has a bad understanding of English'
      14) Bad English ? https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=712643&page=7&p=5246303#post5246303
      15) Chris scammed afterwards more people, announced BOGON Ipv4 and went on spamruns with them
      16) Chris was blackmailing at least one company, to try make them hand over their domain.

@SWRay said:
      You omitted some details
      11) Quadranet CEO claimed Chris G is just a sales man, on another forum he said Chris is a co owner of the company.
      12) Chis has been proven at that time, not to be 'just a sales man' he was Quadranet's VP
      13) Quadranet CEO claimed to own the whole building, this was later restated as 'all the datarooms in the building' that is still untrue, as there are two other companies in the building that own their own datarooms in the building.
      14) Chris scammed afterwards more people, announced BOGON Ipv4 and went on spamruns with them
      15) Chris was blackmailing at least one company, to try make them hand over their domain.

Can you link to the scamming and blackmail parts because I missed all of that.

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    • SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@KuJoe said:

@SWRay said:
      You omitted some details
      11) Quadranet CEO claimed Chris G is just a sales man, on another forum he said Chris is a co owner of the company.
      13) Quadranet CEO claimed to own the whole building, this was later restated as 'all the datarooms in the building' that is still untrue, as there are two other companies in the building that own their own datarooms in the building.
      14) Chris scammed afterwards more people, announced BOGON Ipv4 and went on spamruns with them
      15) Chris was blackmailing at least one company, to try make them hand over their domain.

Can you link to the scamming and blackmail parts because I missed all of that.

Examples

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1578152&p=9710864&highlight=Chris+gotzmann#post9710864

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1537627&p=9616825&highlight=Chris+gotzmann#post9616825

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1578152

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1433639&p=9304274&highlight=swiftnode.net+chris#post9304274

I find this one interesting now i spotted it, but have not looked into it deeper
      https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1537627&p=9616825#post9616825

http://spammergotzmann.blogspot.com/

Coincidence? ALPHAred ALPHARACKS, PacificRACKS

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@FR_Michael said:

@SWRay said:

Surprise, suprise.

Surprise? did you read my second post in this thread?

@SWRay said:
      Well my sources claim a lot but as this likely will be criminal case + civilian court cases i wonder how much i can say, without any trouble to me. **Full disclosure i am with a direct competitor of Quadranet **and what i heard, Quadranet made a very good/brave decision when they heard about the extend of the frauds.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

@SWRay please start a new thread for your anti QN manipulation, you are dragging this one away from the core issues.

Thanked by 1Falzo
    • FR_MichaelFR_Michael Member, Provider
      edited May 19

@SWRay said:

@FR_Michael said:

@SWRay said:

Surprise, suprise.

Surprise? did you read my second post in this thread?

i read every of your replies and I agree with @KuJoe that this makes you look fishy. And before you ask, we have never done business with qn, alpharacks or any of the involved persons.

Thanked by 1Nate812
    • rick2610rick2610 Member

I just noticed the ip ranges are not announced anymore by QN.

https://bgp.he.net/ip/5.180.20.0

• zafouharzafouhar Member

@SWRay said:

@FR_Michael said:

@SWRay said:

Would you mind to share your employer so we can see your postings in the right context?

I post on personal title, not in the name of my employer. In my first post here i disclosed i work for a company that is a QN competitor - please look it up in this very thread, no secrets kept :)

Ahh like the other competitors of QN who got acquired by QN I guess.

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@FR_Michael said:

i read every of your replies and I agree with @KuJoe that this makes you look fishy. And before you ask, we have never done business with qn, alpharacks or any of the involved persons.

Very well, i leave you guys to it then. @kujoe is a customer of QN, so i understand his agenda.

@zafouhar said:

That would not be very likely to happen.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
    • angstromangstrom Member

Ah, yes, now I remember: @ItsChrisG was active on LET for a couple of years but disappeared in September 2016. Based on his posts, he was quite a character.

I recall that someone said that he was sent to prison, but I don't know whether this was true.

Thanked by 1uptime

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• Nate812Nate812 Member

@SWRay said:

@FR_Michael said:

Very well, i leave you guys to it then. @kujoe is a customer of QN, so i understand his agenda.

@zafouhar said:

We understand your agenda is to make QN look bad in any possible way you can. Customer or not, you're being a pain in the ass who wants to throw speculation and drama into this thread.

Let stick to the facts. If you want to continue your speculation, kindly provide the following information: name (full legal), company, country, city, and phone number(both business and work). I'm willing to bet you won't.

So, on that note, I say this kindly, shut the fuck up and only contribute facts that can be easily verified.

Thanked by 2FR_Michael poisson

SWRay said: Very well, i leave you guys to it then. @kujoe is a customer of QN, so i understand his agenda.

Just because you have an agenda doesn't mean everybody else does. If this thread was about QuadraNet making a mistake or doing something wrong then I wouldn't care about your posts and would gladly pack up my servers and go elsewhere if it was a grievous ethical or legal wrong, but this thread is about AlphaRacks with QuadraNet being a victim (as you originally pointed out but then seem to have forgotten) and all of your posts are to move the focus away from Dustin and Adam and point it at QuadraNet instead.

I know you're new here but feel free to review my history over the past 7 years or so (I'll be the first to admit I was a bit of an asshole the first few years, but I've made a conscious effort to move away from that attitude) and you'll see I'm as transparent as they get and don't have any ulterior motives.

@angstrom said:
      Ah, yes, now I remember: @ItsChrisG was active on LET for a couple of years but disappeared in September 2016. Based on his posts, he was quite a character.

I recall that someone said that he was sent to prison, but I don't know whether this was true.

This said, this thread isn't (or shouldn't be) about ChrisG anyway, as others have already remarked.

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

@rick2610 said:
      I just noticed the ip ranges are not announced anymore by QN.

https://bgp.he.net/ip/5.180.20.0

Well spotted. That looks like evidence of a deadpool to me..

I'm a HostDoc representative and purveyor of high quality potassium.

• xaocxaoc Member
      edited May 19

Any drama is good in my book as long as is interesting and the above finger'pointing isn't, so you guys can gtfo, both the competitors and the customers, as your opinions are clearly biased.

Thanked by 1uptime

So Say We All

• iloveasiailoveasia Member

Anyone can elaborate full story in one line or word?

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

@iloveasia said:
      Anyone can elaborate full story in one line or word?

The end is nigh.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
      edited May 19

@Nate812 said:

@SWRay said:

@FR_Michael said:

@zafouhar said:

We understand your agenda is to make QN look bad in any possible way you can. Customer or not, you're being a pain in the ass who wants to throw speculation and drama into this thread.

Let stick to the facts. If you want to continue your speculation, kindly provide the following information: name (full legal), company, country, city, and phone number(both business and work). I'm willing to bet you won't.

So, on that note, I say this kindly, shut the fuck up and only contribute facts that can be easily verified.

He's the owner of PaulVPS, one of the most famous hosting service (Even one of the top 5 wordpress hosting provider) in China before, until their business has been destroyed by the 'cooperate' with Chris (from QN that time). It is reasonable why he felt angry about QN and their staff.

As for QN, I believe they have enough legal basis to stop AlphaRacks' servers, however it wont't change the fact that AlphaRacks is highly related to QN (Servers, staff and the current situation).

Hope they can solve the issue in the following work days, or it will reduce the reputation of both Alpha (Bad enough) and QN.

• dearroydearroy Member, Provider

lowendclient said: He's the owner of PaulVPS, one of the most famous hosting service (Even one of the top 5 wordpress hosting provider) in China before, until their business has been destroyed by the 'cooperate' with Chris (from QN that time). It is reasonable why he felt angry about QN and their staff.

I am not going to comment on Chris too much since this is an AlphaRacks topic, even though he was the owner of it.

Actually, I am never feeling angry about QN and their staff, and I even talked to Ilan (The QuadraNet CEO) several times and see if we can partner in some ways.

As far as I can recall, when I was working for AlphaRacks, there're some VPN and RDP accounts shared in a Google sheet, I guess these were used to bypass censorship, it's possible QN didn't know it at the beginning or even then did, they have no proof.

QN did the thing right on AlphaRacks, but the management should learn a lesson from it. 4 or maybe even more staffs ever got involved in AlphaRacks, it just looks like everyone knows it but management does not, this is really risky for a company.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • qpsqps Member, Provider

dearroy said: I am not going to comment on Chris too much since this is an AlphaRacks topic, even though he was the owner of it.

I wonder does ChrisG still own AlphaRacks or is he still involved in some way? I'm not sure we'll ever know the answer to this question, but seems to be a critical piece of the puzzle.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Moderator

Since @SWRay will not disclose who he works for, I will. Because there needs to be some transparency to who the f!ck you represent. Swiftway

• dearroydearroy Member, Provider

qps said: I wonder does ChrisG still own AlphaRacks or is he still involved in some way? I'm not sure we'll ever know the answer to this question, but seems to be a critical piece of the puzzle.

I don't think he still owns it. While he was in prison, AlphaRacks still remained operational, it means someone else was running it.

It could be sold again (since it's not the first time it was traded), and finally went to Dustin and Adam.

Thanked by 1level6
    • deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

Once you scam in your youth (teenage hood and early adulthood), scamming becomes your way of life.

Those involved in AP and others who've run scam hosts before, it will likely be their only way to making a lifehood. They generally know nothing better and honest works become too hard for them.

Thanked by 3dearroy poisson Yura

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

If only I had extra money to burn, I'd get someone to make a documentary out of all this drama. So many fucking twists (especially with @SWRay 's entry).

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

Hope this helps.
      https://blog.infostruction.com/tag/quadranet/
      All about Alpharacks and another name is dropped: Skylar MacMinn

Thanked by 3uptime pepa65 PsyHost

@SWRay said:
      Hope this helps.
      https://blog.infostruction.com/tag/quadranet/

Oh, wow.

• SWRaySWRay Member

@angstrom said:

Oh, wow.

Want some more Popcorn?
      Before QN hired Chris, he was very much involved in Alphared a huge scam because they created and distributed scareware

http://spammergotzmann.blogspot.com/
      Very interesting article on AlphaRed is
      https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2008/09/microsoft-tries-to-put-fear-of-god-into-scareware-vendors/

Chris was discovered working there, so Alphared claimed he was fired, While he took the alias Michael Sandoval and continued work there until it got discovered that Chris is Michael .
      Then he joined Quadranet under the alias of Alex Ferrier
      Yes, Chris was involved in the Alphared scam of selling scareware.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • SWRaySWRay Member

@BlaZe said:
      If only I had extra money to burn, I'd get someone to make a documentary out of all this drama. So many fucking twists (especially with @SWRay 's entry).

And i only disclose what i 'can' disclose with backing evidence at the moment.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • tetechtetech Member

@SWRay said:

Well that is non-news, it was discussed to death at the time
      https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60427/crissic-has-been-acquired-by-quadranet

I'm no fan of this individual, but the fact the IP ranges can be traced back to Crissic via QN acquisition doesn't imply anything and is basically mud-slinging.

• LeeLee Member

SWRay said: And i only disclose what i 'can' disclose with backing evidence at the moment.

So, what is your actual purpose here? What are you trying to achieve apart from quoting history that most who are even slightly interested already know?

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@tetech said:
      I'm no fan of this individual, but the fact the IP ranges can be traced back to Crissic via QN acquisition doesn't imply anything and is basically mud-slinging.

Honestly, i do not know if and how much he is involved. Chris, Adam and Dustin are behind Alpharacks and somehow, managed to create an organisation within QN to sell servers at low prices, acquire Ipv4 and they even managed to delay or totally stop abuse handling on activities launched from within Alpharacks.
      More companies/brands are involved, we look only at the tip of the iceberg here.
      To the guys above who say: QN has nothing to do with it, probably not, but a group of QN employees basically seem to have created a criminal organisation within the company.

Thanked by 2uptime pepa65
    • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

This is a whole lot of drama for my morning shit.

Thanked by 2xaoc Nick

phuck dis guy

• tetechtetech Member

@SirFoxy said:
      This is a whole lot of drama for my morning shit.

I tend to prefer doing mine in the evening after some exercise

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
    • deankdeank Member

Save your cable TV cost and just browse LET.

• FalzoFalzo Member
      edited May 19

SWRay said: QN has nothing to do with it, probably not, but a group of QN employees basically seem to have created a criminal organisation within the company.

yes, which can happen to every smaller business, if the group consists of the people in higher positions. Even a CEO can only monitor so much and in this case probably at least partially relied on the honesty and loyality of his employees (as one would expect it to be in every company). once found out, obviously the needful things have been done immediatly.

internal abuse aka corruption is a very sad thing for a company to happen, I hope that QN can manage to steer away from that quickly and continue to provide their solid services.

trying to smear them or make wild assumptions about what due diligence has been made or omitted does not help anyway.

SWRay said: This got followed by them creating fake, bad reviews about our company. One of the two reviews is made by someone with Swiftlayer as email address, Swift iNternet, SwiftNode and various such names where in the past used by none other than: Chris Gotzmann.

interesting...

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
      Since @SWRay will not disclose who he works for, I will. Because there needs to be some transparency to who the f!ck you represent. Swiftway

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

Guess Chris got inspired. I do not represent any company here, I work for one. If you want any assurance, i have no involvement with Chris or his gang, if that is what you try to imply here.

• NeoonNeoon Member

@deank said:
      Save your cable TV cost and just browse LET.

Sadly, They still make us pay, fuckers.
      Besides, the LET joy of drama, which is sometimes pretty decent.

@SWRay

As competitor, I would not call them publicly a criminal organisation, no idea how QN reacts on that.

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@Neoon said:
      As competitor, I would not call them publicly a criminal organisation, no idea how QN reacts on that.

Working for a competing company, well not a real competitor to be fair, I have never seen QN in a bid for business, the company i work for is indeed operating in the same industry as QN, so i named them 'competitor' to avoid being called out on it later.
      I can safely say Chris & Gang form or have formed a criminal organization within QN, i fear no legislation with regards to such a statement.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

So the elephant that @SWRay is making very plausible is that QN might (should?) have been quite aware of the goings-on over the years, with a pattern emerging of scapegoating certain people, but still pocketing the money of scammed customers of the 'bad' sub-company (AlphaRacks in this case). If QN allows AlphaRacks to continue to operate in some form (let their customers keep their services & data) then there is no elephant, because QN doesn't profit. But if they leave the victims out in the cold, this elephant would be very suspicious, given what is known about the operation.

• SWRaySWRay Member

FWIW:
      I just got information and assurances, that the top management of QN did not know about this organization within their organization, i got such information from what I would call very reliable sources.
      The moment they found out, they handled it accordingly. I doubt QN will reply to anything until they dealt with all the legal aspects surrounding the case.

• FalzoFalzo Member

SWRay said: if that is what you try to imply here.

I only follow the path you laid out here yourself and apply the same patterns and assumptions...

SWRay said: Coincidence? ALPHAred ALPHARACKS, PacificRACKS

SWIFTlayer SWIFTnode SWIFTway. Coincidence?

Thanked by 1Nate812

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• pepa65pepa65 Member

I understand the AlphaRacks guys get all the blame, but it is QN that has pulled the plug on all the AlphaRacks customers... That is one way to turn around 'unsustainable' prices, by just cutting lots of contracts short, not reimbursing ("nothing to do with us") and releasing thousands of people scammed out of their services back into the hosting market.

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 19

@Falzo said:

SWRay said: if that is what you try to imply here.

I only follow the path you laid out here yourself and apply the same patterns and assumptions...

SWRay said: Coincidence? ALPHAred ALPHARACKS, PacificRACKS

SWIFTlayer SWIFTnode SWIFTway. Coincidence?

Apples don't fall far from its tree after all.

@pepa65 said:
      I understand the AlphaRacks guys get all the blame, but it is QN that has pulled the plug on all the AlphaRacks customers... That is one way to turn around 'unsustainable' prices, by just cutting lots of contracts short, not reimbursing ("nothing to do with us") and releasing thousands of people scammed out of their services back into the hosting market.

This is a common tactic used by some companies. Let them (underlings) run unsustainable companies, let it collapse and grab clients.

In the end, the real victim is customers who were foolish enough to spend money on those service.

I tend to blame victims more than scammers when it comes to business scams. Scamming is always going to exist in the history of mankind. It's down to potential victims who must defend themselves. I don't blame victims that fall for a complex scam, but these scams they are pulling is elementary school stuff. 10 seconds of due diligence is generally enough to keep themselves safe.

Thanked by 1pepa65

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

Most likely not coincidence in the ALPHAred ALPHARACKS, PacificRACKS as there is overwhelming evidence, these three brands all had the involvement of the same person.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

Now the acquisition of w00thosting, nfphosting and hostmybytes makes a lot of sense too. Sell the lossleaders to the fallguys, and you also don't need to provide service to these scammed people any longer. This is some form of hosting-cartellism going on.

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 19

@pepa65 said:
      Now the acquisition of w00thosting, nfphosting and hostmybytes makes a lot of sense too. Sell the lossleaders to the fallguys, and you also don't need to provide service to these scammed people any longer. This is some form of hosting-cartellism going on.

There was no sale, at least two of the three brands you mentioned were always owned by this group afaik.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • deankdeank Member

It is highly likely that these scams are pulled by a small group of the same people over and over.

You can also spot a very similar pattern over LEB as well.

Thanked by 1pepa65

• donlidonli Member

@pepa65 said:

But strangely my w00t shared hosting accounts are still functioning.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    This discussion has been closed.